Thread: Aches and pains......Why???

Default Aches and pains......Why???

Hi girls,

I'm 14w2d pg and over the last week or so i have noticed that if i stand up for to long I get really bad aches in the back of my legs, just above my knees.
    Sometimes these aches occur after only a few minutes of standing, and the only thing i can do to ease the ache is to sit down. I can't be spending half my day sitting especially when i have a 2yr to look after.

Wondering if anyone else is experiencing the same thing and if so what you did to help relieve the problem. Any feedback would be fantastic.

Thanks girls, take care Leah

Sorry Leah, I can`t help you with the aches and pains you have but if it keeps up I`d let your Dr know.

How are you going? You should come and talk to us in the NSW/ACT forum, we`d love to have you join us.

Take Care

Deeanne

Deeanne, I am going really well thanks. I still have the m/s and can't eat very much at all. So far i haven't put on any weight, i've actually lost 3.5kg.
    How are things with you going? Hope all is well.
    Yes i will go and have a look at the NSW/ACT forum. Take care.

Shannonwiththird, thanks for that bit of information sounds like this could be something like what i may have. Yes it's hard work looking after the litte ones when your not feeling the best. Take care

Leah, I`m doing ok thanks, just the typical pregnancy aches and pains but I`m starting to will away the weeks, just want to meet my little man. I`ve so far put on 14kg and I`m know at my ideal weight for my height. It`d be great to see you in the NSW forum, glad to hear all is going well for you.

Take Care

Deeanne

Deeanne, glad your doing well. I know what you mean about willing away the weeks, i am doing the same all i want is to be able to feel good and sit down to a meal and enjoy it. When is your little man due again?

Take care Leah

Custardtart Guest

Default aches

I'd talk to a physio about the pain - it could be anything from sciatica to a pinched nerve to ligament strain, either way they may be able to suggest a way of relieving it. Try for a physio who has experience with pregnancies.

Kerrie

Leah, Little Matthew is due in 5 weeks - 27th April.

Take Care

Deeanne

Leah,

I had pretty sort legs at about 20-30 weeks, and had a wonderful massage (well acutally it bloody hurt!) I had all sorts of knots in my legs, which I never knew i had - she worked them all out, it was an excrutiating experience, but well worth it as my legs haven't hurt since!!

Try to find a good sports massage therapist - not relaxation, that wont do it for you. As for the aches and pains? - our bodies are going through a heap, centre of gravity's changing, weight fluctuations. Its hardly surprising there are a few grumbles. We should get medals for this!

Fi

Deeanne, i can't believe i actually asked when bub was born. I mean to say it's at the end of every post you send.Sorry about that, i'll blame the pg brain for that one. Five weeks you must be so excited that the time is getting closer,and little Matthew will soon be in your arms.

Fi, what a great idea i never thought about a massage therapist sounds like a great way to go. I can tolerate the pain especially if i know i am going to be better of for it. Will have to have a look and try and find a therapist now, will let you know how I go.

Hope everyone is well and I will wish you all a very Happy Easter now as I won't be online for a few days now.
    Take care Leah

Deeanne, I've done it again #-o I meant when bubs due not born.

Taka care Leah

Kerrie, I think i will try either physio or a massage therapist. Will let you know how we go.
    Take care Leah

MIL told me that when she was PG with DH she had pain shooting down her legs. He was her 3rd bub and she didn't have anything like it with the older two, she also had another after DH with no pain.
    Maybe it could be the position of the baby pinching a nerve when you stand.
    On another note, I have a sore lower back/hip and if it is really playing up I can have pain in my knee or ankle. It goes away after a click in or a visit to the chiropractor. I did go to one when I was PG but I have a good one that I trust. Maybe it could be worth a try as your back might be out.