Thread: The 3D/4D scan

Default The 3D/4D scan

My friend got a 3D scan and I thought, how cool would that be to get done, but when I rang them, they said I can't do it cos I didnt do my 19/20 week scan with them originally.

Has anyone heard this?

Caz

CatherineL Guest

Sounds odd Caz... try somewhere else maybe? I went to QLD Ultrasound for Women and they were fabbo!

That does sound a bit odd???
    Some places will do them "socially" and you will need to pay the full amount but it is well worth it IMO

Butterfly_Princess Guest

That seams very odd!
    Id definately ring around and find another place that does them Its well worth it!

Hubby called the one at Loganholme and they will do it - they dont need a medical or doc referral so hooray! I can't wait!

Caz

Weird. Sounds like they don't need customers.

caz I went to the one at loganholme! Its a private company and non diagnostic if its the same place! You can take up to 10 people with you! It was great!
    good luck!x

Ye it was great, had it done this arvo, baby kept on covering his face with his little arm.

It is def. a boy! He is so gorgeous! They were really nice at Loganholme.

We got the silver package.

Well i have my 18-20 week scan tomoz the place i'm getting it done from recommended i wait til bout 30-35 weeks to get the 4d as you get alot better pics, and movies... I thought bubs would be too big by then and would be all squished up..... I'm finding out the sex tomoz but a friend was told the sex of her bubs was a boy and had a girl.... so i'm def getting the 4d one just to be sure there right....

When do you all recommend going???

jess if u want ill pm u the link to the site for the place at loganholme it has all the info for when it is best and all that stuff on their site.

Caz its pretty amazing hey! Our bubba had his hand up near his face most the time too! Best of luck with the rest of your pregnancy!!!

I cant remember when we went but I think I was nearly 30 weeks!
    xo

Our OB did a 4d scan for 12 weeks - with take home DVD and I believe I will get the same for the 20 wk scan, which is booked in for January 25, as it is the same OB (our OB works with the "scanner")..... can't wait to see what we are having, though it will be an pricey week - OB fee due plus the 20 wks scan fee!!!