Thread: Worried

ryanjames34 Guest

Default Worried

Hi Everyone
    I am nearly 6 wks pgs. last wk I had a u/s due to pains I have been experiencing, as dr wanted to see if I had Ectopic pg which I don't.
    But I am still experiencing pain on my right side mainly at night on my side and when I get to stand up. I saw dr today but he said to go to hospital if it get much worse. The thing is it comes and goes but it doesn't get worse then what it has been. I was thinking it may be muscle related but it is worrying me. I am very overweight and I think it may be due to that and also I have been pgs 4 times in 4 years, I lost the first one due to anencephaly ( I had to terminate at 15wks), then I had my 2 boys the following 2 years, I just hope that everything is fine with this bubs.

I would be glad to hear from anyone else whom has or is in the same type of situation.

From Christine

Christine,

It's good that the ultrasound ruled out ectopic - did they definitely say that? If so, then you don't have to worry about it.

If the pain isn't increasing that is probably a good sign too but it isn't good that you have this pain that's unexplained because it's worrying for you. Maybe go back and chat to your doctor and see if he/she can give you an answer about what else it might be.

Sorry I'm not much help, but I think your doctor needs to have another look at you just to set your mind at ease.

Mel

Melinda Guest

Hi Christine,

I can imagine that it's a pretty worrying thing for you, particularly having lost a little one previously. If an ectopic has been ruled out, it's possible that it's just muscular with everything stretching to accommodate your new little one!

Perhaps you could go back to your doctor though to ask for a referral for another u/s to set your mind at ease? A little peace of mind really does go a long way.

ryanjames34 Guest

Thanks for your advice. I was speaking to a nurse at the hospital whom said that it could be very well stomach muscle related, as my body really hasn't had time to adjust after pregnancy because I keep getting pregnant.
    I am going back to see my dr next week and ask if he could look into helping me finding the exact cause. I am been positive that I am having a healthy baby.

From Christine

Melinda Guest

I'm glad that you were able to get another opinion Christine. Let us know how you go after speaking to your Doctor again next week.

mooshie Guest

i don't know if i can be of much help, but i remember when i was pg with ds i to experienced pain on my right side in the early stages, my gp sent me off for an ultrasound to make sure it wasn't etopic pg which it wasn't. they told me it was either muscular or constipation (this is what it turned out to be). it wasn't a really bad pain but it was enought to keep me awake at night for a couple of nights being quite worried.

i also think maybe back to the docs for reassurance that all is okay.

thinking of you

Kirsty77 Guest

Hi Christine

I also had pains on the right side from very early on and my doc said it was everything stretching. Sometimes the pain was quite intense but eventually it lessened.I know how worried you must feel but it really sounds like its your body stretching to make room.

ryanjames34 Guest

Hi Melbo, Mooshie, Kirsty77 & Tootie,

I am now under January Buddies 2006, things have improved for since I last left message here. I know longer have pain on my right side, but I am starting to get alittle pain on my left. like you have said, it probably is only my body moving for bubs. Would love to chat to you in the near future.

christine

Melinda Guest

That's great Christine! I'm glad that things have improved for you!!!

Default reply

Honey, if you're worried and for peice of mind, go to the hospital and be monitored for a day or night, it'll put your mind at ease.

I got pains all the time with both pregnancies,and I went to hospital all the time (poor people),but hey that's what they're there for. Good Luck darl.xx

I had pains when I was about 8 weeks with my first PG. It was put down to growing pains. Hope things settle down for you ok.