thread: 20 week ultrasound

Aug 2005
    central coast

20 week ultrasound

ok here goes:

i have just booked in for my 20 week scan, which i thought was anywhere between 18-20 weeks, anyway i have booked the date, this will be my 3rd scan, going by my first scan i will be 18w 1day, or going by my second scan i will be
    19w 1day...the receptionist told me they like to see you between 19-20 weeks, so my question if i am only 18+1 when i have the scan can they still find out everything there looking for? mind you i rang another scan place and they said they like to see you between 20-22weeks???

thanks

Dec 2007
    Sunny Qld

i think i had my scan with aricyn at 20.5 weeks, but I know my sister just had her scan at 18 weeks. probably depends on the place you are going to :-)

Jul 2006

With DD1 i had it done at 22 weeks cos thats what my GP asked for

DD2 i had one done at 18+1 and they couldnt find everything they needed so i had to go back at 21 weeks.

Dec 2005

When pg with Nina, I was 18 weeks and they could tell what sex it was.

Jun 2007

Yeh when I went for my second scan they said there is a big difference with what they can see between 19 and 20 weeks and to book closer to the 20 week mark. I went in at about 19 weeks 3 days and they were able to do all the diagnostic tests they needed as well as tell the sex of bubs too. It is amazing the detail they actually go into at this one. Looking at the chambers of the heart, measuring the parts of the brain etc. Good luck..maybe change your booking to a bit later. Better than having to pay twice
    Mel

Apr 2007
    gold coast

the place i have booked wanted me at 19 weeks not 18. i was so cranky cause it stopped me gettin in b4 xmas lol.

Jan 2006
    The Hawkesbury

Chrissy.. i was 18 weeks and 6 days with Jesse at that scan and they got everything fine.. and could tell the sex too quite easy.

Mar 2005
    Brisbane

I've always heard that it is meant to be between 18 and 20 weeks. My OB told me to book it for that 2 week window as well...

I hope they can still see what they need to at 18 because I have booked mine for 18+5days and it is in Brisbane so I won't be able to go back for another if they can't see all the bits and pieces they need to...

Last time I had it dead on 19 weeks and there were no problems.

Oct 2007

I just looked and I was 18+ weeks, i was tols aslong as its between 18-20 weeks.

Aug 2005
    central coast

thanks girls,

i will be either 18+1 or 19+1, so i will stick to that appointment, but i have made another appointment, which i will be over 20 weeks,JIC they cant find what they are after.