Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ July 2010

Hi all,
    Just checking in...had a little trouble finding you all in the past few days-- but happy to find you tonight.

I had my NT scan last week and the results came back better than expected...negative...and my estimated risk was 1:378 instead of 1:38 for Down's...Given that I am 41 on Friday, the staff said that my numbers were good and they aren't recommending the CVS given the good scan and my history.

So we breathed a little easier and I finally announced officially this past Sunday. I was doing pretty good with not worrying so much, but tonight, for some reason, I am more freaked out. I don't have another appointment (ie scan) for 3 weeks...so I've got to wait.

I can't wait until I can feel movement!

Best wishes to all--

Sunshine and stars-good results and happy Bday for tomorrow.

AFM-Well i am not happy the geneticist rang and the 1st words out of his mouth were I am sorry to tell you but we are off to a bad start.
    My heart fell to my feet i thought the worst then he tells me that the doctor doing our testing dropped the cvs sample WTF how can they do that he said they dont have enough of the sample left to do the FISH chromosone test and might not have enough tissue to do the SLO i just burst into tears i can't have another cvs i wont risk the baby if it is healthy.
    Anyway they are trying to grow what tissue they have left and hope it is enough to test in 10 days time.
    Can you believe our bad luck after all the sh#t we have been through and they drop our sample not someone elses ours how much more of this can we take.
    I wont have another cvs or amnio if they cant get results we will just wait until the morph scan and go from there as i will be 14 weeks by the time the cvs results should be ready so what is a few more weeks to wait for a scan.
    Do you think i am making the right choice?

oh ferrals! that is terrible!!! For what it's worth, I think you are doing the right thing. If this little one is as healthy as s/he looks to be from the scan the other day then it would be insane to risk further invasive tests. It does make the next few weeks incredibly difficult for you whilte you wait but I suppose you have been through this for the past couple of months and more so you know what to expect. Everything crossed for you hon, I hope they're able to get some results for you from any tissue growth they're able to get.

Sunshine - Awesome result! It's so great when they tell you you're low risk, isn't it? I remember laughing with glee when I saw some of the crazy ratios for my risk, like 1:100000(ish) for (don't quote me on this) is it edwards syndrome?? Ugh, pregnesia here... it was the last one on the list anyway. It is a bit nerve wracking when you have a few weeks until your next appointment though... My next one is in just under 2 weeks now and I'm eager to hear this baby's hb!

Ferrals-ABSOLUTELY you've made the right decision. Remember, no amount of testing will change the simple truth that your baby will be as it is, and that's that. I would cry, too if they destroyed my sample, especially knowing the risk and angst you must've gone through to give that sample.. ugh. Hugs to you, hun. How awful it must have been to hear, and scary for the dr to say it the way he did! FWIW though I really think you're doing just wonderfully, and as long as you are doing what you're comfortable with, then that's what's most important.

AFM- Having an emotional day today.... being forced to go to jobsearch interviews is not easy, not when they keep eyeing off my little bump. I just felt really demoralized standing in that office, with THOSE people, when I know dang well nobody's going to hire me because I'm pg! On the up side, I don't have to see them again for another 13 weeks. That will make me 27 weeks, which will only give them 2 appointment slots to harrass me with until I'm off their books and no longer having to look for work because I'm so close to delivery. Still, it's just embarrassing even having to go there, and play along. I felt like a real failure today, and I shouldn't because I was GREAT at my job and only had to leave due to harassment. *SIGH*

Ferrals what a booboo. I can assure you your not the only one that this happened to not that it makes it any better. What a shame after all that. In saying this they still have some sample and I am sure they can get some results even if its not all the ones they were going to test originally. And bubs NT is so low thats a fantastic sign without any other tests. Yes I'd be angry and upset to after all you went through to get it and the reasons you had it done in the first place to not have all the testing done and have all the results but I guess try to look at some of the positive signs. I am sure you will get your beautiful take home baby from this pregnancy. I wish this had been easier for you. FX they can get enough results to give you the piece so mind you need and should have to start enjoying the rest of your pregnancy well before your Morhology scan.

Ferrals I agree with LittleOnes. If it were me in your situation I would probably be thinking along the same lines as you (hypothetically speaking as I could only imagine what you are dealing with right now). You seemed to get such great feedback from your scan and you went through so much with the cvs that you had, I think you have every right to want to just wait it out a little longer. Poo on them for dropping the sample, how pathetic is that. I would be so cranky and upset right now. I really feel for you at the moment. How much does one person have to endure, honestly. With saying all that, I really don't know too much about all this. Sending huge hugs to you hun. I hope it all works out just fine.

OH MY GOD!! I have been trying to find you guys since Monday!!!!

I couldn't log on, or find the September Thread... Then I thought I'd go back into the July thread....

LADIES I BECOME A MUMMY ON SATURDAY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Our daughter arrived at 10.14am Saturday 11th September 2010....

She weighed 6pound 14oz was 49cm long, HC was 33cm........

Ok so now that I have that out of the way I will go back and look at everyone's posts!!!!! and Go into more detail about my goreous girl!!

MillyD and Dory: I can not even begin to explain how I feel, and I am just so looking forward to reading you BA!! Unless you've already gone and I just haven't read it yet...

HPL - Congratulations on the birth of your little girl! Have you chosen a name yet? Looking forward to reading your birth story

HPL: Congratulations on the safe arrival of your beautiful little girl. That is wonderful news. YAY!!!

Ok so I have gone through the last few posts...

Firstly, what has happened to the September Thread? Was very confused..

Ferrals: I was all for the Great News post, then read that they DROPPED it.... How on earth they could do that, that is just shocking. I think you've made the right choice not going again. We had to make that decision with Adurey when we were 16wks, but we couldn't go through with it. I think you are a very brave/strong woman with everything you have had to go through.. I think not doing it again is the right choice, as long as you are happy with it....

So happy to see everyone else going really well... Can't wait to hear from Dory and Milly5...

Might go and right a BA .... never thought I'd be doing that, very excited....

BELLY RUBS TO ALLL!!!

Hope.positive.love-way to go on your baby girl i am so happy for you enjoy every minute of being a mummy.

Ferals - blah to having to wait longer for the results! Hang in there.

Tegam - well said.

Sunbeam - fx crossed for you.... then it will be my turn to check on you!

Milly - I get an inkling of how you feel....I feel similarly. Had an Obs appointment today and bubs is no where near engaged. For some reason that really disheartened me. As the due date draws near, I have fewer pre labour symptoms and an escalation of my fears. Had a good chat about my fears today, fortunately the Obs understands. Since last week he hasn't been overly keen for me to go much beyond my due date, and I agree. Today he tentatively booked a caesarean date for next thurs to see how things are going. Today I realised I have almost no real confidence in my body to do the right thing by bubs to get bubs safely here, and hence the escalation in my fears, well one of the contributing factors. So really am feeling sorry for myself...but DH just called to say hello and I feel more cheery now.

I hope spud works out soon that it's much better to have mummy cuddles than belly rubs.... wishing you some action!

HPL - congratulations my sweet on the arrival of your precious little one. Enjoy writing that BA - can't wait to read it - I just checked and nothing there yet, but given we posted at the same time, you can[t do everything at once!

Oh Dory you break my heart sweetheart!! You're body is doing what it needs to do, just coz bub's isn't engaged yet doesn't mean he/she isn't going to come soon.. I had my MW appt on the Friday afternoon, and told them I was having contractions, they said I wasn't far enough along yet to be having her, and well they were wrong.... Your body and Bub will work together, and you know what, if it ends up being that your body needs a C-section then so be it... As long as you - MUMMY - are healthy and so is Bubs then that's all that matters... It shouldn't matter how he/she comes into the world!!

Please try and cheer up because before you know it your bundle of joy will be here and all these feelings will disappear.. I know you're scared and thats natural everyone in here will say the same thing, but try and focus on the fact that you are so so near my sweet and everything will be okay!!

Dory DO NOT worry about bub not been engaged yet. When you have had babies before even when they were not as mature as this bub is it is completely normal for bub not to engage until during your labour. Bub not been engaged also doesn't mean you will go past your EDD or still be in one piece by your poposed C/S date. Do what you have to do to bring your bub into the world when your ready if thats now or next week. I am pleased your Ob is understanding and flexible to your needs. I couldn't see unless they were unreasonable going from your past history how they can be anything but.

Hope.positive.love massive Congratulations on the birth of your daughter. Woohoo. Hope everything went neautifully for you both. Enjoy those cuddles and baby gazing which I am sure you are.

Ferrals farkkkkk sorry but what else can one say! Talk about kicking someone while they are down! Cant believe that you might not get the results. I reckon whatever you decide to do will be right!

HPL: Congratulations!

Dory dory dory......i feel a lecture is coming your way but i need to cook dinner now...so to sum up! Go slap yourself and realise that your body has proven itself! Its grown your baby perfectly! It will birth your baby...when your baby is ready! Dont rush things now! You will hold your baby every day of its life (well atleast til its embarressed by your kisses at school drop off!!!) A few more days now will take a huge amount of strength but you have proven you are one of the STRONGEST women i know! I believe in you, your body and your baby! 40weeks is an average dory not and expiry date!

Quote Originally Posted by Mildez View Post
    Dory DO NOT worry about bub not been engaged yet. When you have had babies before even when they were not as mature as this bub is it is completely normal for bub not to engage until during your labour. Bub not been engaged also doesn't mean you will go past your EDD or still be in one piece by your poposed C/S date. Do what you have to do to bring your bub into the world when your ready if thats now or next week. I am pleased your Ob is understanding and flexible to your needs. I couldn't see unless they were unreasonable going from your past history how they can be anything but.

Saw an OB on a monday with Evie at 36weeks...Not engaged, infact she said "that babies nice and comfy there"!! Born in 2hrs on wednesday morning!

Ferrals-- Man, oh man, I can't believe they dropped the sample!
    I understand your decision; we have such mixed feelings about the invasive tests as it is! I pray that they are able to tell you something positively *good* after all you have been through. And I pray that no more tests will be needed for both of us! Because I feel like an "old woman" in terms of pregnancy, I dread these tests, so that colors my perspective.

HPL-- Way to go, girl! Congratulations! How exciting! WELCOME to the little one!

Dory-- Your body will do what it needs to do! We will have confidence for you and the bub if your confidence wavers. Holding you in prayer; not too long now and you will be holding your little one and changing diapers, and looking at the babe with stars in your eyes!

AFM-- I am still anxious for some stupid reason. I don't know why I didn't make an appointment in 2 weeks for a checkup. My husband says that we need to get a doppler so I will settle down some. Talk about needing some confidence.

On a personal note-- *warning* icky info ahead-- okay, so I am having lots of white stuff down there (discharge). What is up with that??? I haven't had much of this prior to this week. It's pure white. Should I worry more than I already am??? Or is this a normal 13 week kind-of-thing???

Page 17 of 19 FirstFirst ... 71516171819 LastLast