Thread: Wierd pulsing feeling in my stomach!?

Question Wierd pulsing feeling in my stomach!?

As this is my 1st pregnancy I don't actually know what kicking feels like but last nite I had a wierd feeling in the centre of my stomach about 2 inches up from belly button it felt like what I would expect a kick to feel like it was a really strong pulsing feeling, lasted for about 5mins constantly. I know it definitely wasn't kicking but it felt really wierd it worried me at first but then I thought well it's not hurting so it must be something doing something! Anyone know what it could have been?

Thanks

My first kicks (at about 18wks pg) felt like pulses, but they weren't continuous for any length of time - more so just a pulse here and a pulse there.

Sorry LOL - that hasn't really helped you much at all!

Percy Guest

I think its a bit early for you to feel kicks if you only got your BFP on 21 November. Most people don't feel anything until at least the 15 to 18 week mark.

What about hiccups? I'm not sure when they normally start though. I would get hiccups that sound like that quite often.

Above your belly button would be something stomach related I think - your uterus is still located within your pelvis at this point.

Some of suggests in my due date thread are that it could have been a nerve or due to the excess blood flow right at the moment I am getting a similarm pulsing in my left arm so i think it is probably due to the increase in blood.

I knew it definitely wasn't kicking but i was wondering what is was I'll ask at my 1st appt at the hospital in January

I was going to suggest hiccups too. Jesse got hiccups at least twice a day when in my tummy, obviously early on they were only faint pulsing but they got alot stronger as time went on. He still gets them now, not as much though. They were pulses every 2 seconds or so and lasted for about 5 minutes. But i dont think i started feeling them until i was about 20 or so weeks.

I have throbbing/pulsing in my stomach too. Though it has only become really strong over the last few months. I'm now 19 weeks. It is the blood pumping through the body. If I put my finger on it I can link it back to my own heart beat. I only realised this after my doctor used the doppler on me and showed me the difference between my own heart beat which pulses down there and the baby's heart beat. Maybe it's that? It could be stretching too??

Jan, that sounds right to me.

Caro, no I'm 7w5d or 7w1d both mr dr and I think it's 7w5d but I am having a scan on the 19th to confirm but I am definitely at least 7w1d.

This might sound weird but i had a similar thing and it was like i could feel my heart beating in the middle of my stomach - i even got DP to feel it i think sweetpeajan is right - it may be because your heart is pumping so much more blood around your body.. .... but i def felt a pulsing .

Yep I have the same thing, I usually feel it when I'm lying down in the middle of my stomach. I asked my OB about it and he said it is blood being pumped around your body. Our bodies make a lot of extra blood during pg.

meegm yea that's exactly what it's like, it feels like a heartbeating. Lis, it's interesting how the extra blood results in wierd little pulsing in certain places.

Thanks everyone for sharing your experiences

Debbie Lee Guest

I've felt it too, Jas (as you know).
    Definitely not kicks but something is happening down there!! LOL
    Strangely enough, they do feel a little like what kicks feel like at the beginning. Kind of like popcorn popping inside your tummy.