Results 1 to 4 of 4

Thread: What would you do? - Opinions please!

  1. #1

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness
    Posts
    4,361

    Default What would you do? - Opinions please!

    I'd love some opinions, guys.

    As most of you know, I have one snowbub in the freezer. DH and I have agreed to have it transferred in Dec/Jan. This, in part, is coz if it succeeds (however slim the chances) we then can plan for me to stay home longer for both Charlie and the new bub, with me going back to work when Charlie goes to kindy. Also we would like to transfer asap as I'm not getting any younger, and would like to have another sooner rather than later.

    But my dilemma is that to do an FET, I have to have a cycle. And coz I'm BFing, I don't have one. In Dec, Charlie will be going on 7 months, and with Zaki and Ariani (who I BFed but also gave solids at 4 months) AF didn't reappear for 8-10 months after birth. I'll be introducing solids to Charlie after only 6 months, so it's likely AF will stay away even longer.

    I also am mindful that though DH hasn't yet agreed to go back to IVF for another bub, he's softening to the idea. If we do, I'd want to undertake that soon after the FET, if it's unsuccessful

    But I really don't want to give up BFing. And I think that's where the trouble starts. If I knew I was going to ovulate by Dec, I think I'd be okay with everything, but I don't know.

    My choices are, I guess, to sup feed Charlie with formula in a cup after he turns 6 months to try to bring AF on, or delay my FET until I'm getting regular periods again. I have to admit, neither choice appeals to me at all! But if I had to choose, I think BFing Charlie would take precedence.

    What would you do if you were me?


  2. #2

    Join Date
    Mar 2006
    Location
    Brisbane
    Posts
    1,731

    Default

    I think you should wait and see how Charlie is doing Nov/Dec. You dont have to make a decision now. By the way, just had a peek and he gets cuter every day. I love that ticker photo, but I remember your birth announcement as if it was yesterday. I cant believe he's almost 3 and a 1/2 months old.

  3. #3

    Join Date
    Apr 2005
    Location
    Sydney, NSW
    Posts
    485

    Default

    I can see your dilemma Sush. My AF came after 8 weeks despite fully BF - I never saw this as a blessing until now. At least it gave us a year of TTC naurally before we did IVF again.

    Maybe you could reassess things after Charlie goes on solids. By then you'll probably have cut own a feed anyway and you may find AF returns about the same time. This is what happened to alot of my friends. I stopped BF'ing after 6 months due to a lack of supply and felt guilty for a short while but Isaac thrived without it and we were both happy in the end. Of course he is your priority and you will always do what's best for him Sush - you're a great mum.

  4. #4

    Join Date
    Sep 2004
    Location
    Melb - where my coolness isn't seen as wierdness
    Posts
    4,361

    Default

    Thanks for your opinions girls. DH keeps telling me to wait and see in November, but you know what it's like when you have to go back into the clinic. You have to get your screening bloods done again, and I imagine my FS will want to do at least a month of blood tracking. I have an appointment with my Dr for early November, which I booked without even thinking that AF might not have shown by then.

    I know it's a few months off yet, but have been thinking about this for a month or so, and honestly, I am no closer to figuring it out. I hope you're right, Justine, and AF decides for me!

    Nat, I can't believe he's 3 and a 1/2 months old either! I think it's coz it's going so fast that I'm already thinking about the next one! Lol!

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •