Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC - September 2005 #2

Tiff OMG, that is terrible.

Sush YAy on a great scan and on DH's pay rise

Jo, good luck for today's scan

Sal Guest

Hi girls!

Well a quick post from me, must crack on with another assignment.

Tiff, glad to hear you're still hanging in there, but OMG at the woman's comments...anyone who can openly pass judgement like that is obviously ignorant and most likely uneducated. I think it's best to actually feel sorry for them, rather than be too indignant about what they said. Yay at you getting your bus, must be great to know that you can ferry the whole brood around all at the one time. Hope your spotting has stopped, when is your next check up?

Gab, great to hear from you, what an amazing effort to work all those hours. You really deserve to just put your feet up once you finish up. Ooh, how can you avoid having a big (long) bub what with your and DH's height?!? A friend of mine is 6'2" and her DH 6'7" and when I went and visited her after the birth I swear her baby looked like he was 3 months old already! Frightening! But I guess you have a long torso to fit a big bub! Now if a shorty like me had a big bub I'd probably tear in half!

Sush on great scan and NT results. And yippee for your DH to get a promo too!

Hi to all, a special good luck to Keen for tomorrow and Jo for today's scan (if my preg-brain remembers this right), will get on with my assignment now *sigh*

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Good luck Jo for your scan today!

Gab, it's so good to see you back. I cannot imagine working for as long as you have, am talking to DH about maybe going to 30 weeks at the most. But yay for making it, and yay for only having 9 days to go! Can't wait until you post more belly shots for us to have a gander at!

Tiff, I cannot believe how rude people can be. Honestly, why do people think that they can mouth off on your circumstances without knowing you or anything about you?

Hello everyone else!

love
    sushee

Good luck Jo for your scan today!

Gab, it's so good to see you back. I cannot imagine working for as long as you have, am talking to DH about maybe going to 30 weeks at the most. But yay for making it, and yay for only having 9 days to go! Can't wait until you post more belly shots for us to have a gander at!

Tiff, I cannot believe how rude people can be. Honestly, why do people think that they can mouth off on your circumstances without knowing you or anything about you?

Hello everyone else!

love
    sushee

Sush, yay, great scan. Wow at the pay rise, what a bonus, hehe.

Jo, good luck, hope u can decide whether or not u want to find out the genders.

Tiff, OMG, some people are just soooo rude, judgemental & fail to find out the facts regardless of it being NONE of their business. Yay on finding a bus to fit everyone in. There are 3 of us kids on my dad's & on my step mum's side, so that'd make us a family of 8, hehe.

Gab, see your still hanging in there, not long to go now on both counts.

Debbie Lee Guest

Just popping in to say YAY for almost finishing work, Gabby. And OMG @ how long you were as a baby! I will have to pop in and keep an eye on how you are going because your DD is so close now! How exciting!!

Ok... popping back out now

Tiff -OMG! How bloody rude. Whats it to her how many children you have or don;t have? OMG I cannot believe that people made those comments to you. Who gives them the bloody right to dictate how many children that someone has or doesn't have, as long as they appear to be looked after who cares? Next shopping day, borrow a few more hehehe!

Thanks for all the good luck vibes for today, it all worked because everything is still fine. Both placentas have joined up to become one now and most of it is anterior which might explain why I have not felt much movement???? Can someone tell me if this is true or not? The sonographer said it wouldn't make any difference, but I reckon it would. She was afraid that some of it was over the cervix, so she sent me to empty my bladder and it was ok when she rescanned, must have been a contraction??? I dunno??? This twin thing is all too confusing.

Neithor twin was very co-operative today, they were bouncing all over the place, I was lying on my back for 2 hours, I think all my joints froze up! Anyway for the news that you have all been waiting for......I made my mind up at the very-last-minute, and only because DH really wanted to know this time and last time and I got my own way last time, so I gave in lol!

Anyway she was 99.9% sure that twin A is a little boy! Thats great I l-u-r-ve boys lol!

But she was only roughly 80% sure that twin B was going to be a little girl!

So the jury is still out on this one!! As per usual i went out and brought more baby malarky stuff to celebrate a good result, only brought a couple of pink things as they may have to go back lol!

tiggy Guest

YAY Jo!!!!
    So glad to hear that the scan went so well and YAY another little pigeon pair!!!!! (we think). Now you will have to start choosing names!!! OMG that is so exciting!!!!!

Hello Lovelies,

I've been MIA again but for work this time, not sickness. I've missed so much activity in here. Just have a few things to get out of the way and then I can come back in and start posting again like my usual internet-addicted self.

Tiff - love those names. I can't believe your due date is coming up so fast. It's exciting and probably a bit nerve-wracking for you too but it sounds like you are in good hands and you're an experienced Mum and midwife too so you know the drill. The pictures of the twins are great ... they look fantastic. Hope everything keeps going smoothly for you.

Gab - Getting exciting for you too now. I imagine you feel like you've been pregnant forever but it feels like the blink of an eye to me. Can't wait for the good news from you next month. Wow, you and DH are tall ... I'm envious! When I was younger, I was so much taller than everyone else they thought I would be a six-footer too but at 14, I stopped at 5ft 7in and there I've stayed! It must be great to have finished work now and have some time to yourself before the big day.

Sush - great news on the scans but pooh on the ultrasound man for thinking 35 is old! He needs to look around more I think ... stacks of pregnant women over 35 these days! Hope your morning sickness has eased up too.

Jo - wonderful news about your twins ... it's all sounding good. I guess boys are much easier to spot than girls on ultrasound. It will be exciting come delivery day when you finally find out who is in there.

Hi to everyone else and I hope you are well. I hope that I will soon be able to come back in here and chat like normal so I can catch up with everything.

Just on the morning sickness front ... I've had one whole week without it and even the tiredness seems to be improving. Hopefully that is it for now. I went to personnel this week to discuss mat leave and I'm going on 21 February. Phew ... once Christmas comes, that will be no time at all.

I think the reality of this pg thing is finally sinking in. I appear to have been in denial. Were it not for feeling like I have a bowl of jelly in my abdomen, I might still think it wasn't real. It's funny but even when I had the ultrasounds, I was pleased to see that things looked well but I still felt some detachment from the whole thing. It is not how I imagined I would feel and it's a bit disconcerting. I'm wondering how much of it is due to what went on before ... I'm guessing quite a lot.

Anyway, it's good to see things going well for everyone and I'll catch up with you all again in about a week or so. Look after those little beans.

Love,

Mel

Yay on the u/sound results Jo. Cool, 3 pidgeon pairs (well maybe). Congrats. Amy, looks like ur up next... :-)

Good to see u again Mel, hope that m/s stays away for good now.

Sal Guest

Jo, yay on your great scan! Hehehe at buckling to hubby's wishes to find out sexes. How amazing to have three pigeon pairs of twins in this thread!!

Mel, glad to see you're up and about now and that m/s has departed.

Will chat later, lunch is calling!!

Jo yay another pigeon pair (well pretty sure).

Good luck for everyone and their upcoming scans

Jo.

excellent news about the scan. I'm sure that pigeon pair or not, you're happy with the result! Congratulations on everything going along swmmingly!

As for me, nothing much to report. Am still a little upset about Keen's news, have been a little down all weekend about it. But on the upside, am now sure that what I've been feeling is movement, with the little'un most active after I've had some full strength coke (norty I know, I can't stand the diet stuff now), if I bend over too much and squish it (like when I'm trying to put on my shoes) or in the evening when I'm lying down. Am excited about it all, but of course now get paranoid if I don't feel him/her for a few hours.

Aside from that no news is good news, with my obgyn saying all my test results came back completely normal and I won't need to see him again until the 19th week, where they will check my urine again for sugar. And this is only because my sister had gestational diabetes with her last child, and my mum has type 2 diabetes. I've never had it myself, with all previous three pgs, but they thought they better check just to be sure. I figure I've got two more weeks, then will have to lay off the cokes!

Mel, good to see you back. The m/s is all but a memory for me, thank god. Glad to hear it's becoming less of a concern for you too. I totally understand about how 'detached' you can be from pregnancy, I don't think a few squiggly lines on an u/s helps you connect with a baby you cannot yet visualise. I think it's natural for your thoughts not to turn inwards towards baby until later in your pregnancy, so please don't expect too much of yourself, you're doing great, I'm sure, and will be a great, adoring mum.

Everyone else, hello! At work and posting, which is norty norty norty. Will catch up more later.

love
    sushee

I know what you mean about the movement Sush - I just had about 2 or 3 days where the baby seemed to be quieter which of course freaked me out a bit, however today it's been back to it's old tricks and doing an irish jig in there! I'm wondering if it was because DH was away and now he's back the baby knows and the movement is more frequent????

Mel - Great to hear from you and to hear the m/s is gone hopefully.

Jo - Aewsome news on the scan and wow maybe one of each?? That is so cool!

Shell - yep I'm up tomorrow, can't wait!!!

Sush - I am also very upset for Keen and have been thinking of her lots, she is always so positive and supportive. Hope to see her back in here soon.

Take care everyone xxx

Hi Girls,

Hope all is well!

4 days of work left and counting!!

Then you are all in trouble - won't be able to get rid of me!!

Have to run again,

Belly rubs!

Sal Guest

Hi Gab! Hehehe we'll get rid of you soon enough...seeing as you're ALREADY 33w along! How amazing, it really does seem like just last week that you announced you were pg.

Just locking this thread girls and creating a new one.

Love

Page 9 of 9 FirstFirst ... 789