Thread: 17.5 weeks and they refused to give me an U/S!!

mizzsocial Guest

Default 17.5 weeks and they refused to give me an U/S!!

Hey Ladies..

Im feeling really fustrated at the moment.. I called the Ultrasound place last week to book a u/s.. and the receptionist told me that she could book me in for today and i told her i was only 17.5 weeks pregnant and she said that was fine.. so today im all excited about the appointment, and i go there and the tech says to me that im too early for this scan, and that she would have to re-book me for the 10th..??

Was she right to send me away???? Im sooo upset!

abs Guest

it is a bit early... Bubs is still growing, and they normally do this next scan at around 18-20? weeks from memory. So at 17.5 weeks, putting you back a week is probably the right thing to do

Remember, at this stage they are growing around 1cm a week, and lots of things are still forming. Could well be that some things simply aren't ready to be seen yet...

Good luck for the scan next week

Mizzsocial - sorry to hear of the let down. Can't tell you whether they were right or wrong in not doing it today although it was definitely slack for them not to get it right in the first place especially since you made it clear how far along you would be for the date they were proposing. Looking forward to hearing your news next week instead.

Melbourne, Victoria, Australia, Australia

Yep they like to do 18-20 weeks scan for the main growth and development scan. Wont be long!
    Kelly xx

Creator of BellyBelly.com.au, doula, writer and mother of three amazing children
    Author of Want To Be A Doula? Everything You Need To Know
    Follow me in 2015 as I go Around The World + Kids!
    Forever grateful to my incredible Mod Team and many wonderful members who have been so supportive since 2003.

I'm sorry you were let down. Thats a bit harsh saying your fine when it wasn't. They should have said something in the first place. If the receptionist wasn't sure, she should of asked, not guessed. The 10th isn't that long away though. Are you going to find out the sex?

mizzsocial Guest

Thanks for the replies!! At least now i know its for the best to wait..

Yes im finding out the sex.. If bubba will show us.

I am so sorry you were let down and now upset. :hug;

It probably was a little early to do the scan and another week is not that long to go and at least you will still get to see bubs, only a little bigger.

Good luck when you do have your scan on the 10th.

I actually had my scan at 17.5 weeks - then i had to go back again 2 weeks later to get the measurements done ( not that it bothered me coz i got to see mahatt mahatt again. Its not too far for you to wait - i would be real upset if they had of said come back in a few weeks!!!

That is so disappointing, the receptionist shouldn't have misled you like that, I know how exciting it is, I couldn't sleep the night before mine last time! I hope the time flies for you until the 10th!

I am so sorry thatyouhaveto go back and that the receptionist mislead you.. At least it is only a week... Bet you are dying to find out... I am sure time will fly to the 10th

angelique Guest

Can i just say girls that i have not meet any ruder people throughout my pregnancy than sonographers!! Some of them are just not nice at all.

I would demand it sweetie and tell them YOU are paying for it and it is YOUR right.

Dont let them make you feel bad at all. They are there to do their job and they should do it well.

2 days should not make a difference anyway.

Good luck

mizzsocial Guest

Quote Originally Posted by angelique
    Can i just say girls that i have not meet any ruder people throughout my pregnancy than sonographers!! Some of them are just not nice at all.
    You are totally right!! With my son, i had such mean sonographers.. arghhh especially one lady was really nasty, and my mum put her back in her place!!

angelique Guest

hi mizzsocial,

My husband walked out on one ultrasound because the lady was being so rude. But he told her where to go hehehehe.

I just wish that sonographers would be nice. Pregnancy is such a special thing and ultrasounds are your only chance of seeing your bubba. When they are rude it ruins the whole experience.