Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - Feb 2007

~Jane~ Guest

Danni you sound like my sister, she is telling me DO IT DO IT, I was just thinking I have had so little annual leave, I have been taking it for IVF and laps etc rather than having a break, so yeah I am doing the right thing. I have been budgeting like mad too so we'll be fine, I think I am a constant worrier LOL

then you will definitely enjoy being home doing nothing

Hey guys

Yeah...I have my 19 week scan next Monday...can't wait!!!

We won't be finding out the sex...but just to see him/her again will be great!

Re. maternity leave...I'm starting to think about this too...

I work in my own private practice...it's sort of like my 1st baby in a way...so I feel funny about taking leave from it...sounds weird, but I'm worried that I won't be nurturing it enough!

I plan to take maternity leave at about 34 weeks...I too feel pressure (from myself!) to keep on going til I drop...

I saw my friend do this though (working right through to the end)...and the thing I did notice is that emotionally, she was just not ready for the baby...

I don't want that to happen...especially after waiting so long for this!

I worked until 39 weeks because I am self-employed and although I had planned to try and stop working just after Christmas (around 32 weeks) I didn't get things finished and more work came in. It was so hard to keep working after 34 weeks. It was physically exhausting, mentally difficult and emotionally draining as I just wanted to be thinking and preparing for Hester's arrival.

So my advice - if you can take mat leave from 34 weeks - go for it! And enjoy every minute of it. Rest heaps, read books and take time for yourselves. You deserve it. Don't listen to what anyone else says.

i agree with the emotional side of things Monnie. I have had so much time to sit here in my home relaxing, and imagining bub being here and planning his arrival into our home. Its hard to explain but yes im definitely emotionally prepared after having time to myself.

~Jane~ Guest

It's funny, for some reason I was all stressed about it last night feeling like I had something to prove, I don't know if it's to myself or everyone else. I thought I should soldier on and work a bit longer and then this morning I just about fainted on the train from the overcrowding (I can rarely get a seat) so I am convinced now I am not doing the wrong thing and am looking forward to rest. I think with work even though I am on my feet a bit it is very mentally taxing which is also really tiring.

Kar I can understand being self employed though, it would be hard to let go (we used to have our own business and you can never get away from it can you)

If I am ever pregnant again - I'm going to be better organised so I can take more time off first....

Of course you will be pregnant again Kar

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

I was booked to go on mat leave at 34 weeks, but fandangled days in lieu, overtime, flexitime and annual leave I would have accrued during paid mat leave to leave at 32 weeks, and I'm sooo glad I did. I was initially a little bored, but physically I don't think I could have gone on much longer. Considering I sit on my backside all day at work, it wasn't taxing there, but the early mornings, the getting there and the getting home took so much out of me.

I too felt guilty about leaving so early. But once I was outta there, I forgot all about work!

~Jane~ Guest

I just had the funniest thing happen and thought you girls would have a laugh. I was up in the staff room about to get my lunch out of the fridge and was talking to some collegues about drinking in pregnancy (which I don't do) and somehow we got on the topic of the process of conception. One of the girls said doesn't it take 24 hours for the sperm to swim up to the egg and the other one said, just because she's pregnant doesn't mean she knows exactly how it happened.

LOL I was thinking of how DH saw the egg on the screen how we know the exact time I "ovulated" and even what it looked like when they were just five cells. I laughed and said don't worry I know exactly how it happened.

It reminds me of when we announced my friend tried to work out when we conveived and argued with me about when it would have happened, and she knew we did IVF LOL

Oh Jane, know exactly how u feel there, I had sinisitis 2wks ago (with ear infections & fever) & had to take 2 days off work, it was very hard trying to look after Holly too, as she had ear infections, slight fever & persistant cough. Feeling much better after antibiotics. Wow u must have really suffered too, as u had it for a while didn't u?
    Do whatever feels right to u with mat lve, listen to ur body (not everyone else), sounds like ur body will thank u for going early. Can't believe u have to stand on the train sometimes, have u seen that add where the heavily preggy woman rubs her belly on the young fellow sittin on the bus but he doesn't move so she hits him with something repeatedly til he moves, hehe.
    I planned on leaving around 36-38wks, but after 37wks I'd had enuf & my fluid build up was 1 of the main reasons I left then. But turned out Holly came 2wks early, so only ended up with 1wk off, I kinda do wish i had an extra wk off though. I did find it hard in the 1st 3wks with baby blues, crying while trying to feed with cracked/sore/bleeding nipples & comforting a bub who would cry frequently betw 8pm-2am, so that's what made it hard for me, maybe if i had had more time to relax i might've handled it better, who knows.

Ooh how exciting Monnie, Mon won't come quick enuf for u.

Kar, ur gonna have to chng ur av, Hester is a cutie.

Hi all,

Just wanted to come & introduce myself although I do know a few of you!

Danni - I remember you from 6months ttc thread which seems like a lifetime ago & here you are with not much time left to have your bubba.

Had my pg confirmed with second b/t today (4.5wks) with a level of 636 which I'm told is good but I have no idea!

Oh my god I can't believe I'm finally here, still very hard to believe but very much looking forward to getting to know everyone.

Funny about 2 days before I found out I was pg I did a ttc journel, it is the shortest one in history & now I'm here with all you special ladies.

It's been a long road to get here like all of you can relate to but now that I am pg it's a little scary, so worried about something going wrong!

I was told today that I need to book my first u/s for 3 weeks time, is this early?
    I'm not sure why but it just sounds early.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

congratulations Jo - that HCG level is fantastic -are you sure there is just one ?

YOu might get a surprise in 3 weeks ...

welcome Jo, how exciting!!!

You don't "need" a scan at 7 weeks but why not!! It shows you the bub and h'b and eases your worries a bit

Welcome Jo - It's about time there was a new recruit! Yay! And the 7 weeks scan will ease your mind and get you halfway to the 12-13 week one. You may find the first bit of your pregnancy the longest weeks of your life. But hopefully not and you'll have good company from the girls in here.

Trish - are you kidding me?
    My levels the day before my expected af were 120 & because they are supposed to double every two days I was expecting around 400 - 500 today so I was a little surprised when they were 636.

That's certainly something to think about, I know that's something that can happen on chlomid but I was only on half a tablet of chlomid so I wouldn't expect a double surprise especially when we couldn't even fertilize one egg after 21 months lol.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005

Hey Jo

Great to see you here!

I had my first scan at 6 weeks...and have had scans (at the Ob) every 4 weeks since...

The first scan was amazing...it was just a little blob...but there was this little flashing light...the heart beat...so so special!!!

I was really nervous in the beginning of my pregnancy too...I think it is so normal after TTC-ing for so long...

I'm sure all will be fine...

So thrilled for you!

Hey all,

Monnie - I think it will be a relief to have an early one to after taking such a long time, still a little hard to believe.
    I am actually booked in for 4 weeks as they were too busy so I guess if there was a prob. they would be getting me in quicker.
    The lady said it was to confirm pg, huh?

Well went back to work today after having 2 weeks holidays & boy am I tired.
    It was very hard to keep my little secret, lol.

Hope everyone is well.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast