Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: yellow cards?

Default yellow cards?

Im just curious if its because I have to see dr this pregnancy, but I havent recieved the yellow card with my details on it from each visit like blood pressure and fundus height and what not. Do they not do this anymore? I menat to ask at my last visit and forgot. TIA

lol thanks. I couldnt think of anything else to call it but the yellow card PMSL well i will be making sure i get it next time then! Thanks

i got mine at my first midwife appointment. I havent seen any doctors for my pregnancy though so not sure if thats the reason they didnt give you one. I'd also be asking for one at next appointment.

the yellow card is for nsw. not sure if my dr was full of it or not, but he said i must carry it on me at all times, its the law???

I don't have one of them ... the doc gave me a little booklet but I fill that out myself?

Im in nsw and mine was white too. I was also told to carry it at all times. I think in case say you faint or have an accident or something, if someones calls an ambulance they will know your pregnant and what not from the card.

Yep mine is yellow i have had it since my first app. You are to carry it for the reasons Tegan said....

i don't think they do them in Melbourne, I didn't have one with either of my PG's

I'm in Melbourne too, and yep, no yellow/white cards for me!

The yellow card does help if you present to hospital for the EDD and where you were up to with your BP etc. We also send you to the Birthing Unit most of the time after 20 weeks but before that you are seen in Emergency (so the date is REALLY important then - and they don't like to believe the mum, just the card )

My DH was highly entertained by me being "yellow carded" at 8 weeks!!! He said you can't get anywhere without that card, and to some extent he is right

I got mine this morning at my first official doctor's visit.

TeganRheana Guest

I dont think we get them here in Perth. But we do get a little blue booklet at our first midwife appointment that we have to take everytime.

Oh ps.... TEGAN!!! Just realised not only do we have the same name (same spelling even..wow!), but our first borns have the same birthday.....trippy!

lol how funny is that! Plus i am turning 21 soon, so same age too!

When i was in NSW and PG with DD i had a yellow card and was told to carry it with me at all times. I found it so useful....then i move down here to Melb and found they had no cards at all and it annoyed me. I liked seeing the progress my dr was writting on the card. But then wen i seen the dr's at Monash they had antenatal folders but they never wrote any thing in mine except at the first appt. So everytime i went i asked them to jot down a few notes. The few nights i ended up at the hospital prior to DD birth they wrote things in there tho!!

I got my yellow card on first dr appt.

Would have thought they'd give it to you at your booking in appt? Shame you have to ask for it... (I think someone might have made a mistake - busted )

Isabeau Guest

Umm?
    I have never heard of these card thingos
    are they important?

I guess it doesn't matter anymore I only have 2 weeks (or so) to go
    but I feel left out

i have a white card. didnt know i was ment to carry it with me everywhere thou...i leave it at home and just grab it on days i going to obs.
    Maybe, i should start to cart it around..

Isabeau, it's for if you are doing share care so that what the midwives write down can be viewed by your GP and vice versa.

I guess if you've had a pretty trouble free pregnancy with no complications and you only have 2 weeks to go, you'll be right. If you are only seeing the one person for AN appointments too, it's less important.

I didn't get mine till I was 28 weeks (due to my own slackness in going to hospital AN appointments, I was hoping to not to have to go at all)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast