Thread: Trying #2

kbanitskas Guest

Default Trying #2

Hi everyone, it took me 2 years of trying and 1 year IVF before I had my daughter and now we are finding it hard to get pregnant a second time. I've had a failed ET and it's starting to frustrate me already, I know it's only been one try but I'm worried it'll take me a fair few times before anything happens. Am I just been selfish wanting this to happen straight away, the only reason I'm worrying is because my daughter is almost 2 and I'd like her to have a brother or sister sooner rather than later. Has anyone else gone through the same thoughts, or am I jumping the gun too quickly.

Hi ya
    Firstly big hugs it is really tough trying for number 2 because i dont know about you but i get the "you should be happy you already have DS" which of course we realised we are very blessed to have. My DS is 4 and ive been trying for almost 3 years but only just started IVF as i fell preg during IUI and ended up with an ectopic. It is a long trying, rollercoaster of a journey, but if there is anything ive learnt its to take one day at a time, it truly is the only way you can keep going. I hope and pray that DS will enjoy a sibling when and if it finally happens he has a cousin who is 9 monthes old and he adores and looks after him so i think they can still have a wonderful, if not protective relationship. Hang in there sweet and maybe if you move over to the LTTTC thread youll find alot of girls in the same position that will give you lots of wonderful support on your journey. Good luck and welcome to BB

Hi
    We too are trying for number two and finding it difficult this time. We wanted to have ours close together like 18months apart. Ds is now 17 months and I have adopted the attitude that it will happen when the time is right. We are using AC this time so are in a very similar situation to you. Good luck.