Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy After LT TTC ~ November 2006

Welcome Hope and Fig
    Yes we do have IVF/ICSI success stories in here. I'm sure some of the girls will be along later.

Welcome to PALTTC and hang around - you will get a lot of support and understanding from us girls that like you know all about what it is like to get through those first weeks of pregnancy. It is exciting and terrifying and non-LTACers don't seem to understand how nervous we get about everything.

There are lots of funny pains in the early weeks that come and go as your uterus starts to expand. These often feel like cramps and scare the hell out of newly pregnant women. The general rule of thumb is that you are ok to have cramps OR spotting but not both at once. (A lot of knicker checking goes by members of this thread!).

It's also normal to feel normal. Some of us get very pleased with morning sickness (starts around 6-7 weeks) because at least then you know things are ok.

Are you both getting hormone support (prog pessaries or HCG injections)?

Welcome and Congratulations to both of you....

We'll have to dust off some PALTTC straightjackets girls!!!

Hi Kar
    thanks for your message. It is comforting to know others feel the same because your right those that have been fortunate enough to get the BFP without waiting too long do not understand. But also even a couple of my girlfriends that did take 2+ years and then fell pregnant dont understand how I feel. I remember asking one of the girls what she did differently and she said I just relaxed.....ahhh I could have slapped her. But it doesn't matter now, positive energy only.....LOL

I have finished prog pessaries and am on my own so to speak. All seems fine though if the size of my bbs are anything to go by! Not to mention being sooo sore.

Can I join you guys?

Just got my 1st BFP EVER...after 3 years of trying...

Very excited, scared, excited...

I'm a Clomid girl...

I'm very very early...so hoping it sticks...but I guess you can only hope...

Anyway...looking forward to getting to know you all...

Welcome Monnie - the more the merrier.
    We've been a bit quiet in here of late. So more recruits are always welcome.
    Congratulations on your BFP.

Congratulaions Monnie

welcome monnie!!!

Hi

Thanks for welcoming me making me feel normal for being so scared

Hope: Sounds like we are due at about the same time. I worked out my date to be 9th of August. Will be good to share with someone who is going through it at the same time.

Kar: I am not on any pregnancy support. I did have hcg injections just before and just after the egg transfer but that has been it. Although my ovaries are still quite painful and swollen and I was told this is because my estrogen and progesterone are so high, so I guess I don't need them at the moment.

Monnie: Congratulations to you!! Will be good to get to know you as well

Welcome Hope Fig and Monnie... I happily share the straight jackets with you. As Kar said it is normal to feel normal. I had symptoms early on that came and went and played havoc with my head. There is lots of support in here. Happy Journeying!!!!

confusedegg Guest

Hi Ladies

Sorry been MIA.. Hope everyone been well...

Welcome Fig Hope and Monnie...Congrats on your BFP.

Will bbl to catch up on personals.

Welcome to you Monnie.

Fig - I'm due very early August, I calculated 1 August but I think the IVF nurse said 4 August. Maybe I'll know more next week when I go for the 6 week scan. I can't wait for that. I guess until I hear that little heart beat I'm a litle scared to fully believe...crazy I know.
    Have had quite constant aches still in the lower abdomen area which is worrying me but again the nurses said thats normal.....hubbys good though, he says its all growing and stretching down there and to stopy worrying. Hes probably right.

Hope everyones feeling well.

Hope: Did you have a second blood test to confirm that your hcg levels were rising? I think the nurse said something to me about testing again, but I was so in shock from the BFP and hardly remember anything she told me.

Fig - no I wasn't asked to retest, they only evamentioned the 6 week scan. Maybe it has something to do with how 'strong' the HCG was when they did the first blood test?????

Hope - can I ask what your hcg level was. Mine was 140 at 14 days past egg pick up. I am not sure if that is good or bad, but when I had the m/c I only had a level of 20 at about 17 days after ovulation.

Fig - My level was 204 at 14 days post Embryo transfer and the nurse said that anything over 100 is considered a positive. I have only eva had the one BT thru the cycle and that was as above - 14 days post ET.

Have you spoken to your nurses. I have called mine quite frequently over the entire IVF/ICSI cycle.

Awww Shez, that's great that ob doesn't want it to be traumatic, hehe, can't wait to hear news on 13th.

Oh congrats on a blue bundle Danni.

Hehe on ur DH's comment Jane. Hope u can hide ur big secret til ur ready to blurt it out.

Oh no Kar, hope u get that day of rest, or more for that matter, hopefully several, esp since it's nearing xmas.

Huge congrats Fig, Hope & Monnie, here's to sticky bubs for u. It is very nerve racking in the beginning, which we can all relate to, it eases a little after the 12wk mark, but there are many success stories, so hope u can enjoy the ride.
    Check out the 1st tri symptoms thread. As for spotting & cramps like Kar said, yes either can be common in preg, esp in the 1st 12wks & also alot of stretching type pains in the early weeks, esp when getting out of bed.

Yeah...I'm having a few of thos stretching type pains today...it feels a bit like a stitch...does that sound right?

Can feel my arms fitting into that straight jacket already!!!

Hi Luvs
    I've had quite constant aches and pains for the last two days.......I keep repeating over and over again it ok, its ok, its ok.....ahh bring on the straight jacket.
    These forums have also been great in relieving my need to talk or tell people the HUGE news.
    I think though I am spending more time reading in here than doing my work - woops!

Sure does Monnie, they're wierd huh.

PMSL Hope, I have to agree with u on that. I'd hang for another post on BB when at work, oops.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast