Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Has anyone had an oopsie baby after IVF?

If it is only 12 months between deliveries (which some think is fine) you are a few short weeks away from a *safe* time so the oopsie isn't a problem. The amount of time some of us take to get pregnant you just have to tempt fate to see what happens

Sarah, I wouldn't bother with it. We're not! We've been given about a 5% chance per cycle of a natural conception, so very unlikely.

That said, we'd be very happy if it happened so I don't see the point in trying to avoid it. I'm just not one of those lucky ones though I don't think!

And as Michelle said, you're heading into a safer time in relation to the c/s issue.

So I guess this means i'm having an 'oopsie' baby...cool...a very technical term!
    Never say never is our new moto! After 10 years from tracking, chlomid, ivf, icsi...and then giving up...we're having an Oopsie Bub...buy the condoms!!!

My Aunty and Uncle were on IVF for 3 years and eventually gave up trying as it was just so stressful in the end. A few months later they were pregnant. Once bub was born they didn't worry about contraception for the same reason as you and they were pregnant 9 months later. Again, didn't worry about contraception after bub 2 was born and a few months later bub 3 was on its way!! My Uncle then had the snip. So they had 3 girls in 3 years naturally after being on IVF for 3 years with no success!!

My advice would be to go on contraception til Juliette is at least 10 months old

My friend had IVF twins and then fell naturally when the twins were 3 months old. Her DH was given a low chance of concieving naturally too.

I guess if you really want to give yourself time to recover then going on bc would be a good idea for the short term. After that you can play with fate

oh yeah my DD is 8 months old and we are currently temping fate!!!!!

I have a friend who conceived her first bub by IVF, and then fell pg accidentally when her DS was two months!

My friend conceived her first baby through IVF due to male factor infertility. She was all booked to see her FS for a second baby after weaning and found she was pregnant already naturally.

I am taking precautions anyway, cause you just never know... but maybe in a few years i wouldnt cause then it wouldnt matter SO much if we got such a surprise..

i say just go for it i would love an oopsie baby and whats one more bundle of joy to had to the bunch

Not me, but
    1. one GF after 4 years fertility support, and IVF bub, then got UTD at 6months (the only time they DTD if she can be believed).
    2. Another GF whose first IVF bub at 40years, had an oopsie at 45years, after trying IVF again multiple times in between.
    3. Another couple who were on IVF for 7 years, had their DD via IVF, then got UTD naturally when she was 15mths
    4. Another couple (mum group mum), second bub conceived naturally after first IVF bub, at 8mths.

Wish it would happen to me, but then I would feel guilty about the snowbubs...want to try with them first THEN get an oopsie!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12