Thread: You Dates or US Dates?

Default You Dates or US Dates?

Ok so i'm 20+1 wks according to my dates but when i had my US it said that i'm about 19+3.
    I was charting my cycle and definatley know the date of my last af and have still been using my dates but who is more accurate?
    Anyone else had this happen? What date did you use?
    TIA

The dating scan is more accurate than any scan done after that - so the 18-20 week scan isn't really that accurate. They take it off the length of the baby's leg, so you could have a short legged child in there or something I always measure over my dates because my kids all have long legs (take after their father unfortunately and didn't get ducks disease like me!)

Its only a few days anyway so don't worry about it too much. I'd still go off your dates if you are that definite about it.

Don't worry too much about the 20wk scan results in terms of EDD. They generally don't use that as a guide for working out EDD anyway and for some women they will have a lot of variation for each measurement. I remember with one of my 20wk scans the measurements were all over the place and there was about a 10 day variation between the lowest and the highest gestation. It is less than a week that the dates are out by, so just stick with your original dates.

Ahhhh, the great date debate. I really struggle with dates, and fortunately have found a midwife who listens to MY dates, and is not intent on the dating scan dates (for me they were out - there is NO way I got a +ve test at 7dpo) or my LMP dates when I have a 31 day cycle. It's not out by heaps, but at the other end of the pregnancy, when interventions are on the table, I think that every day makes a difference.

So, yeah, go with your dates. If your caregiver will let you. Good luck!

I have read heaps not to taek notice of dates after 12 weeks cause all bubs start growing dif then.

Thanks ladies,
    I didn't have a dating scan as i had to have a scan at around 4wks to check for an ectopic pregnancy and my doc felt that from hcg levels he was happy enough to go with my dates. There was nothing even visible on the 4wk scan.
    Audax - That is what i was thinking as well in relation to intervention, every day is important. Not to mention that cause i found out i was pregnant so early just a few extra days makes the pregnancy seem so much longer.
    I'm hoping my doc will just go with my dates.
    Good to know this bub might be a little shorter. Dh is 6ft4 and Olive is really tall for her age. Not sure i want little short me, and 2 really tall kids and dh, i'd be really out numbered then