Thread: 16wks ~ Colostrum/milk already!!

*Beccy* Guest

Default 16wks ~ Colostrum/milk already!!

Hi ~ sorry if TMI.

I am 16w3d. I have a 4yo DD.

My bb's started to feel funny this morning and have been REALLY sore the past few days. I decided to check them out and see if they had changed etc etc..and when I squeezed, out come so much colostrum and white (I presume early b/milk) that it filled a whole tissue. The other side had more clear/milky stuff.

Why do you think I am producing so much already?? Is it because I breastfed for 2years with DD and my body is remembering???

Has anyone else encountered this with subsequent pregnancies??

Beccy

I haven't had it happen with mine yet, maybe the occasional drop of clear fluid, but I was just reading on a week to week pregnancy book about how during your second trimester your breasts may start producing a small amount of milk in preparation but usually it settles down again before the second trimester.

It might be just one of those annoying things! I wouldn't say there is anything wrong, I started leaking with my first pregnancy at about 24 weeks, and it was embarrassing!
    Maybe time to invest in some breast pads? Dont ya just hate that!!!
    Everyone said to me that they have never seen an early leaker who couldn't breastfeed, so maybe you will just be a good cow like I was There are worst things I spose.

i started leaking at 18 weeks this preganacy, and it as been 9 years since i gave birth, with all my preganacys i was producing colostrum early on, i dont think its anything to worry about, so as Fi said, maybe invest in some breast pads!

*Beccy* Guest

Thanks to everyone who responded!

Fi ~ I was a very good "cow" while feeding DD...lol So I am hoping that it's a good sign that I will continue to feed well with this next one!

Thanks
    Beccy

sonsangel Guest

I had leaked from 24wk with my first pregnancy and this one I leaked before I even got a positive pregnancy test but just knew that this was a sign that I was.

I have had engorged bb's and what we think was mastitis at 15wks preg too. Bloody hormones is all I can say. I don't mind though at least like you say it could be a good sign our milk supply is going to be a plentiful one.