Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2007

Default Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ March 2007

If you have any concerns within the thread please email/ PM any of the following Moderating/Admin team for this forum (all emails & PM's are treated equally & confidentially) :-

Sarah_H - [email protected] Admin
    Sammi-j - [email protected]
    sushee - [email protected]

Also, don't forget to check out the informative BellyBelly Pregnancy Articles.

Here's wishing each and every one of you, a happy and healthy pregnancy!

Congratulations...

Your old thread can be found here

HI everyone. On the maternity leave subject. I was due to finish up at 33 weeks but ended up finishing @ 31 as I nearly fainted behind the wheel on the way to work. I am a nurse so am on my feet alot at work so couldn't risk it. I am glad I did it, though it menas I have to go back sooner than I would like.
    Bellyrubs to all.

Hi Jo, how exciting, congrats. Your ttc journey looks very similar to mine for my last pg. My HCG levels x4 in 2 days, with last pg & x6 in 3 days with this pg, but both singletons, so some people do have sharply rising levels in the first few wks, but it will certainly be something to think about for the next 3 wks hehe. (I'm just visiting in here this time BTW).

Xlnt news Monnie, shame about the new machine still being tested though.

Wow Danni, not long now.

getting closer now! I cant believe I am in this home run...I was so jealous of Shez and Chris..and then Kar...but now its ME! so scary

Am looking at a possible scheduled c/s soon if junior doesnt turn. His feet are right on my cervix and killing me. Im warming to the idea a lot and will keep you all posted.

Danni I had a planned c/s and it was a wondefully calm experience,. I didn't feel dupped at all and was happy with the safest option for Isabella. ( OB was concerned would end in c/s if I went term anyway or harrowing painful long forceps delivery)

tell me shez...was Isabella able to be placed on your chest after delivery?

Hey Danni

I would post a picture except they are SO bad!!!

Our 12 week pictures were so much better...

For some reason, they took all these pictures of the spine to give us...another picture is too blurred and the final picture is just of the baby's mouth opening up...

Very weird!

Oh well...it will keep us all in suspense!

We were so disappointed after the scan (due to the quality of it), that we actually wanted to ring up and find out what the sex is (the sonographer said he knew), just to feel a little more excited...

We just keep saying to ourselves...at least the baby is growing well and is doing wonderfully...that's the main thing!!!

How's everyone else doing?

yes!! ring and ask the sex please!!!

Hi All,

Well here I am at last..yippeeeee..

My history: 1 x IUI, 2 x operations, 1 stim cycle IVF, 1 frozen ET and finally here I am. Oh, I also did this with a donor as I am doing it on my own.

I am 7.5 weeks. Jo, I wanted to tell you not to freak just yet. My HCG level at AF time was 750 and my 2nd 1 week later at almost 8000...so yes I had need to freak...I dont think you do. I had my scan yesterday and yes I am carrying twins. Sadly, Twin 2 is not looking really great. Twin 1 hearbeat is 135bpm and twin2 only 65bpm. They told me they are 'concerned' about Twin2. That to me is bad/sad news. I have to to for another ultrasound next wednesday so we find out more. Twin2 was also in a very hard place to see. Thankfully Twin1 looks good, so it's a waiting game. I am not very optomistic about bubba 2 and am sad but realise my chances weren't high at having 2 embies actually implant.

So, that's me. Am thrilled I am pregnant, but also realise it is very early days (esp. because of my age - 41). So, there you go - my full biography....

best..Lulu

Welcome Lulu

It's so wonderful to have you here...especially after such a long and no doubt difficult journey.

I'm so sorry to hear about twin 2...and I hope things work out.

Fantastic that twin 1 is doing so well...

Wishing you all the very very best...and looking forward to sharing your journey with you! I'm an "older" mum-to-be too!

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

Welcome lulu and congratulations on your pregnancy. I really hope twin 2 just needed a bit of extra time to become stronger

Lulu - I have calmed down about my readings, I was just thinking how typical it would be that it took sooooooooo long to get pg that it would be just my luck to get two (not that I would complain).
    Congratulations that you are expecting twins, I just really hope that twin two will be ok.
    I have my fingers crossed for you.

Monnie - are you going to find out the sex?

Danni - how are you feeling these days?

I know this is tmi but I can't believe I am already constipated & I'm only 5 weeks!!!
    ahhhhhhhh - but trust me I will put up with it because this is my dream to be pg.

We have decided to tell our family at easter as we are having a family thing so I can't wait till easter, everyone is going to be so excited.

Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 33
    TTC #1 since June 2005
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

Oh Jo, Im still so excited for you

Ok guys so 38 days to go max...this is getting harder and harder! Junior is now finding it funny to shove his head as high as it goes so I cant breathe! So naughty...

Well I cooked up so much food today and am loving the stocked look of the freezer Atleast I can do something right!

Danni I got to cuddle Issy before they stitched me up. I had no feeling from pretty much the collar bones done but could use my arms. I didn't get skin on skin in the OT if that's wat you mean. It is very cold in there so I don't know if It's done I didn't ask though. It was only 40mins or so before I was back in the room and feeding her though.

40 minutes isnt too bad!! Was your DH with her all the time?

Shez I can't believe Issy is 3 months old already!

Danni ask your hospital for a copy of its clinical pathway for c-sections if you haven't already got it. It might tell you about what they will do. If it is a baby-friendly hospital they might let you do skin-to-skin. But as Shez says - maybe your DH can do the skin-to-skin while they get you out of the OT.

Jo - constipation in the early days is really common. It went away for me and didn't come back until I was 36 weeks. You might need to change your supplement if you are taking Elevit. It's a killer. Otherwise Agarol is safe to take as a softener. Pear juice is also good.

Thanks Kar, I definitely will be asking a lot of questions!

I have my OB appointment at the hospital this time (not shared care) and going to see what he says about the c/s then.

Bugger Shazz, 40mins, I was told 40mins but it was 2.5hrs b4 I started to regain feeling & wasnt allowed back to my room b4 then, but I just couldn't keep my eyes open anyhow, was totally zonked (prob from the peth), then when back to room still didn't feed, until later that night (from memory), i slept b4 visitors came as even matchsticks wern't going to keep them open, doh, hehe. However that is for an unplanned c/s. My DH was with her all the time Danni. I did get to hold her for a min whilst stitching me up though.

Jo, I'm taking Elevit now (was taking Blackmores) & ever since I've had the opp, diah & bad cramps with it, gyn said it is prob related to the supplements (i didn't even think of that). Funny thing is i think he's right as the timing was spot on with when i take elevit. I've missed several tabs over last wk then started taking them again & whammo, it came back, he said it is mainly constipation caused by preggy & diah is normally caused by supplements. The blackmores never did that to me.

Congrats & welcome Lulu, I hope twin2 is just taking his/her time to regain strength.

Page 1 of 10 123 ... LastLast