Thread: 22 weeks - no definite movement

Default 22 weeks - no definite movement

This must be my night for worrying!

After all the books and forums I've read I feel like a bit of a failure cause they all say they have felt movements anywhere from 14 weeks till 20 weeks. I'm 22 weeks tomorrow and even though there might have possibly been a couple of flutters, I'm not really sure I've felt a proper move. I know the baby is okay cause it was moving like mad in the 20 week u/s and the heartbeat was great at ob appointment but now I'm starting to worry.

Anyone else not feel much till after 22 weeks?

My ob did say 22 weeks is very normal for first baby but I'm not so sure.....??

I am not feeling much at all.. few flutters and little kicklike things but i think i may not know what to look out for...
    Do you have an anterior placenta? I do and this apparently masks the feelings for a while longer. My OB said it may be a while til I feel definite KICKS!!!

I was going to suggest the same in regards to the anterior placenta. I had one with Tehya and it seriously took ages before I felt her wriggling around. I too was starting to stress alittle.

Every baby and pregnancy is different though, I am sure in a few weeks you will be complaining about how much the movements hurt

My placenta is posterior (and a little bit on the side). I've only been sure of movement in the last week or so and this is my first. So if you have an anterior one, it could still easily be another week or so.

Hi Jodie
    It is not unusual not to feel movements until after 22 weeks. You may well have had some movement and thought it was wind. Some people describe the first movements like a butterfly or bubbles in their tummy. I would expect you to start feeling movements in the next few days

Hi there - I didnt feel much until after 20 weeks and even then at times it was just slight butterfly like flutters and I thought it was wind. Once I started getting definate kicks though it didnt ease off - even now when we are quite squashed and clearly out of room! Good luck and I hope your little one reassures you soon.