Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ November 2006

Danni - you could always do "adult work" from home LOL j/k
    If I think of anything I will let you know

Shez - Congrats on putting your feet up!

Haha i made the joke to a friend about that the other day...they said "well atleast you know you won't get pregnant!!!" :eek:

Danni and Chris
    Not only can you apply for jobs when you are pregnant it is actually completely illegal to discriminate against women who are pregnant. Similarly it is illegal for you to get sacked because of a pregnancy if you have a reasonable belief that you would have had ongoing work if you hadn't gotten pregnant. New laws about this came in at the beginning of the decade.

My advice is not to let your boss get off too lightly. It's the law!

(Phew I sound like a broken record on this - I can't believe how many of us pregnant women have no idea about our rights! - I think I might write to HREOC and tell them to get off their behinds and do a community awareness campaign.)

Kar: I know that but if you were an employer...would you hire me KNOWING i couldnt work ongoing or would you hire the girl next to me who could work indefinitely?

Thats what i mean, i dont want to do the wrong thing and not tell them, cos its pretty obvious now and is only going to get more so!

Do you mind me asking what you do from home Kar?

O Danni - IKWYM but..... Then again it would be so much better if you could just stay put - even with an hour commute.

As for me I'm a self-employed management consultant - I provide advice to non-government organisations about how to get themselves organised and I also work on a whole stack of other projects with other consultants for government departments mainly around health issues. And being in Canberra of course I used to be a public servant. LOL! I worked in heaps of different departments including ones that looked after health, women, aged care, social security, etc. Not quite sure how doing consultancy is going to work with a small baby in the house! We are worrying about that later. My DH also works from home.

that sounds a bit over my head kar

Nah! LOL! I'm just an old person who has had a L-o-n-g time in the workforce!

Awfully quiet in here guys...where is everyone???

Just quietly watching from the sidelines...

im here!!!

Me too!
    Suffering hephalumpiness big time though. Now I understand what one of the Sept mummies means about turning over at night. LOL!

Come on Jano.. where's ya post!!! Waiting in anticipation.. leis xx

yes we have a new graduate!!!

~Jane~ Guest

knock knock knock

Can I come in?

It's a tad weird coming in here, in a good way. We got our BFP today and I am due in July. They are going to confirm dates at my 6 week scan but the obs office said July 16, so a winter bubbie for us...YAY. DH can't wipe the smile off his face.

Danni - just wanted to let you know that a friend of mine at work started with us a couple of months ago and told HR in the interview she was prg. By memory she got a 6 or 7 month contract and is going great guns. She had the same problem as you, made redundant just after getting prg.

I know some of your names from the LTTTC thread but I am sure it won't take long to get to know everyone.

I am feeling fairly blah so I might head off for a soda water or something to make the blah go away, looks like this is going to be fun

Jane, when you're ready to have your details added, email me [email protected]

~Jane~ Guest

thanks Sarah - I forgot about that in my excitement, will do

Whenever you're ready Jane

do it right away Jane!! whooo hooo how exciting!!

Its not very busy in here, everyone is too busy these days!

Im a bit upset guys, im getting HOOOOOOOOGE. its to the point now where everyone notices, i look probably 6-7 months. Im really scared about a big baby

Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast