thread: How likely is a loss after seeing a HB?

Add Jakabella on Facebook

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Question How likely is a loss after seeing a HB?

Morning All,

Have just been to the loo and have some light pink / brown spotting this morning. I have had an us 2ce now due to spotting and we saw the HB on the second @ 183bps.
    I have my 12 weeks scan tomorrow... I was just getting so excited about telling everyone after my scan (all going well)....

I still have MS and sore boobs..

I guess I just want to know how likely it would be to loose bub after seeing such a strong HB...

I had spotting alot with Bella as I had a subcronic heamorage that cleared its self up.

Im quietly freaking out right now...

TIA
    Kate xox

BellyBelly Member
    Add kawazuki on Facebook

Dec 2008
    Paradise. QLD

big hugs hun

ring your dr and talk to them..
    maybe they could bring the scan forward to today if your worried??

hope all is ok..

Oct 2008
    Sydney

Hi
    Just wanted to say I hope everything is okay and you get to see a lovely healthy bub at your scan tomorrow.
    How far along were you when you saw the HB at the 2nd scan? My ob told me recently that once you get past about 9 weeks and there is still a HB then your chance of miscarrying is about 0.5%. Not sure of the stats prior to that gestation though sorry.
    Good luck, let us know how you get on.

Add Sterla on Facebook

Jun 2008
    Tasmania

Big hun. How scary! I agree with kawazuki, can you have your scan brought forward to ease you worries?

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Thanks ladies. I was 9 wks when I saw the HB at the last scan.
    I will have a rest when Bella goes to sleep today and see how I go. If things get worse I will call my mum and head down to the ER at my local hossy and see what they say.
    Im hoping its because I have been over doing it this morning with the house work.. I dont have any cramps so Im taking it as a good sign...

Kate

Feb 2006
    NSW Central Coast

This pg, I got slight spotting when my period would be due, so at about 4,8,12 wks. Maybe that's what it is? I hope it's nothing hun. I know how scary it can be.

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Thanks Lilias - my period would be about due give or take a few days...FX'd thats what it is...

Kate

Oct 2007
    ★ nor here nor there ★

Kate, Inanna posted in my early thread for this pregnancy what the figures were, I will go through it and see if I can find them, but from this point the risk is a lot lower now that you have seen a HB more than once
    I understand your fear, I am still having bleeds now at 30 weeks and it still scares me

Add ElleJay on Facebook Follow ElleJay On Twitter

Jun 2007
    Western Australia

Big hugs hun xo

If you feel nervous, goto the ER - or call your dr.

Oct 2007
    ★ nor here nor there ★

In the early stages when i was losing the twin between 7-8 weeks I had a 50:50 chance of carrying a successful pregnancy.

Then after 9 weeks Inanna didn't give me a sepcific figure but she posted this "After a heartbeat is seen on u/s the best indicator of wellbeing is the sight of a consistent and adequate heart beat & of course growth. You have this so that is an incredibly positive sign.", and you have had both of these, the HB has strengthened greatly which is a fabulous sign for a strong little bubba. Will be thinking of you when you have your scan, I understand your fears
    Take care and sending you strength to get through the next couple of days xxoo

Sep 2005
    In the middle of nowhere

rest up hun. Thinking of you.

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Thanks ladies. I have been taking it easy and resting as much as I can with a toddler..
    Have had no more spotting since this morning.. Tomorrows scan cant come fast enough!!

Nov 2007
    Off with the fairies.

Great to hear you haven't had anymore spotting since this morning.
    Good luck with your scan tomorrow. Sending all my thoughts and support to you, and crossing my fingers.

xox

♥ BellyBelly's Creator ♥
    Add BellyBelly on Facebook Follow BellyBelly On Twitter

Feb 2003
    Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Brown blood is old blood - it's a good sign that there was no red blood and it was only a small amount. Sometimes it can be stirred up by intercourse too.

Loads of healthy and happy pregnancy vibes
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    In 2015 I went Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team

Nov 2007
    in Love!

Thx Kelly xo

Add JennaJayen on Facebook

Oct 2008
    Kallangur, QLD

Hey darl, last friday I had slight brown spotting in the morning only too, doctor said it was good that it was old blood and not new blood. I also had slight spotting the day we got our BFP (14dpo) and the day after that as well (15dpo). Ironically, last friday would have been the 'Normal' time that I got AF if my cycle hadn't been playing up.

I'm keeping my fingers crossed for your scan tomorrow!
    Last edited by JennaJayen; August 26th, 2010 at 08:27 PM. : removing sig

Jan 2007
    By the Bay :-)

sending you lots of hugs

Add ElleJay on Facebook Follow ElleJay On Twitter

Jun 2007
    Western Australia

I can't wait to hear the results of your scan tomorrow