Thread: A little introduction

Default A little introduction

Hi ladies,

Introductions are hard. So I'll make it short and sweet.

After our mc at 7wk 6days in 2008, I am delighted to be pg again at last. I got my BFP on Monday July 5th, after 2.5 years of waiting for DP to give the green light. It was hard, but I respected his wishes, and would never force fatherhood on someone who was not ready, no matter how badly I felt the need for a child. (We had a mc in 2008, unplanned but not unwanted)

I'm surprised by how calm I feel. I was sure I would be a nervous wreck, but so far so good. I think it will all seem more real when I go to see my doctor on Saturday morning. It's all a little bit scary since my symptoms are kind of vague and elusive right now... but I'm staying positive until I have reason to worry. No spotting, no real cramps, just feeling peaceful for the time being.

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies a lot better, and thrilled to be joining some I'm already familiar with.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

YAY! Forshelby!! So glad to see you here babe, it's ok symptoms are meant to be vague and elusive at the moment. It's all gonna be ok darlin xoxo

Congratulations on your pregnancy!!!

Wishing you a very happy and healthy 9 months

CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've secretly been doing a little bit of stalking, waiting to read this post!

Totally agree with Kit - symptoms will kick in soon, stay peaceful and enjoy every day

Sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes

So happy for you.... made my day

congrats i am so happy for you

i have to agree with everyone the systoms will kick in i know its easyer said then done but relax

Congratulations!! Sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes hun, xx

Quote Originally Posted by forshelby View Post
    Hi ladies,

Introductions are hard. So I'll make it short and sweet.

After our mc at 7wk 6days in 2008, I am delighted to be pg again at last. I got my BFP on Monday July 5th, after 2.5 years of waiting for DP to give the green light. It was hard, but I respected his wishes, and would never force fatherhood on someone who was not ready, no matter how badly I felt the need for a child. (We had a mc in 2008, unplanned but not unwanted)

I'm surprised by how calm I feel. I was sure I would be a nervous wreck, but so far so good. I think it will all seem more real when I go to see my doctor on Saturday morning. It's all a little bit scary since my symptoms are kind of vague and elusive right now... but I'm staying positive until I have reason to worry. No spotting, no real cramps, just feeling peaceful for the time being.

Looking forward to getting to know you ladies a lot better, and thrilled to be joining some I'm already familiar with.

Congrats on your pregnancy and heres to a H&H 9months!

Congratulations hun looking forward to follwing u n hearing more as ur pregnancy progresses xx

Quote Originally Posted by tellytubby View Post
    CONGRATULATIONS!!!

I've secretly been doing a little bit of stalking, waiting to read this post!

Totally agree with Kit - symptoms will kick in soon, stay peaceful and enjoy every day

Sending you lots and lots of sticky vibes

So happy for you.... made my day
    Thanks everyone for the warm welcome. And a special hi to Telly... hehe. I love that you stalked me, now I feel popular.

feeling super tired and my bull*****e tolerance level is at an all time low. Is that a symptom? Lol.....

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

LMAO! Just make beeping noises and then say ''oooh baby says your (insert word of choice here)". The tired bit is normal too, lol.

Hehehe, Kit.. that made me laugh.

In other news (lol) I bought 'kid wrangling' the sequel to 'up the duff'. Anyone read it? It looked like it was my speed... not to fancy pants, and just tells it like it is. Looking forward to cracking the spine on that one. hehe.. yay!

I've read Kid Wrangling. It is more like a reference book (done in a funny way). So if you have a questions about all things to do with babies/toddlers and kids, it pretty much gives you a brief overview of each of the different opinions associated with that topic. I really like her writing. She is hilarious. Enjoy!