Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after Long Term TTC ~ August 2005

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Mel,

excellent about seeing little Apple's heartbeat and knowing that everything is going to plan. I think that first scan must be the most exciting!

And don't worry about DH too much. Even my DH says he would't want to go back for our last blast, that this is it. Me, I figure I've got the patience to wait him out.

Shell, hope you're feeling a little less bruised.

I went for my 3rd BT today and will get my results at 2pm. They're checking my P4 levels as my tummy is still 3-months-pg big and they're going to do the HCG while they're at it. Would be nice to know that my levels are rising in a textbook fashion.

I'm dead tired too, and pretty much fall asleep at about 7pm after dinner, only to wake at 10pm, 3am and 6am to go to the loo. All strangely thrilling for me!

I want to thank all of you again for making me feel so welcome in this thread. Having inhabited the LT TTC thread for so long, I'm finding that I feel a little in limbo and a little bit disoriented still, and am finding myself lurking more than posting. But it is exciting to be here, I just need to let it sink in for a while!

love
    sushee

Sush - we understand how you feel, it still must seem so surreal for you. It is still such a thrill for ME to see you in here so can only imagine how you feel! Good Luck for the BT results.

Shell - Poo on the tumble, it must have scary for you. Hope you're feeling better.

Mel - Yay on the scan! Take care and get as much sleep as you can!

Sal - Arggh to Telstra, look forward to the 1st of Sep so we can have you on board properly again!

TamB & Tiff - Hope your both well!

Amy I am doing well as are the twins. Still waiting on my next scan though. WOW look at you flying by. Almost at 12 weeks, YAY

tiggy Guest

Amy, Thanks for asking.

We are all good here just having a few problems with antenatal care but otherwise, all is well, as far as I know.

Just waiting waiting waiting for the morph scan, just like Tam! Still another month to go for me!

tiggy Guest

Amy, Thanks for asking.

We are all good here just having a few problems with antenatal care but otherwise, all is well, as far as I know.

Just waiting waiting waiting for the morph scan, just like Tam! Still another month to go for me!

Hi Girls!!

I am back from the coutry visit!! Tiled a 40m balcony for my sister and brother in law, and am completely stuffed. Probably not a good thing to be doing at 6+ m pregnant!! Good for the old pelvic exercises though!

Sush - YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! CAN I SAY THE HUGEST CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU?? Seeing you here, finally, after all the trauma of TCCing is just the best. Well Done! Fingers crossed for a great beta/prog result today!!

Sal - only 5 or so days to go!! Cannot wait to see how your little one is going!

I am so glad that you are all finding out the sex of your littleis (sp??) - I think it is so exciting to know!!

I have to run away for a bit, but promise to be a round a little more from now on. I am feeling very deprived without BB!!

Take care,

Hi Girls!!

I am back from the coutry visit!! Tiled a 40m balcony for my sister and brother in law, and am completely stuffed. Probably not a good thing to be doing at 6+ m pregnant!! Good for the old pelvic exercises though!

Sush - YAYAYAYAYAYAYAYAY!!!! CAN I SAY THE HUGEST CONGRATULATIONS TO YOU?? Seeing you here, finally, after all the trauma of TCCing is just the best. Well Done! Fingers crossed for a great beta/prog result today!!

Sal - only 5 or so days to go!! Cannot wait to see how your little one is going!

I am so glad that you are all finding out the sex of your littleis (sp??) - I think it is so exciting to know!!

I have to run away for a bit, but promise to be a round a little more from now on. I am feeling very deprived without BB!!

Take care,

Yay Gaby - So good to have you back! OMG at doing all that tiling! You truly are a woman of many talents!

Tiff & Tam - Glad to hear you're both well. I find it hard to believe (and a huge relief) that I am almost 12 weeks, the first trimester has gone slow and fast IYKWIM.

Talk later!

Awesome news Mel, so glad u were able to c apple for the first time & to know everythings going just fine. Shame about the lack of recording facilities though, you'd think all hospitals & u/s clinics would have these facilities by now.

Gees Amy, hard to believe your nearly 12wks already, feels like it's flown by to me, but can imagine it would've felt like forever for u.

Sushee, hope those P4 levels co-operate.

So Tiff, Tam & Jo, how ur not feelin too uncomfortable, having 2 in there.

Tiff, d'yu know if HunterIVF has recording facilities for u/s please, eg: DVD/CD/video? Only 2wks & 1 day til my first & I just can't wait & less than 1wk for Sal's next scan.

Wow Gabby, u just keep amazing me @ what u get up to being pg. I was telling my mum about u last wkend & she too mentioned she was doin alot when she was preg with my bro & then me. She was a nurse doing 12hr shifts, 7 on, 7 off & alternating from day to night shift. She said for example, she'd have to leave at 4am to get to work by 6am for a 6:30am start, then didn't get home until around 8:30am, then had to cook dinner & when she was pg with me, she also had to pick up my bro, change his nappy, feed him, bath him & put him to bed. Dad was an apprentice so was only earning $25/wk & she was earning $54/wk. She said there was no such thing as maternity leave back then, so had 2wks holidays after the births & then back to work again. Nan & Aunty used to take turns looking after us.

Yep, got some nice bruises now, none on my tum though, & feelin like ive been doin 100 pushups & situps daily, gees i really feel silly bout that spill, oh well I'll have to be more careful.

Shell - My Mum and Dad were on a farm when she was pg with me. So she was milking cows, feeding calves and pigs etc.. She said she used to take the food scraps out to the pigs, feed them, lean over the fence and throw up and then keep going!! They were milking cows twice a day too! AND she had my brother who was FULL ON to say the least when he was little!

Hmmm, mot sure that I have anything to complain about as I sit at a desk most of the time!!

Right there with u on that one Amy, I sit at a desk from 8am til 5pm... hehehe.

Sal Guest

Hi girls, just a naughty quicky post from me (from home, so the internet bill is mounting!).

Mel, huge congrats on seeing Apple, what a relief for you.

Hi to all, Gab you certainly keep yourself very busy! I feel like such a blob in comparison (have been so slack and haven't been doing any exercise at all).

All I can say about the doppler is that is is the best thing since sliced bread! I hear blobby morning and night and am starting to notice the bulge in my tummy (it is a bit lop-sided, blobby is leaning over to my right side) but am not showing as such and haven't got into any mat gear yet. But am feeling so fat, can hardly get into my normal clothes, and the bra I bought a week and half ago is getting too small (grrrr). Oh I just cannot wait until Monday morning, I bet I don't even sleep properly Sunday night in anticipation! I still think I'm having a boy, I think having a heartbeat <150bpm is the old wives' tale indicator for a boy, so all signs pointing that way.

Sorry can't do more personals, am so frustrated with the internet issue (though must reluctantly admit my study patterns have become much more disciplined as a result of being mostly internet-less).

Hello girls,

quick sneaky post from work outside of lunch hours (norty!)

HCG 2977
    P4 1000 (still high-ish but Dr is very very happy with my results in general)

Wooooohooooo!

Another BT in a week for P4 and they will book me in for my scan then!

love
    sushee

Great Sush, hey, we may end up with scans on the same day, especially since our due dates are very close... :-)

Fantastic results on your beta and progesterone Sush!! Well done - sounds like a sticky baby or ?two ????

Speak soon - am cooking dinner for guests.... so gotta run!

Mel - Yayyyyyy! Doesn't it feel wonderful to see a blob there on the screen! I'm so very glad that everything is going well.

Sush - Another yayyyyyyy for your results too! How many did you transfer again??

Shell - Hope you are feeling better today?

Amy, Tam, Gab, Tiff hope you are all well.

Oi cat came through his little operation all ok. He was not very pleased about it all, I must say, now all I have to stress about is the scan on Friday.

Jo,

so glad that Oi came through ok. He may be unhappy but that's a small price to pay. Good luck for your upcoming scan, not that you'll need it!

Shell, yeah, the clinic says it's normal for them to do weekly BTs until the scan, but the good news is that my Dr says he wants me to make that first OBGYN appt now, so that must be good. Hopefully my scan will around the same time as yours!

The nurse told me my numbers are right on track for s singleton, but they never know for sure until the scan, but yes, I had two transferred. I don't know about twins, as one of my blasts only had one pronucleus, and the embryologist rated it's chance of success as fairly low.

But of course, until the scan, nothing is certain. So being (happily) worried until then. I'm sure you all know how that feels!

love
    sushee

Guys I am just so tickled pink to see you all in here and to hear that everything is going along so well for you all - cant wait to see piccies!!

Page 8 of 10 FirstFirst ... 678910 LastLast