Thread: Fetal Heartbeat ~ Gender

*Beccy* Guest

Default Fetal Heartbeat ~ Gender

Hi

I heard an old wives tale about the baby's heartbeat! Apparently, you can tell the sex of the baby by the fetal heartbeat. 140+ = Girl. & 140- = Boy.

Is this true?

Beccy

I've heard of that but not sure if it is true.
    I wish i knew what Kimberley's was when we had scans with her as i know Alex's was always around 140.

oh that's really interesting! I havent heard of that before, next time I see a doctor, nurse or midwife I'm going to ask!

I found that to be true, I actually picked Noah to be a boy through hs heartbeat, and assumed Tehya a girl with hers. Maybe just wishful thinking with Tehya though

I don't think it is true because Lily's heartbeat was always different from 130s to 180s. also as they grow their heartbeat slows down anyway.

*Beccy* Guest

Wink

I read this on a website:

A 1993 study at the University of Kentucky that concluded that the fetal heartbeat could be used to correctly predict the sex of 91 percent of male fetuses and 74 percent of female fetuses.

My Fetal Heartrate = Girl
    My Chinese Gender Chart = Boy !!!!!

lol...no-one really knows!!!!

Beccy
    Last edited by *Beccy*; June 17th, 2006 at 08:34 PM.

So what was yours then at your scan today ?

I do go by that to work out what ppl are having also.

kirsty Guest

All of my boys clocked heartbeats averaging 155+ bpm, most of the time they were in the 160's so I guess it doesn't ring true for me

Melinda Guest

It is true for us......Jacob's HB was less than 140 and this little one was over 150 and it's a girl!

But I do think it's just coincidence........

My baby is a girl and her heartbeat is always from 147 - 149bpm at every OB checkup. I also did the chinese gender test and it said girl too.

Wink

Hey all, Hope that you are all enjoying your weekends.

Havent heard of any of these wives tales. What is the chinese test and who do i do it as what is the wedding ring test??????

Treacles HB"s have been between 147 and 150 bpm so it will be interesting if we find out if this myth works. As Melinda said it could just be coincedence. I am not sure what Samual's were so I guess I will have to get his Video out and have a look. lol.

Well have had a flat out day so am heading off to have a nanna nap (as bel would put it) on the couch before getting dinner.

May pop back on later this evening and chat.

Love toyou all xoxo

*Beccy* Guest

Michelle ~ Whispy's h/rate was 150bpm. I have no idea of what Chantelle's was. I just love to hear all the different wives tales!!!

I luurve surprises...so, there'll be no finding out again this time!

Beccy

Emily's HR was always about 160.
    But this baby is also usually around 160 and it's a boy

Hi all ,
    I had my second scan today I am 8 weeks, heartbeat was 156bpm and I have been dreaming that I am having a girl so it is looking promising,

feeb is offline Thankful for the kindness of my 2012 RAK making me Life member

i dont think it is true as Heart rate was always 140 - 150 bpm and I had a boy.