Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Default Pregnancy AFter Long Term TTC Chatter - May/June 2005

Welcome to the first thread for PALTTTC! If you'd like to be added to the list below, please leave your crucial details and the new moderator for this forum will add them Thanks ladies and congratulations...

Well, the new moderator is me (Sarah_H!), I've just edited Kelly's post to put everyone's details in

Forum Name:
    State:
    Due:
    Hospital:
    Ultrasound Dates:
    Gender of Baby: Boy / Girl / Surprise
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Boy - / Girl -
    Baby's Website:
    Time TTC:
    Number of previous pgs:
    Any assistance:
    Fertility Issues:

+ + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + + +

Forum Name: Belmarks
    State: NSW
    Due: 06 July 2005
    Hospital: Newcastle Private Hospital
    Ultrasound Dates: 09.11.04, 19.11.04, 23.12.04, 07.02.05, 11.05.05, 01.06.05
    Gender of Baby: SURPRISE!!
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Also a Surprise
    Baby's Website: www.marks.bigpondhosting.com
    Time TTC: 3.5 years (consciously trying - about 7-8 years unconsciously)
    Number of previous pgs: 3 biochemical pregnancies
    Any assistance: Clomid to start, then AIH, then IVF (6 cycles before conception) - Hunter IVF they are the way to go!!
    Fertility Issues: Polycystic Ovarian Syndrome (PCOS)

Forum name: Hayseed
    State: VIC
    Due: 16 July 2005
    Hospital: Frances Perry (if c-section)
    Ultrasound Dates: 08 June 2005
    Gender of Baby: going to be a surprise for us all
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: none....yet
    Baby's Website: www.babiesonline.com/babies/p/pup7
    Time TTC: 3 years
    Number of previous pgs: 6 (sheesh!)
    Any assistance: 3 IVF cycles (all failed), drug support (oestrogen, progesterone, aspirin) for this current pg
    Fertility Issues: Moderate endo, but largely one of those "unexplained infertility" patients

Name: BumbleBea (Gabby)
    State: NSW
    Due: 29 November, 2005
    Hospital: North Shore Private
    Ultrasounds: 6/40, 7/40, 12/40 and 19/40 on 5/7/05
    Gender of Baby: Will find out...TBA
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Yep, but am sworn to secrecy like Sal
    Baby's Website: see WWW link in my signature
    Time TTC: 2.5 years
    Any Assistance: IVF/ICSI (2 full stim cycles, this bubs is result of 1st FET cycle done naturally with Progesterone post transfer)
    Fertilitiy Issues: Nil - Undiagnosed infertility after 4 miscarriages

Name: Sal
    State: QLD
    Due: 19 January 06
    Hospital: No Idea! New to Brissy...
    Ultrasounds: @ 12 weeks
    Gender of Baby: Will find out...TBA
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Yep, but am sworn to secrecy
    Baby's Website:
    Time TTC: 3.5 years
    Any Assistance: Metformin only (prev clomid, plus IVF x 2)
    Fertilitiy Issues: PCOS, moderate Endo

Hmmm, somewhere for us chatterboxes to potter off to!!

Good idea Kelly!

Hopefully there will be a mass exodus from long term tcc onto this side!!

G'Day Sal, how is the study going???

Sal Guest

Hi Gab, well I got my last assignment finished yesterday, so am off to the post office to send it off - phew! that means only (!) 5 exams to go... but I figure that by the time they're over I'll be nearly 12 weeks, so I actually have something to look forward to rather than dread!

When is 'D' day for you (exam)?

10 days and counting Sal........

ARGGHGHHGHG (that is my desperate cry of frustration LOL....)

I just keep thinking if I just hold it together for another 10 days, pass, then I can play and enjoy this pg SO much more!!

Just really stressing out, because I think without meaning to this pg has had quite an impact on my preparation, just in terms of the tiredness, and nightly nausea and well, ??pg forgetful brain....

Well done on completing your assignment!! Good on you, and only 5 more things to go, then the 12wk mark.... excellent!! At least on the positive note, having those deadlines means that the time btwn now and then will fly and before you know it, you'll be into double figures!! AND Blobby will look just like Munchy!

Sal Guest

10 days, that is close! :luck: I'll be crossing everything for you that you get through it. Wow, could turn out be a huge 3-4 months of your life.

I'm coming over because I just got my bill. Okay, I know I'm way ahead of myself here but allow me a little latitude.

I don't want to miss the excitement of the newly up-duffed.

Make sure you put details of your appointments, etc, don't want to miss out on any details.

Hope everything is going well

Hay,

You can start the first "Motherhood after Long Term TTC thread". You will have many little buddies in there before much longer.

Hi Girls!!

Al Welcome, LOL!! And we'll fill in as much details as you want so you won't miss out on a thing....

Hay!! Yikes, it seems like yesterday you got your BFP and wow, only 7 weeks to go!! How is bubs?? Has s/he turned yet - seeing I read somewhere about some exercises you are doing to try and help s/he!!

Sal - how are you??

TamB - How is MS today??

Melbo - a bill?? For IVF - always hurts doesn't it?

Tam - How are things with you??

Don't know who our Mod is - not sure they have assigned one yet...

Take care,

Won't know if bub has turned until u/s next week. Highly unlikel;y though as Pup is in frank breech position (legs straight up) and is rapidly running out of room. I daresay that I will be in for a caesarian (sigh!).

Hayseed

Sal Guest

Hi Gab, yep I'm amazed at how time flies! It's weird, Hay announced her pg on the day that I got my first IVF BFN, so seeing Hay's pg progress was like a permanent reminder of what could have been (for me). Ah, nothing like falling pg to get rid of any painful feelings, huh?!

Well, no symptoms for me, nada. But now I am cognitively reappraising per Gross' Theory of Emotion Regulation (sorry, what a nerd am I, but my study is starting to permeate my daily thoughts!).

BTW is it just me, or does everyone else hate the new look to the forum? It's giving me a headache (eye-strain for viewing white characters on dark backgrounds of varying shades - which is such a BAD thing ergonomically). Grrrr hope it changes back else I'll have to severly restrict my time in BB.

Sal Guest

Whoops, Hay, I posted at the same time! I hope pup turns around...are you prepared for a caesar? BTW didn't realise I had the same ticker as you! Also, how come I can see url// writing in your signature block?

Hi Girls!!

Sal - yep, I am finding the colours a bit hard to read also... It looks great, but the purple is a very strong colour... Oh no, don't restrict your time... I would miss you....

Now, what is that theory... is that the one that is making me overly emotional about my upcoming exam?? Or the one that is making me stress that maybe Munchy is not all right in there and that maybe I should go a pee on a stick... or is it the one that made me cry out of control that hubby was half hour late from the pub... (really not me...)

Hay - I am sorry to hear that Bubs is not turning, and double sorry if you need to have a caesar.... If caesar is the way to go, when are they thinking of doing it??

Ahhhhh, only 6 days till the start of the dreaded exam..... I wanna cry, cry a lot.... not sure that is gonna help me though....

Sal Guest

Haha Gab! The theory is the one that you realise that munchy is doing just fine and so there is no reason to fear anything going wrong, rather than worrying about the 'what ifs', it's the one where you think of how well-prepared you are for your exam and thus feel calm (rather than worrying about how you might go), it's the one....nup, can't defend your DH for getting home late from the pub!!

Ahhhh, OK then.....

In defence of my darling hubby, he hardly ever does that, and well, he got so worried that I got emotional/crying on him, that he jogged all the way home, ahhhh, love him to bits!!

Anyone ever tell you that theories are great but........ they don't always hold true!!

(she says whilst sadly returning to her anatomy book.....)

Gab - yes, that was an IVF bill. I felt a bit faint after paying it but you gotta do what you gotta do.

You sound like me with the crying. If I start that DH knows it's serious because it is something I NEVER do (not that I let him see). I've never been one who can force a cry ... usually they spontaneously erupt when I least expect them and I embarrass the crap out of myself (because I like to think I'm tough).

Sal - I will have a chat to my sister and get back to you ASAP with the info you need. I'm hoping she'll be a fount of knowledge considering her nursing/drug-repping/child-birthing experiences in the Brisbane area.

Hay - It would be great if Pup surprises you by turning at the last minute but I'm sure you'll make the best of any birth situation. You are probably just looking forward to seeing Pup's perfect little face after all this time.

I've been two days on the pill now (start of down reg) and already, I'm having the fake pg symptoms I always used to get when starting on it (big boobies and a bit queasy). It's good though because I feel like I'm doing something.

Now if I can just get a bun in this bloody oven and come over here and join the thread properly.

Hoping you're all doing well.

Grrr, just lost a long post. God I hate that!

Briefly,

Sal, changed my ticker bceasue couldn't see it on the purple background, was the same as yours, changed it again, and now old site has returned. Oh well.

Gab, will be disappointed if have to go for c-section, but at the end fo the day, I just want a healthy safe baby. Also, have accepted that vaginal deliveries pay for it during labour and delivery; c-section patients pay for it in the 6 weeks after, recovering from major surgery! No-one gets off lightly!!

If I go for c-section, it will be done in week 38 which begins July 2nd.

Off to Melb today for a couple of days to do my big baby shop. I have nothing yet (leaving it to the last minute!). Also have not even ventured into room I am using for nursery. So much to do over the next few weeks and less energy to do it with !! LOL.

I know I said muchmuch more in other post, but that is the snapshot.

Hayseed

Sal Guest

wow Hay, you like to keep yourself busy, huh?! So you just complete your thesis and now you are 33w with no bubby stuff and no nursery ready!! Please give us all the gory details about what you buy, I am absolutely clueless (I think a defensive mechanism whilst TTC so haven't learnt a thing from my sister who has three kids).

I'm like you, I wouldn't want a c-section, but if pup doesn't turn then yours will be one where you didn't have to make the decision really (not sure if I'm making sense, but I think it would be worse if the options were given to me and I had to decide, then I'd feel bad).

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast