Thread: 3D,4D Ultrasounds Brisbane?

lindie Guest

Default 3D,4D Ultrasounds Brisbane?

Hi girls!
    I am just wondering if anyone can help me at all, Im wondering if there is anyone in the brisbane/Logan area who has had an ultrasound and how much it cost im really interested and I done know anyone who has had it done?

thanks Lindie 14 weeks

Lindie - I really wanted to have a 3D-4D ultrasound but as my last 'normal' one cost me $170, I just didn't have the money for it.

Try looking up Lifespan Medical imaging on the 'net. They have a location in Brisbane at the Roma St transit centre. I went there for my 22wk scan and they were fantastic. Apparently according to the website, they do 4D scanning.

You should try Queensland X-ray, I can't remember how much it was but I think that you can claim some back thru medicare. I also live in logan, crestmead to be exact. Hope that helps.

Default 3D,4D ultrasound brisbane

Hi!
    I'm from the Gold Coast but as there is no facilities here for the 20 week scan we have to go to Brisbane. We are going to Queensland Ultrasound for Women, last time we went it was $180 but well worth it! You can even buy a DVD of the scan and the 4D bits are amazing
    They have a website and are all extremely nice and helpful

Hey there fellow gold coaster Amber - I had a 3D u/s on the coast at lifespan in southport. THey were crap though so I wouldnt go there again.
    We also ended up going to brisbane to queensland womens medical imaging too and they were fantastic, they were expensive but i think from memory we got most of it back. I will be going there straight away next time.

Default 3D,4D ultrasounds brisbane

Hi Cindyb! There's not many of us in here 8-[ We went to th Queensland ultrasound for women in Benowa for our 12 week scan but for some reason the don't do the 19/20 week one. We were given the option of going to a regular ultrasound place but being the most anxious person in the world thought we'd better go to Brisbane! Where are you going to give birth?

Hi

i haven't been for mine yet but the obstet I'm going to see charges $55 per scan. (Nth West hospital) I don't know if this involves 3d/4d scan.

Do you have to wait for 20 weeks to get this done? I'm only 7 weeks.

davisbabyblues Guest

Can someone else maybe help me? I am a bit confused, someone showed me scans of her pregnancy and there was also a 3D scan. On those printout picture things. I am heading towards my 18/20 week scan and I normally go to Southern X-Rays, will I also get a 3D picture, or am I just being hopeful?? I live in the Brisbane area, and I go to Southern X-rays, because it is bulk billed.

Thanks
    Sharon

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neeny
    Hi

i haven't been for mine yet but the obstet I'm going to see charges $55 per scan. (Nth West hospital) I don't know if this involves 3d/4d scan.

Do you have to wait for 20 weeks to get this done? I'm only 7 weeks.
    Hey neeny - who is your OB at the NW?

Hi Fee

I'm seeing Dr Terry Sheahan but my appt has been moved to 7 November so I have to wait a bit longer. Apparently he's got some ermergency surgery on 26 October.

Fee Guest

Quote Originally Posted by neeny
    Hi Fee

I'm seeing Dr Terry Sheahan but my appt has been moved to 7 November so I have to wait a bit longer. Apparently he's got some ermergency surgery on 26 October.
    My SIL and friend used him. And now my other SIL is seeing Dr Howland. I've heard most of the OBs at NW are really good.

(Sorry to hijack this thread!)

lindie Guest

Thanks to all you girls,

thanks for the replies im now 17 weeks and would like my 18-20 week one a 3D hopefully??? still looking for someone closer as we are out beaudesert way so MMM, are any of you girls going to sunnybank private?

thanks Lindie

Lindie - I have a scan booked in for Friday this coming week at the Qld Xray clinic at Mt Gravatt (across the road from Garden City).

I'll ask them there whether they have 3D/4D scans and let you know. I figure if you're considering checking out Sunnybank Private than Mt Gravatt isn't too far.

davisbabyblues Guest

Im still waiting for a reply to my question...anyone???