Thread: Woah, what was THAT?

Default Woah, what was THAT?

I just had the most bizarre feeling in my tummy... It was down my right side as I breathed in, in my little "pot belly", like something was sort of ripping under my skin. I did have the brief thought of "something's happened, I'm losing this baby" (oh yay, I love those thoughts ) but then I realised that it was only just under my skin. It wasn't painful, really, just... weird. Went away when I stood up.

Anyone else felt this, or am I a special kind of special? It was probably just a new stretch mark coming in

ETA - It just happened again It's really an unpleasant feeling. Even though I'm fairly sure nothing's wrong with bubs, it's scaring me...

Last edited by TeniBear; July 31st, 2010 at 06:09 AM.

Dunno what it is, I got all sorts of wierd feelings when pg, but wanted to give you this Its hard not to worry, but I'm sure its OK.

It is probably just wind or stretching or something. It doesn't sound like anything sinister and weird tummy feelings are normal when your pregnant (and even though I have been pregnant 3 times before, I still forget every time and spend the first couple of months completely freaking out).

Sending you lots of

Hi Tenibear,

I got what it sounds to me pains like you are having in my first trimester with my DS. Although I agree with you...not sure if they were all working up to the many stretchmarks the little man caused me :-) Hope they go away soon...

I got that exact feeling, particularly when I stood up after sitting for a while. I was told it was ligaments stretching. Felt more like ligaments ripping to me! Lovely new hormones are making everything behave differently and things are shifting to make room for your uterus. Don't stress Hun!

Ligaments stretching, I had the same thing & yep, it's a really scary feeling. I thought I was falling apart in there

Those early stretching pains can really be freaky, big hugs hun xxoo

I was gonna say ligaments stretching too. I remember them with Noah and thought someone was pulling something. It was a really weird pain.

Big

Default Woah, what was THAT?

But I thought ligaments were deeper?

Hasn't happened again today, so I'm not stressing

Yeah, first thing I thought was ligaments, and then re read and saw it wasn't deep, and in all my pregs I got weird muscle spasms in the early weeks...maybe it was that? Not painful, just a very odd feeling.

I'm not sure. It was only as I breathed in. As soon as I felt it, I stopped breathing and the feeling left. I really wish I could describe it exactly

Does sound like ligamnet stretching...I'm sure all is well though Phwoar, 6 weeks already, how time flies!

was it like a stitch? I used to get them with DD when I had been doing too much and then I sat down and I would get a sharp twinge on my side (down low). Almost as if the muscles aren't strong enough to cope with the activity any more?

Otherwise ligament pain sounds plausable, although I only get that on my left side (same with DD) and its much deeper.

Hi TeniBear

It was probably a muscle spasm and nothing to worry about. These spasms are quite common pregnant or not. You may sometimes notice the corner of your eye or your eyelid twitching. The same thing is happening to your tummy.

I had that once - it's stretching from what I heard