Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ April 2006

Hi everyone, good to see you popping in Shell.

Just a quickie from me - DS is demanding my attention. Just got back from OB and I have to do a 2 hour GTT next week. Not sure what I'm going to do with DS :-k . I'm not expecting a bad result.

I also had my swab and after coughing my OB gave me a stern talking to about pelvic floor exercises. I know I've been very slack in this dept and have been conveniently avoiding the whole issue. But he's told me I have moderate incompetancy (sp?). So LISTEN to your Dr girls. Now I'll probably end up one of those smelly old ladies buying pads all the time. I'm clenching as I type Lol!

He double checked between the legs and I have a definate yes in the girly bits. So yay - now I can go and buy some cute clothes!

Hey guys!

Well I had to change my appointment for the BIG u/s:

This Sat 6th May at 10:30am!

So glad hubby will be able to make it as he has the w/end off but Im not sure he deserves it. He's back to his old foul mood ways and we had a huge row last night. What started it? Spaghetti sauce, yep thats right I wanted spaghetti (its a fave of mine and I try to have it once a fortnight, plus its easy to make) and he didnt. So he skitzed it and I told him when HE cooks dinner, HE can make the decisions on what we eat. Its all sorted now but he really does have to learn, I make whats easiest and fastest on the nights we both work late. I dont have the energy or the money to gourmet cook right now and no point getting used to it only to have bub come and it all stops again.
    Im feeling tons of movement, this baby is an octopus Im sure! I didnt think I'd feel so much at 18wks being its my first but I guess Im lucky!
    Anyway I need to vacuum before work so I'll check back in later

Sorry this is a ME post..... \/
    Just returned to work after an ob appt, bubs is right size, fluid in utero feels normal, heard heart beat on doppler, all is great. Roll on next Tues' scan I say - woohoo \/

Sheree, that is fantastic! I've been away for so long that I never even knew that you were a la natural \/ Thats really fantastic and must give great hopes to others, well done chookie.

Everyone else take care of your little bundles.

Shell, lansinol is fan-tas-tic for bf boobs, grab some at the chemist.

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

that is great news Sheree - you sound very excited =D>

GL for Saturday Anna ....

hi Shell & Jo -thanks for sharing the tit tips

I'm so emotional today, happy tears well each time I look at my bubby tummy. DH and I are hoping that this pg will become "real" IYKWIM when we find out the gender next week. All this is so surreal, after all our efforts here I am that bl**dy urban myth. If during IVF/TTC anyone told me about the couples who do IVF take a break/give up and fall pg, I could have slapped them LOL. Truly, with my infertility this pg had the odds similar to winning Lotto!

Thanks and hi to Jo.
    Hi Trish and ladies how are you all this fine autumn afternoon.

Hi everyone just popping in to say :happy4u: Magic!! Roll on next week all right I have my scan on Mon!!

Love and hugs to all!!

Had my 18.5wk appointment with the OB today. Got in and out quickly which was good. BP is fine, gained a kilo finally (all baby OB reassures me lol), fundal height measuring 19wks, he wants to postpone my u/s another week or so :fuming:
    Had a quick squiz at bubs on his u/s machine..............................
    After poking and prodding and pleading and a wrong guess we finally know what bubs REALLY is........................
    ...................A LITTLE BOY!
    At first bub wouldnt uncross his legs and he couldnt see anything so he said "uhoh looks like it might be a little girl". I was like "Oh no how am I going to tell Dh?" lol then baby shifted and we saw a scrotum and penis He's 95% sure which is good enough for me. Even got it on video so Dh can check it out later!

Yaye Humphrey on your confirmation you are definitely expecting a pink bundle and to Anna on your expecting a blue one! Now we all anxiously await the news of Sheree's little wonder and the 'bits' he/she has....

Congrats Anna on your little boy!!!!!!!!

I can't wait to hear how you go Sheree. I love your miracle story. You could write a book on your conception journey! That could be a good way to recoup some of that darn IVF money and HPT's Lol!!

I posted something today but it is missing now...
    I wanted to say remember how we were talking about having a 'trim' before birth - well Kelly has already written a very good article on it it is in Belly articles if anyone is interested
    Last edited by Baby~amore`; May 5th, 2006 at 10:08 PM.

Wink

I did see that post Trish and read the article it was great... Still no decision???

still got a bit of time to research and think about it ... a few anonymous calls to be made

skyelar Guest

Hello everyone!

Hope you are all well & enjoying your weekend.
    Congrats Anna on your little boy & Justine on your baby girl
    A few more of us have scans this week! Can't wait to hear what you are having Sheree & to see if Shez has one or two bundles in there.

I have been really emotional as well Sheree...went to DJ's today & was looking at the baby clothes & saw an outfit that had 'wish come true' embroided on the front...teared up straight away. Also I went to watch one of the boys in my class play football today & a lady next to me had a newborn that was crying, I felt that drawing pain in my BB's & felt them leak a bit!!!

Have a great weekend!

Hey everyone hope this saturday night is treating u well. I am at work.. Counting down til Monday.. Any bets on 1 or 2???

I just hope it is whatever you want

Thanks Trish all I'm aiming for is being on track with something there!!

spreckemily Guest

Red face Introduction

Hi Everybody!
    I just wanted to introduce myself. My name is Rebecca and after being on Depo for 9 months My husband and I tried for 2 1/2 years to have a baby (naturally). We gave up as we are on a low income and could not afford any IVF etc... I started watching my diet and exercising and was determined to get to my pre pregnancy weight of 6 years ago. I lost 5 kilos and gained a foetus!!! It was the biggest shock!!! We have discovered we are having a boy. I just want to say good luck to the girls out there trying to conceive. Think positive!!!

Page 8 of 11 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast