Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ July 2010

Lost bellybelly for a few days, wouldn't open up on my comp. *$&**## microsoft Vista

BABY GIRL
    Hope Positive Love - congratulations Mummy and Daddy. You just sent goosebumps all through me. Enjoy this special time. LOt's of kisses and hugs for your little girl.

Ferrals - OMG!!! Dropped the sample. Come on. And opening up with lines "We are off to a bad start" well you would expect the worse, why couldn't the first words have been "We haven't got a result, we dropped the f***ing sample". Your decision is totally warranted, wanting to leave yourself and poor bubs alone, prodding and needles, aagh, get away!! Kicking and rolling around at the u/s, yii haa. Well, I hope the morph scan at 14 weeks gives some clear and definitive answers. You'll be able to write a survival guide on 'coping with not knowing' by the end of all this.

Dory - YOU CAN DO IT (Arnold Swarzchnegger style).

Stars and sunshine - do you live in Melb? PM me. I bought a doppler and would love to lend it to you, coz. I know it gave me massive reassurance that I needed in those weeks after the 12 week scan. For some reason that was the scariest time for me. That white sticky stuff, high progesterone levels or something, definitely a good sign. Goes with the I'm too tender down there don't come near me. Which then get's forgotten about several weeks later when it's get over here boy, coz. your going to get it. haha

Forshelby - I don't know how you are doing it. Discrimination is so real. I was looking at another job a month ago, and they said congratulations on your pregnancy, and then in the next breath, "We will transfer your annual leave and long service leave entitlements over BUT NOT parental leave entitlements". 'Congratulations on your pregnancy', yeah right! Just felt so restricted, job changing during pregnancy sucks.

Murraycods - 20 weeks WOW.
    Murray, you've got a special place in my books, I remember when i joined bellybelly in November, what we were both going through. I just looked at your stats back then and thought how on earth is it ever going to happen for her. And here you are, here we both are. (I'm going to make myself cry, happy tears.)
    And Congrats to you for taking some time off, I hope it helps. I had so many names for myself when I decided to work 2 days only, 'princess' 'slack bum' etc, I think I was looking to justify why I put myself in a more 'precious' status than a lot of other girls who would just work full time, despite exhaustion and symptoms, right through their preg. I am influenced by my age, the concerted effort to get pregnant and the longing, aah the longing, to have a baby. One big reason I loved the IVF cousellor so much is that she just kept on saying take time off, reduce your hours, oh yeah and take some more time off... and I kept on listening to her... smile smile. Well, the flip side is the budget though. My solution, I've put a bit of pressure onto DH to increase his income, I think he is coping with the challenge.

JJ - I just read that low blood sugar increases nausea, so eat up. Don't know how true that is but my next shift I'll give that one a good trial. Dont' get much nausea at all at the moment except after work when I've been on my feet all day.

AFM - well better get back to bed now at this stupid hour of the day. Nausea settled after hot chocolate and jam on toast.
    Hi to all.

Sunshine and stars-it is a normal pregnancy thing i have the same since i have been pregnant i have drippy box and runny nose so i am going both ends YUK!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrals4 View Post
    Sunshine and stars-it is a normal pregnancy thing i have the same since i have been pregnant i have drippy box and runny nose so i am going both ends YUK!!!!
    ferrals, my breakfast ended up on my laptop screen

Iona- sorry lol but that was the best way to describe it.

haha i know ferrals but you always seem to get me unexpectedly....maybe I should start reading the posts after I've had breakfast lol

ferrals - majorly!!! I totally understand how Iona's breaky ended up on the screen. Total gut laugh.

surrounded by textbooks, cat toys and love

LMFAO FERRALS!! I love the way you say things! And for what it's worth I think your definitely doing the right in waiting til 20 weeks scan, which you could do at 18/19 weeks really. I can't believe they dropped the sample, that sucks so so so much. But your other results are just brilliant! And a dancing baby 12 week scan is really good! I really hope you can get the results from the sample, I think they'll be very reassuring.

HPL- YYYAAAAAAYYYYYYYY!!!! SUPER YAAAAAAAAYYYYYY!! So happy for you sweetheart, you got a little baby girl! Enjoy this special time

Dory: Your definitely at the pointy end now, the good thing about the c/s date is that you have a cut off point, by next thursday - no matter what- you will be holding your squirming little baby. You said before that when your having bad days you say to yourself ''I believe'', well I believe too. We all believe.

Forshelby: Ack those stupid interview thingies are so incredibly demoralising! Hugs sweetie, you can get through it.

AFM: Going pretty well, Tiger is just a big bump of wonderfulness! I'm kind of in-between though, not getting the uni grades I used to get (which my mother said she tried to prepare me for, thanks ma!) and a couple of my friends who were trying or wanting desperately to try for a baby have withdrawn now that I'm showing, so I feel like the things that used to be part of my identity aren't really there anymore, but I haven't adjusted to new things yet. It's very limbo. DH is wonderful though, he supports me so much and makes me feel so loved and valuable. It's just sad that my happiness makes some people I love dearly unhappy And I did some research on baby brain after my second not so good grade, and it turns out your brain SHRINKS during pregnancy. So at least I have an excuse

HPL congrats on the new baby

AFM i am going back under the rock but still keeping an eye out for everyone here. I am 19 weeks and 4 days and still no real movment good hb thou. On tuesday i have my 20 week scan.

Hi guys, just stopping in briefly. Scan went really well.

Bub was measuring at 13wks! Finally it's grown a bit quicker lol must be all those lollies and chocolate I've been eating lol

Heart rate was 150bpm, so 2bpm less than the 9wk scan, but still all good.

AND.............. it's a little wriggler! It was kicking and wriggling and turning around in circles (not that there is much room in there, which made me a bit worried... its it normal for the sac to be slightly flat and jellybean shaped? Also, I could see the edge of the sac in the picture we got... that seems a bit weird to me!

Anyway, I now know that it is defiantely bub that I have been feeling moving, as while I was having the scan I felt some it's more energetic kicks and wriggles while I was watching them on the screen. It was so amazing! It's been wriggling all morning too, especially just after I finished my brekkie of Nutrigrain lol

MS is almost gone - only had 2 days out the last 5 days where I felt a bit queasy in the mornings and that was yesterday and today. Although, I was watching bondi vet last night and they made a dog throw up to get a g-string that it had eaten out of its stomach and it almost amde me hurl watching that.

Hope everyone else is doing well!

Iona Macca - does it really happen like that, no time - no warning. eeeek

JJ - you lucky girl, feeling all those kicks

Hey hey ladies!

ferrals, ol' drippy box, sorry to hear about the kockup with your sample. That sucks. Sounds like it's a good one in there though, your little dancer.

Kit - isn't it the best time? Since 23 weeks I have just flt so lovely. The tiredness sort of wore off, physically I'm mostly quite comfortable, I just get to enjoy time with this wonderful little babe on board. Thanks for your birthday message, that was so lovely.

Our baby is flip flopping - it has turned head-up-head-down twice already today. Big gym session going on in there!

Oh, yeah, and watch 7pm project tonight

Hi all - I am back to the Dory most of you recognise - thanks for the words of advice.... and support. Just needed to sort through some things apparently. Glad the weepiness and glumness has gone... that was hard lonely work, getting through that.

Ferrals - I misread your post about the sample and went back and re read it. Oh babe, it is just terrible... I think you're doing the right thing... things are looking so good now for bubs and so different from Abbi's pregnancy.. I know you feel it in your ones that this pregnancy is different, and so it is. You can do it. Also glad to see you got your mojo bak with the "leaky box" comment and poor Ionas breakkie ended up where it shouldn't.

Kit - your brain is also preoccupied with directing very important resources to Tiger... so it's understandable that other things might slip. It is hard to adjust to a change in your identity. I sure have been through that with giving up work at 7 weeks and basically being house/bed bound. Thank God for BB. You are still a valuable and worthwhile person and you are doing something that is so very special right now - growing Tiger. And as someone said to me, when most people take mat leave, they have this identity crisis, you're just going through it a bit earlier. Sorry your friends have withdrawn, but babe, it's not about you, it's about them and what they can and can't cope with. Maybe they'll come around and maybe they won't, but it is absolutely nothing you've done. Still, makes it hard on you huh?

It's been really good to catch up with everyone. Sorry for no more persies. I am still feeling a bit drained, but I am def on the up again.. and looking forward to a weekend with DH, and if it's not raining we might even go for a little walk in the park, so very cool. Just wanted to let you know I am getting m mojo back.

Belly rubs.

Dorys getting her mojo back!!

So happy hun. For some reason you have the most cause to be stressed and down but you are normally the one holding everyone else together, Its ok that you needed a turn but so happy that you are on the up and up again!

Enjoy your walks and time with DH, nice that he is home now for a few days! End of pregnancy is hard enough without your history. Just have faith that you will make the right decision for your family, whatever that is! Thats the best any of us can do!

Tegam - thanks! It does feel good to have the mojo back. Is it hard in late pregnancy for most people do you think? I don't have anything else to go on. My MIL keeps telling me to rest and take it easy... which I am doing... but now the stitch is out, and there are no prohibitions on doing things, it's nice to think about doing some things. There's no way I could over do it, my body is very clear about when it needs a rest and I listen to it.

Oh Dory late pregnancy is the worst! your body is so tired from working so hard for so long. Your sleep patterns are off! I have great pregnancies and i HATE the last few weeks!

Hey that means you can DTD!!!! Might help things along????

Dory - So happy you're getting your mojo back, hun. Almost there! We all believe in your bod and your babe, and you're going to be a very strong and special mummy.

Sunshine - Don't worry, love... I've got that stuff going on down there too. Sometimes I'm a little surprised by how much. It doesn't really bother me though.... it is definitely increasing though. I dread to think how much there will be at 40wks! I have an image of a can of shaving cream dispensed all at once..... hahahaha OMG

TFAF - Not only is discrimination real and happening, but there's workplace harassment as well. So I get to trade one for the other. Though nobody's discriminated against me yet, and I really don't feel I want a job right now, being pg and all. DP can support us financially, so for now I'll play along, do what I have to do, apply for jobs that appeal to me, and trust in peoples small-mindedness to NOT hire me. Still, I have to stop complaining and remember that this stuff beats being treated like dirt by a coworker who had NO authority over me, and management ignoring my complaints. Really, this stuff isn't so bad when you compare the two! Thanks for the support though, it's nice to know I'm not the only one who's experienced this stuff. And I see you're still experiencing nausea at 16wks! *sigh* I was hoping mine would be gone by now too.... looks like we can both be nauseous together, right through our pgs. LOL

Ferrals - LOL.... I love how candid you are. Here I was all worried about my 'shaving cream' comment...... and you're just keeping it real, telling it how it is. Love that. Thanks for the laugh!

Kit - Thanks, hun. I think I was just having a really emo day, haha. I could have cried when I walked out of that place, but then I remembered how much worse things could be. I'm just going to focus on the bubs and try to grit my teeth and smile through it all. I have heard that the brain shrinks during pg, which is good and explains my recent stupidity. Also, I know the limbo feeling. I'm still adjusting to being a lady of leisure, and now I have to be a lady of leisure looking for work pg lady. WTF? It is hard that some of your friends have withdrawn because you're showing... but I'm sure you, like the rest of us all understand. It's hard, and I guess they're doing the right thing for them and their needs. Just remember, it doesn't mean they don't care, they just need to keep their distance for their own sake. I think we've all been there. With that said, we're all excited and so pleased you're happy and enjoying your pg. Ok none of that came out as elegantly as I'd hoped, but I'm going to blame that one on baby brain, too. Upon further pondering.. I'm just going to say: "what Dory said". She always says it so well.

Angelfish - *lifts rock and shouts underneath it* Good luck for your 20wk scan! *gently puts rock back down*

JennaJayen - Hooray for a wriggling bub! Mine was the same at the 12wk scan, and from memory, yes the gestational sac was kind of... jellybeanesque. So glad your ms is subsiding, also. Can you tell mine to go wherever the heck yours went away to?

AFM - I still don't have anything really exciting to add.... being a lady of leisure sure makes for slow news days. Ooh, I know. I'm going for another appointment in a week's time and we'll get to hear bubs heartbeat! Exciting. Other than that, my bump is showing, and growing, and my SIL feels the need to make harsh and ignorant comments. Implying the baby is too big for its gestation.. (which it is not, according to every medical professional I've come in contact with) and that I need to exercise (as if that will make the baby shrink? wtf??). I think I'll be steering clear of her for ummmm.. the duration of my pg. Oh and until my child is 18. LOL

Lifts up rock Hi forshelby and everyone else puts rock back down

hey girls a quick post from me thought i would let you all know we are expecting a little BOY!!!!
    we are so thrilled, dh is relieved no wiping girly bits lol.
    he's already a snuggly baby, got photos and dvd of him snuggling my tummy and its the front of my tummy, so we think he likes listening in alot.
    theirs no mistaking he's a boy got some photos of his package lol.
    looks half like lincoln and half like tobias so a good mixture, and we are going to name him jakob, which we think he defently looks like a jakob. oh i am so happy and i tell dh i am so inlove with our jakob lol, he is just so cute in the photos, and i cant wait to meet him in feb. i want to snuggle all my boys together!

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast