Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ November/December '05

CONGRATULATIONS Gab & DH. What wonderful news.

Marg

How wonderful, congratulations to the both of you Gab, and welcome little (or not so little) Tomas!

Congrats Gabby & Gabbie's DH on your new little addition to your family, cute baby Tomas. :-)

Sal Guest

Just 21 days before Ivy and Noah make their appearance

YAY Gab and DH on the arrival of bouncing Tomas! Of course he's the cutest bub on the ward! Can't wait to hear your birth story and see a pic of your gorgeous little man. :happy4u:

YAY Gab \/ and welcome Tomas.

SAL, I just noticed how close you are to meeting your little treasure!! Wow, I cant believe how pregnancy drags when your the pregnant one & yet all your tickers are ZOOMIN along & your all so close now!!!
    Gabby's preg literally felt like a few weeks!!!

I am so happy for all of you & so happy that Gabby's little Tomas is here healthy, happy & handsome!!!

OOOOOOHHH! It's just so exciting!!!!

Sal Guest

Thanks Tracey! Yep, I agree that everyone else's pg seems to fly by, but your own pg drags on forever!! I am getting close now, feels really weird

in the valley of cuddles with mountains of smiles

I got an email from Tiff's DH

Ivy and Noah were born 30/11/05

10:03pm Noah
    10:05pm Ivy

30 weeks gestation
    (a very close call - uterus v thin)

Ivy: 1600g
    Noah:1700g

Mum and babies doing well.

Congratulations Tiff , David & Kids on the early but safe arrival of your precious little Noah & Ivy

Sal Guest

Wooohoooo! That has just made my day! I'm so thrilled, so very happy that Ivy and Noah are now safe and Tiff's difficult pg is over. What good weights for the little bubs. Got a smile on my face that I can't wipe off

:happy4u: :boy:

Sal
    I am so happy for them all I was in tears (of joy) and could hardly tell my own DH.

Grow strong little Noah & Ivy - hope you have a very speedy recovery Tiff

Congratulations Tiff and family! Wishing you and those dear little pets a quick recovery. You are all in my thoughts.

Love,

Mel

Congratulations Tiff and DH and welcome Ivy and Noah! =D>

Hello Girls!!

Finally made it home today - Saturday - as Tomas lost too much weight and had become jaundiced a bit too much so had to spend a day in special care under the lights - his own private solarium, LOL!

Sorry to keep you all in suspense - it all happened a bit differently than planned.

Last Sunday when I posted I felt fine, and all was going just the same as any other day, but all of a sudden after lunch, I lost my peripheral vision - could not see a thing, literally, very scary. There were 5 of my husband.... As any good doctor would, I tried to ignore it for a few minutes, and then I thought that maybe I better check my BP and it was 150/100 - majorly elevated for me! So we rang the hospital, and they talked me into coming in - I wanted to stay home for a while and just moniter the BP as my vision was improving, but in the end, I thought better be safer so off we went. I figured they would monitor bub for a while and check my BP and send us home.

Well, they did all that and took some blood tests which were a little off, so kept me in hospital overnight (I was having regular contractions on the monitor which were not particuularly bothersome to me though) and induce me in the morning, 8am.

So, that is what they did and Munchy made it into the world at 6:32 pm, after vacuum extraction and rather large episiotomies because he was so big (will tell you more about that later!). He weighed 4.175kg, head circ of 37cm and length of 58cm. His apgars were 9 and 9, and he was alert and well ever so beautiful.... I could not stop crying because we finally achieved our little dream of having a little one.

All was going well, but on Friday when they checked him over he had lost >10% of body weight and was jaundiced and on his blood tests they were not happy with the level of jaundice so the paediatrician decided to keep us in hospital and start to comp feed him as well. He is one starving baby!

At least we are now having wet nappies and his blood tests today were much better.

So here comes our first night at home. I am feeling very emotional about everything and funnily enough one of them is the fact that whilst I adore having Tomas in my arms, I miss him in my belly - I thought I would feel that because I was so loving being pregnant... even for all the aches and pains - these have just changed to different ones now LOL!!

Anyway, I am rambling on - just thought I would let you know we are home, and I will tell you about the birth in the next couple of days!! Thank you all so very much for your congratulations and keeping me sane though the last couple of years!

COngratulations on Tiff on the safe arival of Noah and Ivy - I am so, so glad that all is well! Thinking of you, and wishing you a speedy recovery and speedy growth to the twins!

Talks soon ladies,

Gabby
    so glad Tomas is doing so well now and hope you first night at home was everything you wanted it to be. It is so good to hear success stories like these - I was in tears reading your story. I am very happy for you all

Hope you have a speedy recovery too.

Congrats Tiff, DH & family. Wishing u a quick release from hospital for all of you, can't wait to see some pickies... A work colleague had their baby (1st) around 2pm 29/11 at JHH too... :-)

You too Gabby, hope all is well & can't wait to see some pickies.

Sal Guest

Gab, great to hear that you're all home from hosp and things are going well. Can't wait to read your birth story (though will be afraid to read about the 'rather large' episiotomy eeeek!). You said you'd feel sad to have the baby outside of you, as you'd enjoyed being pg so much - I'm pretty sure that I won't feel the same way!

Great to hear from you Gab. Hope you are all settling in well at home.

Congratulations to Tiff, wow that's awesome news! Hope your precious Ivy and Noah are growing fast and you'll all be home soon!

So who's next up? TamB and Sal??? Wahoo - so exciting!

Sal Guest

Yep - very exciting! My little man was 6th in line, to be after Gab's, then Tiff's two, then Tam's two. Now I'm third in line.... *gulp*

Tam, you must be starting to feel very close to the finishing line now!!

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast