Thread: Measurements and heartrate doesn't seem right?

Default Measurements and heartrate doesn't seem right?

Ok, I am trying not to freak out over what could be nothing here... but I need opinions.

I had my dating scan today at what is meant to be 7wks preg. Baby measured at 0.58cm, with a hb of 118bpm. Is this bad? The u/s tech didn't seem terribly concerned, just said that it's very early.

I don't want to have another mc, and up until now I felt so calm and sure everything was going to be ok this time. But now.. the seed of doubt has been planted. Am i worrying over nothing? Are these measurements etc ok??

Fear is creeping back in....

It's fine. All good. Probably measuring a little smaller than 7 weeks, but only a little. There's always some margin for error and natural variation.
    They would tell you if there was anything to be worried about.

Not sure about the measurements, but my bubs hr at 7 week scan was 115 I think? It is very early, and it gets higher as they get bigger.
    Wishing you all the best for a H&H pregnancy.

Aaaah sweetheart I so hear your concern & remember that so very well. It all sounds fine darling heart - remember this little Being is a teeny tiny dot - very hard to measure specifically at theis early stage. Heart rate is fine honey.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Sweetie - it's all good, everythings gonna be ok.

How stressful are those first ultrasounds!

Inanna has said it perfectly, bubby is so tiny, it is so difficult to get an exact measurement.
    Try not to worry. HB sounds perfect, and awesome that they picked it up

With DS, according to my dates, I should have been due on the 9th of November. My first u/s said I was due on the 21st of November... He came on the 24th of November. LOL!
    No idea how that happened, but it did.

Everything is going beautifuly
    Telly xo

PS - What was the EDD they gave you?? They say the earlier the u/s, the more accurate the EDD is.. getting excited for you!

Hi Everyone,

Thank you all for your replies, I feel a lot better having the reassurance of other mummies! I came home 'sick' today, had a bit of a stressful episode at work, and thought no way am I putting myself through this when I'm already worried about bubby. See the boo-hoo room... lol.

Telly - They gave me an EDD of 14/03/11..... just as I had predicted myself. Turns out I'm good at dating a pregnancy!

Kit - *huge sigh of relief* I believe you. If anyone knows 'the fear' it's you. THANK YOU!

I'm pushing my fear aside now, and going for a well deserved snooze. Come on, belly-bean. Let's have a nap until Daddy gets home with smooches for us both.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

Good girl! Your bringing this one home my love xo

But feel free to spaz out, reassurance is just a post away!

Kit - LOL... I love a good spaz out now and again. You're so great. And yes, I am going to bring this one home with me. I just need to relax and think positive thoughts.