thread: Pregnancy after LTTTC Aug 07

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post
  1. #1
    BellyBelly Life Subscriber

    Jan 2006
    11,633

    Hey, Monnie the hero, well done! I had my first OB apt a few weeks ago, and will see him again in another four. He was nice. just had a quick chat and a look at baby and that was that - not much else to do at this stage

    Scooby & Claire, hoping you guys get some good news tomorrow!

    Kotare, that must have been such a shock. But it's good news that your baby is doing well. Hope you and DH are doing ok.

    Happy shopping Kimbe (and anyone else buying for bubs). I have low blood pressure too. Was wondering if it'd be a problem. I guess if I start fainting I'll find out

    Great news on your test Mako - good to hear everything is going well.

    How're you feeling Jo? still busy? BH still bugging you?

    Good news on the heartbeats Mistickles. Do you hear them both at the same time, or do they separate them somehow?

    Ok, know I"ve forgotten people, hope everyone else is doing well.

    On me, i'm thinking a sedan for a car (only one kid on the way after all), but no idea what. anyway, it'll be exciting to buy something (hopefully) made this century. And not getting a tax refund - a bill! but not as a big a bill as i thought it might be. First time out as self-employed person, so really wasn't sure.

    Anyway, catch you all later

  2. #2
    Registered User

    Sep 2006
    1,223

    Kotare I'm sorry about your loss hun. Please take care of yourself and the little one who's tucked away nice and tight in your tum. Also please know that men deal with these things differently to us women. They may seem to be unaffected by this but know that they are greiving too. Just make sure that you keep talking to each other and all will be ok

    Claire How did you go today? Do you have your results yet?

    Kimbe Its such a big decision when buying things for bub. There is so much stuff out there hey? Just make sure you get things like the pram that will be practical for your needs. I personally went with a Beema Q which is a 3 wheeler pram. Its one of the very few approved by Choice magazine for its safety features etc. Its only available from babyco.

    Monnie How is your ankle coming along? Hope you and Felix are ok.

    Nothing exciting going on here atm.

  3. #3
    Registered User

    Feb 2006
    361

    Hey everyone,

    Hope your all having a nice weekend, we're off to Powderfinger/Silverchair concert tonight should be interesting to see how I go!

    Marcellus - I have to pay tax too, $500 so not too happy with that.

    Saw my Dr yesterday & obviously he can't say if bub will come early or not but when I asked if I should pack my bag he said yes so I will do that next week when I finish work.

    I am still having soooo many b/h contractions it's getting ridiculus & Dr said if I'm getting them so often now a second bub will be worse!!!!

    Anyway all is good with bub she is still head down ready to go & doesn't look like she's moved since my appointment 3weeks ago & he said she will stay put now.
    He also said her size is about average which is a relief because every customer I serve lately has an opinion on that I am so tiny, for my normal size I am quite big but they don't know me I guess so it's a relief to know that everything is all good.

    I nearly had a meltdown at work on Thursday because this week everything that could go wrong did go wrong & I just so wanted to enjoy my last couple of weeks of work with the girls but it has been horrible.
    Hopefully next week my last week will be a bit better.

    I almost quit & walked out of work, you know it's pretty bad being nearly 8 months pg having to deal with major stresses at work & your boss just letting you deal with it, you think she'd help out a little.

    Jo - 27 (treated endo)
    Dh - 34
    Second chlomid / IUI March 2007 -

  4. #4
    Clairebear Guest

    Hi Everyone,

    Hope you are all happy and getting bigger bellies!

    Well I had my BT and hcg went up to 1200 from 400 last week.The nurse told me that they are dissapointed with the results and are not holding out much hope for a positive outcome.I have to wait again and go for another bt and scan at the clinic next wed.I am so sad about it all and totally emotionally drained,God I wish it didn't have to be such a struggle,it's really not fair.
    I am still feeling sick and was holding out so much hope that it would be all perfect this time....I think a little part of me just won't accept it's all over until I see no heartbeat on that screen. the hardest part is that this is it...no more embryos equals no more chances!
    I feel so heartbroken for Dh and DD and a complete bloody failure as a woman.
    Anyway,I am truly grateful for what I have,I am so lucky and blessed in so many ways!

    Hope you all stay well and wishing you fantastic pregnancies!
    Hugs,
    Claire

  5. #5
    Registered User

    Feb 2007
    Airlie Beach
    156

    Unhappy

    Oh no I am so sorry Claire....and send you a big hug:hugs:
    It must be awful waiting again.....but I guess if there is still a chance it will work out, then you have to hold onto that tightly.....it really isnt fair that this process is so hard....especially after the slog to get here!!

    I will be thinking of you and I have my fingers crossed you will be one of the ladies who succeed regardless of what the nurses say....and am sending lots of positve vibes for wed

    Big Love Lis xx

  6. #6
    Moderator

    Dec 2006
    Smidgen-ville
    3,736

    Claire - my heart really goes out to you, and i wish i knew what to say to help you. Be kind to yourself, and it really is OK to feel all those angry and sad etc emotions.

    Jo (DJ) - you are having a time of it at work by the sounds. At least bubs is OK and raring to go, but still - you should be winding down and not getting stressed out. Some people are inconsiderate and rude, aren't they? I can't believe they are discussing your own body - it's downright offensive.

    Had an interesting chat with my Dad yesterday (my parents live in NZ). He is not telling anyone about me being pg, as he said the last few years have been a nightmare with everyone saying 'oh, poor you, you'll never be a granddad, and your kids are selfish/career focussed etc etc.' I used to get those comments (all the time, as i'm sure you all did too!) - but he never told me that HIS colleagues and 'friends' used to say it too! It makes you just wanna scream, aye. He said that they don't deserve to know.

    Yay to you Kimbe for buying things - how cool. I don't know where to start, so i'm putting it all off until i sit my exam in November - then i can put my mind to prams and all the other things.

    Hi to everyone and thanks for all your kind words.
    Jo