Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 18 week scan, boy or girl? Who's knows, and who is finding out?

Default 18 week scan, boy or girl? Who's knows, and who is finding out?

We are hopefully going to find out the sex of your new bubba this afternoon. Just wanting to know who has already and who plans to find out.

I was told, that if they say it's a boy they are almost definate and it's safe to say it will be for obvious reasons, but if they say it's a girl, that it may still be a boy as it's possible the little penis just got missed. Has anyone else heard this before? Do you think it's true? It sort of makes sense to me.
    Last edited by Meluchja; February 5th, 2007 at 08:52 AM.

Apparently in about 7 months I will be a qualified midwife - yikes!

Mel, I will definately be finding out, I have too much to arganise with 2 littlies already.

With DS 2 I was told a girl at the 12/13 week scan and at the 19 weeks scan I was told it was a boy!

I have a friend who was told in 3 ultrasounds thru her pgcy that she was expecting a girl. Labour came and out popped a boy! Boy was her family shocked and they all had to run out and buy boys clothes Hehehe!
    Yes, being told a boy generally means they can see the unmistakable willy and boy bits, being told it's a girl, generally means they "can't see" any obvious boy bits so they assume it's a girl. Mind you, they were right with both of mine!

We wont be finding out. We didnt with DS1 and DS2 and after much thought about whether to or not this time around we have decided not to. I know I will be dying to ask at the scan but I will try and be strong. I will just have to get excited over everyone elses news over the next couple of weeks!!

I heard of that before too. My friend from high school, her parents were told there were having another girl right through there pregnancy, but out pops a boy. They were thrilled, but busy painting over the pink room, and exchanging all the pink clothes and accessories that had bought. he he he

Jemima, I loved the excitment of not knowing with our DD, everyone whould try and guess right up until he/she pops out, even the doc was having a punt.
    DH wanted to find out with her, but I didn't so it's only far that this time round we find out, plus I'm exciting about knowing now too. But either way I find exciting.

I cant wait to find out the sex of my lil one!! I have a feeling that it is a boy and ofcourse DP thinks its a boy so its going to be interesting to see if we are right!. Only another 22 sleeps to go!

I was told that a good sonographer knows what to look for to make a fairly informed decision, rather than just a lack of penis etc for a girl. (ie. there are 3 lines that they look for in a little girl)

I was still worried up until the moment that Maddy was born that she might turn out to be a boy when we had prepared for a girl, despite three u/s from 20weeks plus telling us it was a girl. *L*

I had my scan last week i wanted to know but DP didn't this is the 2nd scan i have had and i think bubba doesn't want me to know as hands moved when i asked to cover what ever was there lol but from what he could see he says girl i have another scan at 30 weeks i wont ask again as i have 2 times already and both times bub was keepin covered i have had a feeling it was a girl but i don't mind at all as long as everything is fine .. it is so exciting not knowin with DD i didnt find out and when i had her i asked what she was and they turned her for me to see i was far too tired to see after a 59 hr labour so i had to ask my mum

Mel - do let us know what you are having....I can't wait to hear!!

I would LOVE to find out but muy DH doesn't Its going to be hard when they ask that question at the scan (7 more sleeps). But he promised we could find out with the next one

I have heard of some stories where they have said its a girl....and its a boy!

I was desperate to find out the gender at my 18 week scan but the baby had other ideas! My little one was straddling the umbilical cord so the sonographer took a bone measurement and gav a "guess". I'll be interested to see if the guess was right when bub pops out!

My husband was absolutely fangin' to find out. The sonographer couldn't tell, which I am kind of happy about because I'd still have that nagging thing in the back of my brain - "What if they were wrong!"

My friend had one of those 3d scans (the ones where you get a picture of the baby and it looks like it's stuck in a glass bottle) and their is absolutely no doubt about what she was having AT ALL. Sure enough, it was right on the nut.

It's a Boy, It's a Boy, It's a Boy, It's a Boy, It's a Boy, It's a Boy, It's a Boy, It's a Boy.
    Well the Sonographer said she was as sure as she could be without being 100%. She showed us the scrotum and the little penis, well it didn't look that little.
    So happy just have to decide on a boys name now.

Yay Mel - how exciting. I have been waiting all arvo to hear the news and am very happy for you and your DH and DD. Now you can go out and start buying little boys clothes - there are so many cute outfits out there for boys.

Hmmmmmmmmm........ yes. The dangly bits are a bit of a give away.

Congratulations!!

Congratuations Mel

Congratulations!

We found out what we are having.....and we are not telling anyone! They can have a nice surprise at the birth.

Congrats Mel, exciting isnt it?

We found out what we were having too, i was in two minds about finding out but Rick was determined to find out. At the scan he was almost finished when i bravely asked him what it was, my mum was there as well as Rick and she was like its a BOY, and the guy laughed and said yes its a boy! I think we will keep the next one a secret!

Congrats once again

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast