Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After Long Term TTC ~ November/December '05

Gorgeous names Sushee

Sal That's great that your placenta has lifted, one less thing to worry about. I'd try not to worry too much about the head circumference (if that's possible) you'll be fine I know it! How lovely to see bubby again though. How's the hynobirthing practise going?

Sush I'm sure I'm going to get stretchies eventually too, my Mum got them with us so I think that's a fairly good measure. In the meantime I should be buying shares in Bio Oil as I'm going through loads of it. Hehe are you going to become a secret baby clothes buyer, I did that a bit when we were TTC although it got too painful after a while but I kept justifying that I was buying them for a friends baby and then never gave it to them!

Well I am feeling great at the moment, a few pains here and there but nothing to complain about. Hope everyone else is well - Tiff and Gab, thinking of you and can't wait to hear updates as to how it's all going!

Sal Guest

Hi again, well the heatwave continues and I'm struggling to cope with it... I don't normally like the heat but can usually bear it, but now it's just energy sapping, I'm lying on the sofa, don't have the energy to even go get something to eat (probably a good thing LOL).

Amy, yep my mum and sis both got stretchies, so I feel sure that I'm up for some, although my tum doesn't feel overly stretched at the moment which is amazing to me. As for hypnobirthing, well I try and do the CDs each day (and there is no excuse, I am a lady of leisure, you'd all be horrified if I gave a rundown of my typical day - I am so lazy!!) but I have a niggling feeling that I am not very hypnotisable #-o . I'll keep going through the motions...it will be such a loss of face for me around my mum and sis if I scream for an epi after my first contraction!!

Trish, not long for your u/s, can't wait to hear the good news (I'm thinking twins, what with such a high beta level you got).

LOL Sush at your breaking the seal on buying bubby things! You've held out a very long time already, doesn't seem too early to start stocking up on bub things.

Yep Sush & Amy, we must be nesting (& DH's too). Sush, luckily DH was the 1 whom suggested repainting house & replacing carpet, I wasn't too keen at first due to expense involved, then he said but we'll have a baby soon & may not be able to afford it later, so I buckled, hehe. I feel really bad that he does most of the work though, we painted 3 rooms when TTC. The other 3 + Entry since preggie, so he's done/doing them. I just get the cleaning/packing/unpacking jobs.

Sal, that's great news on ur placenta being up higher, never mind bout the measurements, they're not always growing at same rate I hear, as some told big bubby, but was normal size, etc etc. As for the heat, ok, not to rub it in, but I am soooo glad we have a/c at work, home & in car. Have u heard bout the ice necklaces? You can buy them at Bunnings, they're called 'cooling bandanna's & cost $1.50, you soak them in a bucket for a short while, for crystals/gel inside to expand, so looks like a miniture door snake (1 to 1.5cm diameter), then pop in fridge for a bit to get it cool, then tie it round your neck, lasts for hours. DH bought one yesterday after hearing about them on our local radio station. Some golf shops also stock a similar type, but thicker & dearer. There are other names for them, such as 'ice ties'.

Could a moderator (Kathryn / Sarah / Sammi) please update my details too thnx:

Ultrasound dates: 20/8, 31/8, 12/9, 4/10, 17/11
    Gender of Baby: 75% sure its a GIRL !!!

OK i have a verdict from our scan today

\/ \/

:boy: IT'S A BOY :boy:

OH i was so wrong i was so sure it was a girl but hey i had a 50 / 50 chance of being right

can i have an update please

Forum Name: Babydreams (shazz)
    State: QLD
    Due: 03/05/06
    Hospital: Toowoomba Base
    Ultrasound Dates: 08/12/05
    Gender of Baby: :boy: BOY
    Baby Name(s) Chosen: Ryan Bailey the list goes on and on will probably all change but this is the front runner
    Baby's Website: check out www.
    Number of previous pgs: 3
    Any assistance: first 2 clomid babies second 2 ivf with icsi
    Fertility Issues: vasectomy for DH and PCOS for me

Awwwww - cuuuuuuuute Shazz!!!! Congrats on your little blue bubba.

tiggy Guest

CONGRATULATIONS Shazz!!!!! on your little guy!

Awesome news Shazz - wow another boy bubba for our thread!

Thanks guys i am still in a bit of shock i was so certain bub was going to be of the pink variety thankfully i didn't go out on a pink spending spree lol and now i shouldn't have to buy much at all by sister has a 1 year old boy and she kept all his little itty bitty clothes so yay

Sal Guest

Congrats Shazz!! :boy:

Yay Shazz, congrats.

i can't believe i have done this but here goes ...... i have uploaded a belly shot on to bub's web site for those who dare have their eyes burn for the rest of the day 8-[

Yay congrats shazz on your little boy \/

Humphrey - I don't know if I have missed your announcement somewhere along the line? Sorry if thats the case and a HUGE congrats on your special little person taking over your belly \/

Tiff - Yay on being at home. How are Ivy & Noah? I think I might read your scarey birth story AFTER my two have arrived.

I am so behind with everyones news atm, so more apologies!

The ear infection has cleared up (I think?) have finished the antibiotics anyway. Still can't hear from that ear and still all very congested. Perhaps it's hayfever??? I have NEVER had hayfever in my life though. Might have to go back and get it all seen if it is still about in a week.

Had my measurement scan and it all looks spot on (according to the sonographer) Twin B is 28 wks and 2 days (almost right on) and twin A is 29 weeks, so they are both growing at similar rates. Don't have another ob appt until next Thursday and he will discuss the results with me then, so should find out more. It was nice to see them both kicking and moving about especially seeing as though I don't feel a lot of movement on one side, a bit reassuring.

Next Wednesday, I'm also doing a twin class at the hospital. there will be someone there from the DVMBA, a lactation consultant and they will be going through the birth, early parenting and i cannot remember what else, it's basicially a twin ante-natel class. Lunch is thrown in as well. It all sounds pretty good and I may as well seeing as though I have to be in Melb the day after anyway.

This weekend we are off to get any last minute items we may need. i have just realised that I will need to pack THREE bags arghhhhhhh (me, babies & Jack) The race is on to get organised.

The kittens are going great btw! Rosie's spots are starting to come out a lot more now as she loses her kitten fluff and she has the biggest belly. Kaleido's eyes have already turned green, it usually takes up to and past 12 months for that to happen. We are thinking we have the rigworm under control atm, but they are still confined to only a bit of the house.

Take care all1

Congratulations Shazz on your little man!!

They are the best!! (That's not to say that little ladies aren't though, LOL!!)

Hoping to catch up soon girls, but am kind of either attached to baby or breast pump.... so don't even have a finger free!!

Hope everyone is well and growing those bubs!!

Belly rubs to all of you (I already miss mine!!)

Thanks Jo for the congrats. I haven't really announced it as I'm still at the "pooing my pants that something will go wrong" stage. But considering I'm already struggling to get into my normal clothes, it's starting to feel a bit more real. Also hugging the toilet bowl with a 15 month old poking his head over to see what's so interesting down there is a challenge. I'm really looking forward to my 7 week scan on the 19th.

Has anyone seen Trish - she usually posts every day and I haven't seen her in a while - I'm getting a bit worried.....

Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness

Hello girls!

Well, I'm well and truly back as of today. Meaning I'm back at work, in front on the computer, and so will be around more too. My kids have taken over the home computer and now something Zaki downloaded is causing my anti-virus to go into overdrive. I think I've isolated it, but the puter goes so slowly it's taking a lot longer to fix than it really should.

Doesn't matter, now I'm back at work, I'll be surgiically attached to my puter again. sigh. Am thinking about going on matenity leave at 30 weeks instead of 34 weeks at the moment, but maybe that's back-to-work blues talking.

Wanted to first say Shazz, congrats on finding out it's a boy! I too thought maybe pink vibes for you, but just goes to show! I'm now absolutely convinced I'm having a boy too, but I had also convinced that Zaki was a girl, so my track record speaks for itself! Lol!

Also DH has nixed more baby stuff until I'm 27 weeks. Only 5 weeks to go then! :roll:

Gabby, good to see you pop in, I can't imagine how crazy life has become for you.

Trish and Humphrey, good luck for your scan this week. Trish's is on Wed?

Everyone else, I'm sure I'll catch up in the next few days, but have missed you all!

love
    sushee

Started changing the website girls so there are a couple of photos of Tomas for you to see!

Speaking of which someone is hungry so better talk soon, and hopefully will finish the website soon!

Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst ... 34567 ... LastLast