Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast

Thread: Pregnancy after miscarriage or loss ~ September 2010

Reet-having a meltdown now we spoke to the geneticist today and they said SLO can have a wide variation and siblings effected with it can show no obvious signs or all of them like Abbi so they want me to have an amnio so we are booked in for 10am monday morning and the results will take about 3 days OMG!!!! what if she has it!

Ferrals - Things are looking up so far.... I really hope all is ok and you get that good news you're waiting for. I think them reccomending you have the amnio isn't neccesarily a bad sign, but I can understand how it would make you worry. Try to take things one step at a time...... FX all goes well and you can breathe a huge sigh of relief.

Mildez - I agree with Reet, you're luck to have access to a u/s and doppler whenever you want.

Reet - The trip down here wasn't too bad. There was an annoying lady sitting next to us, on the aisle seat who wouldn't get up and let us off the plane! I swear we sat there for a good 10 minutes before she even looked like moving. Oh and the taxi driver was a bit on the crazy side, driving in 2 lanes at once etc... I was a bit edgy after that, lol. Anyhoo we made it and I'm exhausted already, and trying not to worry about my little puppy and kitty. I hope they aren't scared without us there. Don't feel too self conscious about your belly...... and maybe try a sip of coffee to get things going. Works for me! LOL. Good luck for your appointment

Angelfish - I'm sorry your partner isn't being very involved or supportive..... that will all change once baby arrives though.

AFM - Too tired to update much.... travelling really takes it out of me these days! I'm looking forward to a delicious roast dinner, and then a nice sleep. I think my feet are actually swollen. They seem just a little puffy.

Forshelby: Thanks for asking about Audrey - she is an angel still, I seriously hope she stays like this.. Enjoy your pregnancy I wish I was pregnant again lol DP can't wait for baby number 2.. Oh help me now, I think we'll be having a bunch a kids if it were up to him...

Ferrals: First, YAY for a Girl!! That is wonderful news, Second, try try try and stay positive! As Dory said, talk talk talk talk and talk some more with your husband, I know you've booked for the amnio but still talk to him about your concerns... Don't think that the results will be bad, try and stay positive, and focus on that precious little gilr inside you, if and only IF the results come back and they're not the best, then it's time to think about what you and DH are going to do, but right now you just focus on that lovely little bundle of joy in there!! If wish I could give you the biggest hug!!!!

Welcome all the New Belly's - Great to see new Bubba's on the way!

Quote Originally Posted by ferrals4 View Post
    OMG!!!! what if she has it!
    Then all our hearts will break into a million fragments. This way you will know! Bring on thursday next week so we can all celebrate!

HI ladies!

Ferrals cant imagine the stress that you must be feeling, just when you think you can breathe, that air gets sucked away again... hold on to the positive signs that you have... remember you were always happy that this little bubs pregnancy test came up quickly and nice and strong where as darling Abbi's didnt appear as fast... hold on to the hope of those little things, try and have faith... its all you can do right now... and know that we are behind you every step of the way! xx

reet - hope all went perfectly at your appt today!!!

Mildez - Yay for the 13wks, still cant beleive how quickly that has gone!!!

love to all xx

Forshelby-mmmmmmm!!! roast dinner enjoy.

God love you girls you brought tears to my eyes.
    I cant talk to my family i am trying to hold it together for them i am so scared i cant tell them as they are scared too you are my shoulders to cry on i just didnt think i would get this far along without knowing if bub was ok you just dont expect the risky testing to fail.
    I am trying to look at the positive 75% chance she is ok and so far she looks normal but i also look at the way we have fallen in love with her and how much i am begging god to let me keep her and i just am feeling dread i am just waiting for the inevitable to come and rip our hearts out i hope i am wrong but i am also glad the waiting will be over by the end of next week.
    Here goes to no sleeping again.

ferralst-hopes said everything that i was. But please i know its hard think postive you already have so many good results already. On here you have so many people that care for you and your family. I started to cry when i heard that you had to go in for a test that you really did not want to have but i think the dr is right. I pray for you and your lil one everynight to be okay.

Just a quickie from me cos its late and i gotta get myself to beddybyes!

Had ob appointment today, it went really well When looking at the screen of that little wriggling thing i still find it so hard to believe that it is inside me! IYKWIM?! I think only now i am truly believing that there is a little gorgeous dh and me growing.. i know women have been doing it for ever but isnt having a baby the most beautiful and special thing ever! Haha as u can tell im still on cloud 9! I am actually really excited about u/s on wednesday now.. it will be so beautiful having dh there with me (he gets back late tomoro and then leaves again thurs morning) He has wanted a baby since he was 20.. yes weird coming from a guy i know! It will be a really special moment. It will be nice seeing the baby on a good u/s machine too.. my obs. is just a small one so it isnt too clear.. or it might just be me cos he was telling me that the baby had its hand on its face but i cldnt see it! haha hopefully i get a bit better at 'reading' u/s's soon!

Ferrals my darling i truly do believe that u will get happy news next week.. im glad that u are getting the amnio.. u will finally get the answer that u have been longing for for so long. Pls pls pls try and only think of the positives.. i know its hard.. but honestly everything has gone so beautifully so far.. its all pointing to a gorgeous healthy little girl. We will all be so happy for u when u get those great results next week. I hate that this journey has been so difficult for u and continues to be.. i cant even begin to understand what u have gone thru. I really hope u manage to get some good sleep in.. days are so much easier to get thru when ur rested up... i hope that dh of urs is giving u some good lovin at night to help u to sleep better.. from what u have said im sure he is! xx

T-hopes- 1 week til ur u/s??! Yay!!! How are u feeling?

Forshelby- Oh i hate ppl that sit there when the doors are open on the plane.. i think i wld have just pushed past.. altho that wld be a bit hard with a pg tummy! Plane trips are cramped and long enough.. u dont want to have to sit there any longer then u have too! I also hate crazy taxi drivers.. i think majority of them are! Or they just try and rip u off..
    Hope u enjoyed ur roast dinner.. yum! Well yum from the old me.. roasts havent appealed to me for a while which is very weird.. maybe if i was smelling it it wld be different tho! Hows ur grandma? Bet shes so happy to see u!

So much for a quick post!! Really gotta get myself to bed now!!

Nite nite all xx

ferrals Ok I've been hiding out in here, but I'm confident that at the end of next week, we'll be joining our belly buddies group and chatting about prams and nurseries too. And btw, congrats on bubs being a girl!!!

Audax oh my goodness i can't wait for the bouncing belly!

forshelby Welcome to Melbourne!! You're lucky the weather has been beautiful over the last few days! Oh and in Melbourne, driving over 2 lanes is perfectly normal if you're on the same street as a tram... and I can't believe I've accepted it as normal either lol.

T-Hopes Welcome and Congrats! It's so good to see you here!

Ric I hope you're relaxing and trying to enjoy your bed rest!

TFAF I will be finding out the sex on the 3rd of Nov and I'm getting crap from my family about it too. DH doesn't even want to know, so that will be an interesting secret to share with only a select few! (ie none of my family lol). I don't care. I'm certainly not going to please everyone during this child's life, so why start trying now? How did your scan go??

kellbell welcome!! It's so good to see you here! Congrats!!

Reet it's about time!! Welcome

sunshine and stars how did your appt go?

Kit hope you're feeling better!

glenglen welcome and congrats

angelfish I'm sorry your BF isn't being more supportive Don't let it sway your confidence. Be strong

My M/W appt was brilliant! I was able to hear the baby's HB for the first time! Also my blood pressure is perfect, so I'm off the meds! wooot wooot!

This week has started very well! m/s is starting to ease, and I have some energy back too. Yay for the 2nd trimester!!

I had a pretty amusing experience the other day. I put on a dress that I've worn maybe twice before (which btw DH said at the time looked good on me) and DH, to my absolute delight, said "it makes you look pregnant... like... more pregnant than you are". Now, he's pretty freakin lucky that I'm pregnant now, but I WASN'T LAST TIME I WORE IT!!! I wanted to slap him right then and there lol

Ms Kara-- THAT IS HYSTERICAL! Just the kind of thing that I can imagine a spouse saying!!! He's lucky you didn't slap him one!

Ferrals-- You, my dear, are a strong lady! Thinking of you and your little one...

My appointment went well--- so far, so good. I had a blood test for birth defects, but I won't find out for a while. UgH. Also, a flu shot... which I expected since I come into contact with a lot of people. This week is the scan-- the one that checks to see if the baby is growing properly. I am trying not to stress.
    Sometimes I can distract myself...other times, it's a melt down.

Sorry no more personals from me today...I am at work, even though it is technically a holiday. I am making up hours that I missed from last week.

Best to all.

everyone...I know im so boring but i really just dont have a lot in anything interesting going on at the moment. Busy with the kids, DH away til sunday, and had the GCT test today, Yucko! Results friday!

Dory is well, we text the past few days. Hannah is putting on weigh and dory sounds liks such a lovely mummy!

Ferrals: hugs hun!

Will do better personals tomorrow i hope but glad to hear everyones appointments have been going well!

Hello to everyone its been quiet in here

Saw my New OB today and he did a scan for me and gave me a pic so we were stoked the baby didn't stop moving the whole time and made it hard to measure but seems to be the right size and HB of 162 so im relieved for a few days at least.

My BP was high but i think it was anxiety and he wants me on aspirin till 36 weeks - is anyone else on aspirin in here?
    the midwife in the office was a cow though i said i thought i had felt the baby move a few times and she shot me down in flames told me i was feeling bowel and i wont feel it till 18 weeks at least
    Anyway i felt my DD at 16 weeks so i dont believe her
    hope she dosent come near me in labour!

HPL - Hehe, yeah pity your DH isn't the one doing the labouring. If it were up to men to give birth nobody would have kids. LOL

Ferrals - You're almost there, hun. I hope you get the all clear and you can relax at last.

Reet - Oh yay, can't wait for your scan tomorrow. And yes, having a baby IS the most special thing ever. I would have pushed past if I could even stand up to do that LOL. She was in our row, on the aisle seat, and DP and I were crammed in the window and middle seats. She could have moved to the other side of the aisle and waited for her friends, but NOOOOO, she had to stand up, turn around and have a chat while the entire plane emptied and DP and I just sat there staring at her. I was shocked. I was ready to say 'MOVE, NOW!' when she saw the expression on my face and finally moved. The taxi was ah... interesting lol. The roast dinner was lovely, and Grandma is in her element with us here, lol. Technically she's not MY Grandma, she's DP's, but I've adopted her because she's just so cute.

Mskara - No, we weren't on a tram street...... it was on the freeway. And cars were beeping their horns and getting pretty upset about it. Please tell me it's not normal to drive in 2 lanes on the freeway!!! I'm glad your ms is starting to ease, and [email protected] your DH! Mine did something similar. I came out of the bedroom and he just looked at me and grinned his head off. I knew it was time to get changed. LOL

AFM - Right now we're sitting in the lounge with Grandma watching the automated message on foxtel telling you to upgrade because you don't have those channels. LOL.. I don't have the heart to say anything, she's having a jolly good time pushing buttons and chatting away. She says 'Oh there isn't much on tonight.' I love how she can enjoy things that aren't even things, if that makes sense. Hehehehe. Oh, and baby has been going OFF! Ever since we got here, I've been getting all kinds of movements. Pretty much all afternoon today I've had lots and lots of butterflies, and stretchy feelings.. I think there was a somersault in there. I can't believe how suddenly the movements became more obvious. There was another one just then! Exciting. I guess bubby is excited to be in Melbourne, lol. I just wish this rain would go away now.............. It's no fun getting out and about in this kind of weather.

i forgot to say GOOD LUCK tomorrow Reet cant wait to hear all about it im excited for you

Kellbell yeah midwife is a cow lol I'm a midwife and I felt my bub for the first time just before 11weeks. I feel it stronger now but not more frequent unfortunately and am almost 14weeks.

Reet cant wait to hear the news

Ferrals- thinking of you hoping everything is going well

Kellbell~ trust wha you know and forget what the midwife said about you not really feeling the movement

AFM~ So a couple of weeks ago i posted how i felt slight movement down low and now i dont feel anything. I am 23 weeks pregnate with a anterior placenta. I went to the drs today he listened to the heart(160) and said that the baby's heart is very strong and not to really worry. If by the next appointment which i will be 26 weeks along i don't feel anything that i would have to go in everyweek and get monitored twice a week. Should i be worried or concered i am a diebectic but i have been doing really well i am diet controled so far. I hate leaving with no real answers and having to wait again.

Kellbell- i have heard of plenty of women who have felt their babies move early i myself having 5 pregnancies have felt this one the earliest at 13 weeks for sure.

Reet-cant wait to hear how things go for you.

Angelfish-not to sure but i would think the doctor is just taking precautions like i said my ex SIL felt almost no movement becuase of her placenta.

AFM-hubby took me out to the movies last night and kept me out until 1:30 so i would be real tired and sleep better well 5 hours later i was up couldnt sleep i just feel so defeated i told hubby i wont end this pregnancy until i hit the 20 weeks i want her to have a birth certificate and be recognised as a baby not a termination like Abbi was that still makes me uncomfortable reading her paper work and there is no record of her ever existing other than she is registered as being cremated for legal reasons i have also looked at beautiful burial gowns for tiny preemy stillborns Abbi didnt get anything like that she had a blanket and a cardigan and beenie and booties that were to big for her so i am prepared for what might come i hope i am wrong what i would give to be wrong i just feel i have lost this battle too i am having a few days away with family so i wont post for a few days love to all of you.

Angelfish - Sorry, I don't have any answers about your movement question. The anterior placenta could really be interfering with you being able to feel bubs. I hope you get some good strong kicks soon.

Ferrals - Aw hun that made me so sad hearing about the preparations you've made..... I hope you're wrong and instead are looking at beautiful gowns for her to wear to her naming ceremony or similar. Huge hugs to you, hun. I'll be looking forward to hearing your results, of course, and hoping for good news.

AFM - Today would have been our angel baby's 2nd birthday. Happy birthday, little one. You haven't been forgotten.

Page 16 of 18 FirstFirst ... 61415161718 LastLast