Thread: Aches, pains and funny feelings

Default Aches, pains and funny feelings

Well coming up to the 16 wks and body has been feeling strange. Which I know is normal because a baby is growing inside me! What I am feeling is probably all normal but just wanted to ask incase it is not normal..........

The past few weeks I have been getting an on and off 'heavy' feeling in uterus area. It kinda feels like the feeling I get when AF is here.. And today I have really sore thigh muscles like I have done a real big workout at the gym - real strange cause last time I was at the gym was last wednesday and didnt really do much over the weekend..

Also, is there a way to tell if you are getting low in iron? I've been getting really tired and exhausted after the most simpliest of things and get this heavy body feeling. Am a bit worried about my iron levels because I dont really know what my iron intake is..

Veronica - i went thru a really tired stage about 16 - 17weeks. When was the last time you had your iron checked. I know that before i was preg, i had an iron deficiency, so i make sure i take my pregnancy multivitamins etc. Maybe next time you see your gp/obs/midlwife - mention it to them, they may recommended some bloods.
    I also did get, not so bad anymore, that heavy feeling. When it was my AF, i used to describe it as my insides about to fall out! But, everything is fine for me, and i dont get them so much anymore. I just put it down to muscles stretching etc. Am not sure about the sore thigh muscles thou.

I have to agree that it does sound like normal pregnancy signs. It's a good suggestion to get your iron levels checked though cause they can drop low for some people. Have you been dizzy or light-headed at all?

No, no dizziness and being light headed. I do take preggy vitamins so hopefully thats enough but I will get my doctor to check. Are there any more routine blood tests to be done?

I too went through a really tired spell at about 16 weeks. I think it's just all a part of pregnancy! But if you're worried speak to your Ob. And that 'heavy' feeling is probably you noticing the weight of the bub for the first time LOL! It just gets worse (and worse and worse I'm told LOL!).

I think most women have their iron levels checked when they have the GCT, at 26 weeks. I know I'm having mine checked, as far as I know everyone else does too.

Oh it gets worse does it?? I cant imagine that it does!! Must be such a weight carrying a baby around in the last few weeks.. But I cant wait!! LOL remind me off this towards the end..

Well Today I woke up with lovely sore hips!! Mainly my left hip.. I find that sitting down I am ok but when I went for a walk around my building it got real sore for a few secconds!. Oh well, must mean things are moving

I had exactly the same as what you describe and I told the Obs I was feeling really tired all the time, they found out that even though I was taking the pregnancy vitamins, I was still deficient in Iron. Now I have to take Iron Tablets along with my normal preg tablets. Make sure you get the ones that have vitamin C combined with them so your body can absorb them.

The obs said that the normal pregnancy tabs dont have enough Iron in them so extra tablets are recommended.

linny Guest

Hi
    Ive been on iron tablets for a while now and the dr told me the same thing that the preg vitamins are good but dont have enough iron in them.ive found that they have helped slightly with the tiredness.dr also said that it takes quite a few weeks for the iron to store in the body so it good to take them so you have enough for later when the baby starts to reallly take it off you.
    Is anyone getting aches near their ribs or back and having trouble sleeping?
    Im 19 weeks now and having 20 week scan on wed so a bit nervous as i dont feel that big considering im having twins and tend to only feel movement every now and then especially at night.Has anyone else had these worries?

Linny, hi, I'm not having twins, but, even thou i have felt movement since 15weeks, they have not been regular, or very strong. Went like 2 weeks without feeling anything. The last 2 days only i have felt stronger movements.
    They say they move more at night time, when we are asleep, as our daily movements rock the bubs to sleep, so at night when we are sleeping, and not moving, they tend to be awake. So we miss all the action!