Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Your age cut off for falling???

Mine was 30 - but I am 30 in July and not pg so I guess I will have to stretch it - hopefully not too far though.

Pietta Guest

I am def stopping at 28.

That means I have three years to have another 2 kids so i should be fine!

originally I wanted to do all my baby-making between 25 and 30.

Unfortunately I hit 25 and got horrendously sick!

so now I'm 30, feeling well for the first time in 5 years and trying for number 1.

I'm really not sure where the cutoff will be now, I was originally thinking that if I wasn't pregnant by 35 then I would adjust to being childless... unfortunately, bodies have other ideas - I'm finding I want a baby so bad it almost hurts!

The whole time I was sick I never stopped wanting a child - so I've been wanting to get pregnant for over 5 years so my mindset over ttc is a little screwed up as we are only on our 3rd month!

BW

Fire Fly Guest

I find it very interesting that the majority of us have said that 35 is our cut off. Im wondering if subconsciencly (s) we read all the time that 35 and over is classed as old for haveing a child and that is when complications start.

I personaly dont class myself as old (34) but id like to be spritely enough to still enjoy my kids, thats why 35 is my cut off.

Anyway...carry on

Well I'm 21 and PG with number 1. I always wanted to have 4 but when I was with XH I got talked into only wanting 2. Now I'm here (with a fairly unstable relationship) and I'm over the moon to be having one and already thinking back to my original plan of 4... however the future is just way too uncertain for planning so I think that as long as I can have them I'll try... But I think once I hit 40 that would be my cut off though you never know what curve balls life will throw at you to make you change things!

Debbie Lee Guest

I have always said I want to have all my kids before I am 30. Lucky for me I was married at 23, LOL. I guess it would be hard to have kids if you don't find the one you want to have the kids with before that cut-off age, hey?
    Life tends to muck around with our plans tho. Who knows, it make take a while for us to get preggo with the next one (we won't start trying again for a couple of years) and my plans will go out the window! I guess it pays to be flexible.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I always thought I was doing well having had three kids by the time I was 24. But when I hit 30, the urge to have another baby became very strong indeed. Like Impatient, it took a divorce, a new (and wonderful) DH and 4 years of trying to get here, 27 weeks pg to baby no 4.

This little'un will be arriving just before I turn 36, and at this point, if DH and I could afford it, and he wanted to, I would be happy to try for another, IVF rollercoaster and all. As far as I'm concerned, I don't have a cut off age anymore.

love
    sushee

I guess my cut-off has always been 40. But I'm planning on actually being done by 35 if all goes well. We're going to start TTC in a year when I'm 31.

I'll be 38 one month before this one is born and he is my first. I would like to have one more go with our frozen embryos or a natural conception should we be lucky enough so no, I don't have a cut off either.

I thought I would have my say in this topic.
    Myself, I never thought i would have more than 1-2 children. I had No.1 when I was 20 and now I am expecting No.6 and I have just turned 30. This is definately my last one as even though DH is 6 yrs younger than me, by the time we are in our late 40's-early 50's, our children will be pretty much in their teens.

This is very interesting, it`s something I`ve never thought about, I guess mainly because I didn`t meet my DH until I was 28.5 years of age.

My first (Matthew) was born 2 months short of my 31st Birthday.
    #2 is due 26 days after my 32nd Birthday.

I`m wanting 4 children and at this stage I`m thinking of trying for #3 when #2 is 1 year then have #4 as soon as possible after #3 but this will all depend on personality of #3, if it`s a dufficult child I might wait longer if it`s a easy going baby like Matthew it might be sooner that I try for #4.

So that will make me a minimun of 35 years

Janie Guest

I always wanted to have children before I was 30. So trying for my first at 28 (and a little bit!). Happy to have children up until I'm 35 but considering my DH is older than me, I want to consider his age more than mine - if that makes sense. I don't want to be pushing him to still be having children when he is in his mid-40s if he doesn't want to.

Like Debbie Lee said: life has a way of mucking up our best laid plans. I think it pays to be flexible, intuitive and sensible when it comes to major decisions like this. I had our 1st unplanned DD at 24, our DS at 34 and will be 36 when I have our third this year. I was just thinking today how old I'm physically feeling during this pregnancy and kinda wishing I'd had all my children pre-30. Oh well, I'm also so thankful I had my DD relatively young: she's the best little helper any mum could want! I think if i hadn't have had all the children I felt I could deal with (afford) by this stage I'd say my cut-off would be 40. And that would be due to the potential for health issues in the child.

I have never really thought about what age I would stop having Kids. I am 25 and pg with number 3 so I am think I will be finished well before I hit 35. I will be 26 when this one is born & to keep it on even years if there will be another it will be when I am 28 & maybe a 5th at 30 , but we'll see how I go LOL

If dh has his way it will be a 7th at 34! But Dh is 8 years older then me so its going to get harder as the years go on for him. lol

I had never wanted kids & when I was lucky enough to be pregnant at age 24 with #1, I was stoked & said then that I would have my family finished by te time I was 28! :shock: Then I became a single Mum & it took another 2+ yrs to meet my now DH after living in different countries & having to travel back & fourth to be together & then DH finally getting a visa to live in OZ, we tried for over a year & then suffered a loss & now we have a 6 month old gorgeous little girl, I am now 32 & so I hope we are blessed with one more before I turn 35, if not we are a done..
    I totally noticed the difference in preg #1 to preg #2! I also believe my age had to do with it!!!!

30 for me and 33 for Dh. So we have another 10 years of babymaking time before we're done. Ideally we'd like no kids under 13 when we are nearing 40 and we only plan on having two so its doable
    I'll be 21 when this one is born and we are aiming for #2 when Im 25 or so.

I always had a cut-off age for having kids. I had always said that if I hadn't had kids by my 38th birthday I was getting my tubes tied.

My mother was 43 when she had me. I always said that I'd never put my children through what I had to go through from, say, my mid teens. Having a mother 43 years older than you (and she was young for her age) was quite hard, when I was 16 and starting out with dating etc she was 59 and couldn't relate to the things I was going through. When I was of the age to go to uni, she had retired and couldn't partially support me (it is a bit hard to survive on austudy when you are only getting $30 per week). She was diagnosed with a blood condition when I was 19, one that put her on blood thinning tablets for the rest of her life, it also regularly put her in hospital, when she was released I had to move back in with her and help care for her. When she was diagnosed with cancer in 2002, I knew that her care would fall onto my shoulders, which it did.

I'm now 35 and about to start IVF, I still do not want to have kids past the age of 38, but then again I had decided I wasn't ever going to get married and the universe had a HUGE hand in changing *that* decision.

Fee Guest

I haven't really thought about this but I don't think I really need to. We're only 27 now so have plenty of time. And I don't think we'll have more than 2 children.

My aunt just had a baby on Wednesday (conceived naturally) at age 45!!!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast