Thread: 18 week scan

Default 18 week scan

Hi girls,

I had my 18 week scan today and it was fantastic, bub is going really well.
    DH and I decided on the way to the ultrasound place that we would find out bubby's sex if the sonographer could get a good picture down there.(ha,ha) Well, bubby didn't want to play the game so we are none the wiser, however the man doing the scan said he got the briefest of brief looks and said that if was to say he'd lean towards a boy, he thought he saw a penis but when he had a closer investigation he said it was infact the cord. So it looks like another surprise in store.

Hope you are all going really well.
    Take care Leah

Yay on a good scan Leah. Bumma that bub didn't want to cooperate though.

Leah, I can`t get over your 18 weeks already OMG where did that time go. I`m so happy for you and DH that the scan went well but bugger that bubs didn`t want to play ball. Perhaps you could ask for another scan down the track to find out the sex.

Take Care

Deeanne

Custardtart Guest

I had my 18-20 week scan today too! I was so relieved, my husband was so worried about the possibility of Downs Syndrome, but there's no sign of it. Everything was as perfect as could be with the way the baby has grown and is moving, and the doc is 98% certain that it's a boy - although he told me not to throw out the pink babyclothes just yet

It's funny, the first two neither DH nor I wanted to find out the gender, this time we both wanted to know! I'm happy, I was secretly hoping we'd have a boy this time, although I'd love a girl just as much if we're mistaken.

Kerrie

Dee: how are you going? not long now for you. I agree 18 weeks has gone so fast, think it's because we have been so busy. I asked if we had another scan but was told no, can i request one from my Dr can I ?

I certainly can breathe easy again now, it was the best feeling seeing the bub and knowing that all is ok. Can't wait to me the little one, impatient already.

We only decided today like i said to find out the sex, and seeing as though we couldn't I want to know even more now. We always seem to want more then we can get don't we.

Thanks for your replies. Take care Leah

Hi Kerrie,

Glad your scan went well. We were the same as you and your DH it was really strange but just out of the blue we both just said yeah lets find out bubs sex, would of been nice to know but bub wasn't cooperating.

So, when is your bub due Kerrie?
    I'm due 17th September.

Take care Leah

Leah - If I was you I`d try to ask my Dr for another scan, hopefully he`ll agree.

It is a great feeling seeing our little ones at the 18/20 week scan, it`s all quite amazing really.

I`m doing ok, just the normal late pregnancy symptoms of feeling tired, uncomfortable and this heat is really getting to me.

Take Care

Deeanne

Deeanne - I think i will ask my Dr for a scan for sure, i really want to know the sex of bub now. Think she will give me a refferal with no questions as she is all for extra care after a m/c.

This weather is crazy isn't it, dosen't know what it's doing. Hope the fine weather holds out over the weekend for me as I am having a surprise 30th for my DH, having about 40 people coming.

Take care Leah

Custardtart Guest

I'm due the 10th of September, right at the beginning of the school holidays which will be nice for the kids

Kerrie

Congratulations on great scans, Leah and Kerrie.

Kerrie - Congrats on finding out you are having a little boy!

And Leah - best of luck with getting another scan to be able to find out your bubbies gender... and congrats on a great scan anyway!

great news on the scans girls
    sorry bubs werent being too cooperative, maybe u can ask for another scan

take care
    Lesley