You all sound well - with the exception of the swelling. I haven't had the swelling yet and fingers crossed it stays well and truely at bay, at least until final trimester when summer sets in!
My baby bump is now evident to me, all clothes are tighter and am struggling to find pants in the cupboard particularly, that i can wear comfortably all day without having to loosen the fly (iykwim). The old low hipster jeans are finding a way out of the back of my cupboard at present....not that jeans are ok at work, but they're just going to have to lump it till the school holidays when i can go to the maternity stores and get some things for the waredrobe - i figure by then, i'll have a better idea of belly growth rate and size etc.
Sazz - am jealous of your Adelaide weekend, i spent most of mine trying to stay warm from the wind and rain we had up my way! Though we did get out for some shopping, have a rocker now (man those things have changed!!) and nursery manchester, but its still early days for us so the big things we're going to wait for Christmas and post Christmas specials...am assuming there'll be some.
Ltl Panda - i can't believe you can feel bubba, i'm at 15 wks 2morrow and know it's gonna happen soon, i'm just hanging. Sometimes i'll be laying in bed at some ridiculous hour in the morning and think i feel something, but then, decide its just my body digesting dinner or dessert! It sounds wonderful the you can feel your little one moving around. I guess it gives you are sense of peace too that they're going ok.
Kotare, hope the move goes well...don't carry too many things and try to stay stress free despite house moving being a very stressful event!
Clairbear - welcome and congrat's on your news, you're more than welcome to come in a chat chat chat, that's all we do, share our bits (joys and not so joyous things), its a place you feel your not alone.
Oh well, at least I'm not the only one. Most people don't show in the first trimester, and there I was looking 6-7 months along at 4 weeks, and now probably looking about 4-5months....so nearly caught up with myself!
Kotare - this is the perfect excuse to not lift a finger, or at least restrict yourself to 'organising' only. Will be looking forward to hearing all about your scan once you're back online as well.
It must be kinda hard to figure out what to buy/wear when you're 'in between' Kimbe. I've browsed in maternity wear and it all seems really huge - i mean for later on in pg. i guess i will have to find an alternative to trackies now it's getting warmer - hipsters are a good idea. Luckily I don't have to worry about work clothes.
Sazz it sounds like you're really getting organised now - good for you! And glad to hear you had a really good weekend too. I wanna do that...
Poor Mako - that sounds really horrible. Hope you can find some relief.
Monnie Its great to have you pop in and check up on us.
I'm so pleased that you and little Felix are doing well now and I have to say he's soooo very cute. I bet you just sit and look at him all day long.
Sazz Yeh you made me jealous with your lovely weekend away. I wanted dh and I to have a weekend away before bub arrives but thats not going to happen as I have to work every weekend Dh is away again this weekend (he's so lucky lol).
Good on you for being so organised now. It makes it all seem so real once we start buying baby things and deciding on names etc.
Kotare All the best for your scan hun.
Kimbe Good luck with the mat clothes shopping hun. Its so hard finding comfy clothes to wear. I have done really well and only bought 1 pair of mat jeans, 1 pair of 3/4 cargos and a few tops. I know of a few people who haven't bought any mat clothes,just a belly belt and some longer loose fitting tops.
Ltl Panda I'm sure it won't be too long before you'll be feeling bubs move ALL the time. When is your next scan?
Dh and I had our 2nd antenatal class last night. It was a bit better than last week as we got to tour the birthing suite which was good as now I know whats there and whats not.
Bub has been very active still poking his head out to one side quite often lol and doing tumble turns and huge kicks. Sometimes it takes me by suprise when he moves quite quickly.
I have to have my GD test tomorrow. Am a bit nervous about that one though.
Hi to all I have missed. I hope you are doing well and big belly rubs to you all.
Ok, sorry, but I have to have a whinge...
I've been sitting around (well working, but anyway) waiting for my specialist to return my call for 2 days now... I'm on thyroid hormone replacement and the last test was not good (cause of IVF etc) and had to increase my dose. so, due for another test 6 weeks later. which i did. then i called in to get the results and he was on holiday for 2 weeks. Well, i thought, that's fine, everyone has to take holidays, i can wait. considered going to gp and getting another test, but thought, no, i'll be patient... he was back at work yesterday and i've been calling his receptionist... to no avail. I need to know what my levels are now!!!! it's stressing me out.
I'm sure he's busy and stuff, but god, it's like 2 minutes of his time. and he told me not to make an apt, but to call in... if my levels are off again i'm going to be so ****ed... not to mention worried about the damage to Jelly.
Sorry, just really needed to vent.
Marcellus, you have all right to be upset, this is your health and you need answers now. Hope you get your results today, keep us posted.
Mako, so jealous you are already ate the stage where you are feeling a lot more that little flutters. I am glad you’re antenatal class went well and that you got to see the birthing suite.
Kimbe, totally agree with the in-between stage, too big for our own clothes and too small for maternity. I have a ball on this Sunday and totally stuck with what to wear.
and Sazz, yes I am very jealous, weekend away sound very good.
Have an appointment with the Hospital doctor tomorrow and hopefully they will book in my 19-20 week scan.
Ltl Panda Don't be jealous hun as it won't be very long until you are feeling all the movements and kicks etc too. My full on movements started around the 20 to 22 week mark. All the best for your appointment tomorrow.
Marcellus Did you speak to your Dr today? If not maybe you could just go to his rooms tomorrow if you get a chance and ask his receptionist to give you the results(not that you should have to do this).
I had my GD test done today and I'm feeling really tired now. Apparently this is a normal reaction. I won't find out the results until next Wednesday when I see my Ob again. I just hope everything is ok.
I've also come down with a cold AGAIN. This is the 4th time since I've been pregnant.I can't believe how low my immune system is.
Thanks guys
Doc finally called last night. Everything is fine so got myself worked up and worried about nothing. Can relax now until the next 'thing'. pg hormones don't help with neuroses etc...
Poor Mako - hope this cold isn't too bad or last too long. Also hope your test results are ok - that test sounds yucky.
Hi girls,
Hope you are all feeling totally nauseous or getting heaps of belly kicks!
We seem to always need constant reassurance eh?
I have been feeling sick on an off and just had my 5 WK BT.....the nurse said it wasn't good news but not totally bad news either....
My 4 wk hcg was 156.....now 1 week later it's only 400....so definitely not doubling.....nurse said I will just have to wait until next Bt in a week to know for sure!I have cried my eyes out,am torturing myself as to wether I still feel sick, am looking at my beautiful daughter and thinking just be happy with what you've got.....just really don't know how to feel.
Why does this have to be so hard every single step of the way......
Hugs to you all..... and wishing each and every one of you a healthy 9 months.
Claire.xx
Sazz The thai food was yummy. I had it last night and then the left overs tonight. I haven't had it for months and months so I really enjoyed it.
Hope the chinese was great too.
It sure is great to have someone to share our pregnancy with isn't it.
Your little "bugalugs" sounds like mine lol. My dh has only felt him move once or twice at the most. Every time I get dh to put his hand on my belly our cheeky little guy stops moving. This can get a bit annoying for dh at times and also for me as I just want dh to be able to experience the movements too. Oh well bub has the last say at the end of the day I suppose.
Claire Hang in there hun. Make sure you take things very easy over the next few days/ weeks. I'm praying that all will be ok for you and your precious little bub. Atleast your HCG has gone in the right direction even if its not quite doubling yet. Take care and know that I'm thinking of you
I think the nesting thing maybe starting to kick in. When I was washing the dishes I had the urge to clean out my kitchen cupboards. I haven't done these to this extent since we moved here 7 years ago lol. During that time I have done the quick clean out occasionally but not to the point of pulling everything out and repacking and cleaning all the pots and pans and cleaning out the drawers too.Oh well everything looks fresh and clean now. I wonder what will be next. Maybe the oven or the linen cupboard or our bedroom
I'm still not feeling the best and I have lost my voice too. Such fun trying to teach kids how to swim this morning with no voice lol.
Mako...thanks so much for your reply,hope you're feeling a little better after the weekend. Pregnancy sure is great for getting those jobs done around the house you've put off for YEARS eh!!
I am feeling a bit better,tying to stay positive and hang in there.Just gotta accept it no matter what the result.....only 4 more days to go to BT.Was totally sick this morning,but am afraid I'm making myself feel sick cause I want this so bad!Crazziness...the whole thing.
Was good to go to work today,my boss has been so terrfic through all this....we had a laugh which helps. Hey how sad was Idol last night.....def not up to standard!( Sorry totally off track....hehe)
Hope you are all getting Homer type bellies every day!
Hi ladies, I was hoping I could join you. I have been lurking for a couple of weeks and was reluctant to join until I hit the safety net of 12 weeks but have just had my 5w HCG bt which came back at 6092 (my 4w was 422 so doc is very happy) and after commenting to my friend I was having no symptoms, found myself dry wrenching over the loo.....so I guess its real now
Claire - It looks like we will be due around the same time, it will be nice to go through this with someone....and I agree with Mako at least your HCG results are going in the right direction....we are all different so try not to worry.
Anyway I just wanted to pop in and say hi, I hope to get you know you all a lot better soon
Lis x
Bookmarks