Thread: 20 wk check up - what to expect?

Default 20 wk check up - what to expect?

Hiya ladies,
    I have my 20 week check up on Wed. and was wondering what to expect? My first check up was with a midwife, but this one is with the gyno/ob guy....is it just a lot of questions and answers or will there be examinations?
    Thanks.
    ps: isn't it just weird how many celebrities have had babys in the last two or three weeks? There's about five! Talk about group planning......

Last edited by chocolatecatty; June 7th, 2006 at 11:26 AM.

mizzsocial Guest

Hey!!

At 20 weeks, he will check the babys heartrate, measure fundal height, check your blood pressure, possibly write you out some pathology scrips for the 28 gluclose challenge/iron levels/GBS etc..
    If you have already had your 18-20 week scan, he will discuss results with you..
    Talk to you about any questions, or concerns you might have...
    If you havent already booked into a hospital, that will proberly be done too..

Its all pretty standard.

So nothing to fear! Thanks for that

Nope nothing to fear, you shouldn't need a "examination" aka internal unless there is a concern & you are more then welcome to refuse it if your Ob does it as a standard thing.
    With my 2nd pg I refused one twice as there was just no need to go poking around up there!

Just had my 20 week check.
    She did my BP, went through my notes, listened to bublets heart beat (exciting!), my heartbeat (not half as exciting!), checked my boobs and talked about my next check up.

Very good!
    Hey we are due the same day!

FionaJill - how cool we're both due at the same time! I wonder if my snail will beat your dragonfly?!
    The race is on!