Thread: Aching Nipples May be TMI

Cool Aching Nipples May be TMI

Hi
    I am just wondering if anyone elses nipples are really sore. I cant touch them, dry them with a towel, I need to have a bra on or my top rubs them and hurts, generally i just cant touch them.
    I know they can be like this in the early stages of pregnancy but i didnt really have it and now its like 100 times worse.
    Can anyone help? I go to the docs tomorrow so i will ask there also.
    thanks
    Jen

Im the same, although i was told it should ease up by about 12-13 weeks. Sorry I have no advice

I have them now, just about to give birth, and they go away if I put something cold on them for a while like a cold shower, some people have tried cold packs. Or you could do nipple stimulation that helps mine?

Bel

im 20 weeks and have only started getting this but it is only my right one but it is very painful,almost feels like someone is pinching/biting it.
    nikki

~Infinity~ Guest

i have this problem. my bub is 10 weeks and im still b/f tho i have to top her up with formula due to low milk supply.
    my nipple burn for about an hour after a feed and if i get too cold - every time i shower. its called nipple vasospasm i have found breast warmers to help alot. the pain and frequency of spasms are lessening and bub gets older and my nipples grow less sensitive. it was very hard in the first few weeks with cracked and blleding nipples, i had to grit my teeth to aply cream.
    check out this website
    http://www.kellymom.com/bf/concerns/...blanching.html

Any chance you've got a yeast infection? From the way you were describing it, that's kind of what it sounds like to me. Vaginal yeast infections are pretty common during pregnancy, and it can be spread to your nipples. Usually this only happens if you are nursing and your baby has thrush, but I have had it once when I wasn't nursing. If you think that is a possibility, talk to you doctor/midwife about using an anti-fungal cream on your nipples.
    Hope you get some relief one way or another!

I'm 16 weeks & mine have been sore & tender from the begining.
    Not quite as bad as urs sound tho.
    I hope the doctor can help u out.

i'm 19 weeks and mine have been intermittently sore and extremely sensitive since about 15 weeks, very uncomfortable but bearable.

there is a thing called raynauds (sp?) syndrome that is caracterised by the nipples looking white when they are painful, made worse by cold. It can be treated with medication and is often misdiagnosed as thrush in the breast.
    this is a transcript of an interview which explains the symptoms a bit

http://www.abc.net.au/rn/talks/8.30/...s/s1181487.htm

nicca

my nipples have been extra sensitive and sore since 5 weeks!

i am exactly the same as you due 18 feb and they still hurt a lot most of the time... DH is learning to be very very careful! Look but don't touch sweetie!

I'm getting used to heavy sore boobs being part of the fun...