Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC Chatter #2

Ditto Keen! Sal, looking forward to hearing how it all went.

Hi there all you lovely ladies. I'd put up a website with my belly shots too but nobody wants to look at the stomach of someone who's had too many Tim Tams!

I do Mel...!! We could compete! Nah, you'll get your chance soon and you'll be posting belly pics every few days!

LOL at the Tim Tam tummy Mel.
    Sal, Good luck for the scan tomorrow. I am very excited for you - I can remember getting a tear in my eye when I saw that blob in there the first time.

Hey Everyone

Sal hope everything went well with your scan

As for me I am now completely freaking out, just went to the toilet and had tiny bit of spotting. It was brown and hard to tell how much as was mixed up with the pessary (sorry if TMI). I have another blood test booked for Friday so have to take it easy until then. I'm so nervous now.

Take care all

tiggy Guest

Sal, hoping all went well with the scan!

Amy, I think taking it easy sounds like a good plan, hope the spotting settles down.

Sal, waiting............. BTW just noticed, congrats on the member of the month. Well done!!!!

Sorry guys, been awol! Had my SIL's baby shower on the weekend, and still recovering! Hope everyone's doing well! I still can't believe I am here, not too many symptoms to report. Still sore bb's and nighttime nausea. The frequent urinating seems to be slowing a bit, which terrified me at first but it probably means nothing. I can't wait till my scan I think I will be happier when I see a flashing blob on the screen! Goodluck with your scan Sal! And congrats on MOTM, I'll have those tix off to you soon!

Hope everyone is doing well!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Sal Guest

Thanks girls! Well, I can report that I have a baby growing inside of me (I sound silly, but I seriously thought that I didn't have) The scan was amazing, I had no idea how weird it would feel to see a little bub up on the screen, when I don't feel anything much at all. Most importantly, my risk of Downs is 1:5287 which is a 20-fold decrease in my risk factor from the base (maternal age) - the best result you can get! Of course, you can get a better number, but you have to be younger for that

I now am coming to terms with the idea that I'll be having a baby in January! Quite surreal. And I have nearly hit the magic 12w mark (just one day off!). The baby was dated as 12w3d, so is pretty spot on with the earlier ultrasound.

Grrr Qld Xray, they don't give you printed piccies, so I'm going to have to put my xrays up against the window to take a pic so that I can post it...right-o, off to do that now.

Me, me me! This post is all about me, will promise to post personals asap!

Congrats again Sal !!!!

Sal Guest

Thanks Tam!

Amy, your spotting sounds like it's nothing bad (I've heard that pessaries can cause some spotting), but of course another BT result with skyrocketing numbers is what you need for reassurance!

OK, off to find my digital camera...

Thats great news Sal! Congratulations! WOOHOO!!!!!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Sal Guest

Thanks Cailin and Shannon! You were right - I had nothing to be worried about!

tiggy Guest

Hey Sal,

That is fantastic news!! Can't wait to see your babypics!

Sal Guest

Hi Tiff! Just uploaded it - so 'blobby' is on display now!!

How're you doing today?

Sal that is a great photo

Awwww *sniffles* Thats a great pic sal! How exciting!

*hugs*
    Cailin

Wow Sal, that picture is great. Hope it all feels real now and you have nothing to worry about. Congrats on Member of the month too.

Sal Guest

Thanks girls!

I owe the piccie quality to Christy, who suggested I put the xray up agains the white screen of the computer, then take a photo.

You know, it still doesn't feel quite real...I think I'll have to wait until a) I get a huge belly or b) I feel the baby move.

BTW no one warned me about how hard the sonographer can bash on your stomach with the u/s probe thing, to try to get the bub to move into a more 'amenable' position! It was a killer, especially with a full bladder!

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast