Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ June 2006 #2

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

Tiff - I am not sure - the OB asked kind of the same question and said if I didn't know I'm probably not IYKWIM .

We got the rocker recliner chair home ... in case we have to order ours plus when Mum comes to stay she will have her chair. MY mum is just the best.It was my Dad's so it is kind of special and I have his blanket too. When he was sick with leukemia he was always so cold so he was rugged in this huge double thickness polar fleece blanket a friend made him. We've had it here for a while and I love it -so cosy.

I had this dream last night about my waters breaking and mucous plug - it was a huge hard chunk like silicon and then waters flooded bathroom ... so real I woke up checking Got me paranoid now.

MY belly is weirdly lopsided ... got me worried the right side is T1 (2.7kg) is smaller and left side T2 (2kg) - is much bigger in comparison.T1 has lower amniotic fluid levels (lower range of normal though). Both bubs still moving.

Everyone was having a good feel of my belly today LOL.

tiggy Guest

Trish - have been taking my phone to bed with me every night for the last week. lol!
    This morning, woke with it stuck to my face!
    Am so excited for you, dear friend!

Tiff - I have the number in the phone
    Kelly from BB wrote in another thread something to the effect - it doesn't happen like in the movies - so I keep telling myself that

I have most of the gear to pack in my hospital bag now ... got new pj's one with button top and other with wrap around top and T -singlet.Washed all my new nana knickers and got the super soakers - reckon nappies would be cheaper . There is a printed list for DH just in in case.

Question ... did all you mums wear PJ's during day or your clothes ?

Did you take babies clothes in ? or let them wear hospital baby gowns. As a nurse I thought they were boring and cold for bubs ...

tiggy Guest

Trish,
    I wore PJs for the first 24hours, until I was allowed to get up and have a shower, then it was trackie dacks for me!
    I guess because I was up and down to the NICU all the time, I didn't want the world to see me in my jammies. It's what you feel comfy in though!
    ETA: As soon as I could I had my babies in their own clothes, for the same reason, the hospital gowns just didn't look comfortable, in fact looked quite rough. Ivy and Noah got around in just a nappy for the first few weeks but I had some really cute tiny clothes for them and it made me feel as though they were my babies, just a little bit, in the world of the NICU

I have pulled out a few pairs but not sure they will fit my rather larger frame now LOL and whther the elastic will be comfortable on the c/s scar - does your belly deflate quickly to you can wear them higher again?

tiggy Guest

yeah, it deflates! So you can wear them high :eek:
    LOL at the nanna knickers! What no g-string?????

hhmmm ..not a good look on me at the best of times LOL ... plus where will I attach the supersoaker adhesive bits. I admit to not owning any !

Reminds me the time when my DH bought a pair of g-string speedo type cosies on our honeymoon (I think)... very cute he looked. Years later ... when MIL was living with us but in her granny flat.MIL asked DH for a pair of men's swimmers to borrow as she had a gentleman friend coming over and thought he might fancy a swim in the pool . As a joke I told DH to give her the G string ones ... MIL took them without looking and we for ages ... later but before he came she realised and was :eek: = her son even owned them or more that we played a joke on her.

He still has them and wears to surprise me every now and then not been worn for a while now though.

tiggy Guest

Oh Trish! you are so funny!
    LOL had to get the g - string thing in, many think they will get away with it :eek: :eek:

I just can't imagine it ... especially with the things insitu ...or even stitches -ouch like who is going to look or want to impress anyone then !

I thought they were only worn purely as an accessory or for decoration anyway ... no practical use

*Still chuckling to myself*

no offense intended to anyone who wears them btw.

oh no skye, how scary. hope placenta moves up

trish, wtg on the recliners. does dh get time off work when bubs born or do u have someone 2 help?
    clothes in day (gown for 1-2days), pjs at night. took own wraps & only going home outfit. belly still quite big but deflated by time dischrgd. I wore my stretchy maternity black pants the whole time, hehe, comfy on wound & wore the hosp net disposable undies, great for c/s, just had 3pr so dh took home & washed when needed.
    pmsl on g-string.

skyelar Guest

LOL @ the g string chatter! Has been a while here as well

I wore jammies for the first few days, would put a fresh pair on after my morning shower. I was very sore 'down there' & felt cosy in bed with my jammies on. I also took my own doona & pillow Made it very homely! After about day 3 I wore loose stretchy type yoga trackpants & a singlet.

DD wore hospital clothes for first day then she was straight in her own. I thought they looked so scratchy & would creep up her back so she went into jumpsuits.

Morning ladies.
    Trish - I wore the hospital gown for the first couple of days and then trackies. Large trackies and underwear that goes over the scar. Bubs basically wore singlets and nappies, with the hospital wraps, as I found the temperature in the hospital quite warm..

Just checking in on our gorgeous Trish! You're doing such fantastic job carrying those precious boys. Sounds like they're a good size too! Infact both together weigh what Noah did at birth!!!

Have to comment on the g-strings. I used to wear only g's but they don't mix well with the old "roids" so haven't been back there yet!!

Sal - I hope you get in to get that surgery soon, I had forgotten you had such bad tearing. I was watching "Doctor 90210" (not sure if you get it in Oz) and it's about plastic surgeons and one Dr did repair work on a woman who basically tore 4 ways when her son was born. I think he kind of came out sideways. Anyway the surgery was done just with a local and sedation and she was so thrilled with the result.

Take care all.

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

PMSL @ the g-string story! I used to be a g-string sort of a girl back in the day, but now can't imagine worse torture! Still DH won't let me throw my (very old) collection out. He doesn't realise he's got buckley's chance of ever seeing them on me ever again! Lol!

As for what I wore at the hospital, it was my own nighties for the first day - even during the day - then into loose trackies and a big T-shirt. Even though I brought clothes in for Charlie, he ended up in singlets the hospital provided, swaddled in the hospital wraps, right until we went home two days later. He was constantly getting undressed by the nurses, the paed and me, and the room was lovely and warm, so I never got round to putting clothes on him.

I also brought in huge cotton nanna knickers! Well, they didn't look huge when I bought them, but were by the time I lost my belly. I liked that they were big anyway, so comfy!

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Snap Sheree! Must be a SJOG thing, the singlet, nappy and wrap in a warm room....

thanks ladies for replies- I will take singlets and some clothes for the boys and see how we go.

I will pj's and clothes for me. I am not sure the public hosp supplies much - when I asked the mw she said stores were low atm... and being end of financial year they might not have much if it like where I used to work. I don't think they will have the disposable undies either.

The chair is super comfy - when I get out DH jumps in.

skyelar Guest

18 days till the boys arrive

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast