Thread: 2nd trimester energy

Default 2nd trimester energy

At breakfast this morning, I asked DF to not mind me and make himself busy for the next few hours cos there's stuff I wanted to get done...
    He looked at me incredulously and then reminded me how I was just a month ago...I could barely peel myself from the couch, bed, floor, wherever I'd lay down for a bi-hourly rest!!!!

This change in energy is sooo welcome!

Do any of you others have the same totally polar energy gagues?

It has taken me until this week to get that energy back, and I am feeling unbelieveably well, and energetic. I managed to get all the housework done, all the washing, and cook dinner the other day. I had to ward DP that he actually had clean underwear in his draw in case he had a heart attack when he looked in there and saw it! It is usually in a washing basket somewhere!

Ohhhhh. There is hope! I cant wait to get mine back...I feel so damn lazy, unenergetic, and the house....There's so much housework I want to do, and whenever I go to start it, I spend five minutes on it then have to lay down for 10 min....Its crazy, and its just not me. I hate not having energy!

I sure did! I actually commented to someone at work yesterday that I can't believe how much energy I have - especially considering how little sleep I'm getting! But I am in denial and letting myself think it will continue like this - there is no way I am going to be extremly tired again next trimester

MG

Yes, I have definately had more energy over the last few weeks. It feels so good to not feel like sleeping all day! During first trimester i was going to be at 8pm I was so tired! But tonight I've had so much energy I've washed all the plates and cutlery, moved a chest of draws, tidied the computer desk, emptied bin.. I have lots of energy.

Oh please bring that extra energy on soon! I'm desperately waiting for that change to arrive in me. I've been sick and lethargic since Saturday after a week of feeling much better. Hopefully mine will kick in for good soon

Mine's gone again. I had it weeks 16-27, now it has gone away again. Less than 7 weeks left at work and I can sleep all the time! At least I started to nest in the office before the energy wore out so it's neater than it was.

I loved when i got to this stage in my pregnancy - i could actually enjoy it - i remember the first trimester being tired all the time and then for the second trimester it was great!

I never actually got it! I was the same all the way through - extra tired in the afternoon / evening. I hope next time's different!

I am so jealous!!
    I have absolutely no energy at all... I can't recall having any energy during this pregnancy.
    Enjoy your energy boosts you lucky things!!! lol

Well it's arrived! Woohoo! As long as I get plenty of rest (and food!), I can run rampant the rest of the time. I spent Saturday morning doing all the housework that had fallen by the wayside over the past few weeks/months. As long as I take time to sit/lie down and to eat I'm fine.

Its arrived for me too! I finally feel "glowing" and energetic..I spring cleaned my whole house on the weekend and I can dance around while doing it now. Its most certainly welcomed here

*teehee* I thought this was going to be a post about 'does it come?'
    I was going to reply saying it's a total lie!! ROFL
    But I must say I am so pleased that you girls have given me hope for next time around I can only just make it with two 2hr sleeps per day
    (eh who cares if I'm a slob )

Percy Guest

MIne's been and now its gone again! I was fuill of energy untilthe last few days - ie when I clicked over into third trimester! Now I'm exhausted again!

Oh well only 89 days to go! LOL!!

Well i really hope this "change in energy" comes soon. Im still going to bed around 8pm and i really dont do much during the day to tire me out. My bf gets annoyed with me and my lack of energy, most days i really dont feel like doing anything.