Thread: BFP after 2 years!

Default BFP after 2 years!

Hi everyone

I am new to this area. I have just found out I am pregnant and am really excited but really worried!

I am 4 weeks pregnant after IVF and I have been getting cramping. The clinic said it will probably settle down after stopping the crinone. It has settled a lot but I am still getting cramping a bit. There is just so long to go now and so many hurdles. I have no information on what to do now so I have booked in with my GP tomorrow.

I never had to go through IVF, but if it makes you feel better, on my first pregnancy i cramped up to about 10 weeks (quite bad cramps too) and I've just finished cramping on this one.
    Hope that helps!!

Congratulations Lauz!
    I cramped quite a bit at 4-6 weeks, but it eased off. Seems to be normal.
    All the best for the next 8 months

Congratulations. I had a little cramping at around week 4-5 but all was OK in the scan at 6wks 6days. Wishing you a happy and healthy pregnancy.

Hi there,

I too am pregnant after ICSI, we had one transferred off our first cycle and a miracle occured and we are pregnant. Congratulations, isn't it the greatest feeling!?

We had been ttc for 2 years as well, this will be our second.

Kel x

Congrats!!
    I too had some cramping, got sent for a early u/s and found everything is normal. It is just your body re-adjusting to accomodate a baby. Also i dont know how true this is but at my u/s the sono told me the side you ovulate from is the side you get cramps on, mine was on the left, and i do get the occaional pain there to this day.
    Wishing you loads of stickyvibes!!

Thanks everyone, it makes me feel a little better. The problem I have had is that my last test was before christmas and nowhere is open until next week. I have been quite worried lately as aI have still had cramping (mild), severe bloating and a small amount of brown blood which is not always there . I think I am going crazy! My first ultrasound is Friday week (it couldn't come sooner).

Congratulations on your pregnancy Lauz!

Cramping is very normal in early pregnancy as your uterus is stretching and growing. Bloating is also a very normal early pg symptom and brown blood is old blood which is usually nothing to worry about. So try your hardest to relax and best of luck at your u/s next week!

Thanks Trish
    Kieran, is a little cuttie

Thanks, I think so too!

A big congrats to you!!