Thread: advice please!

annef6722 Guest

Default advice please!

hi girls

i had some heavy bleeding in the early stages of my pregnancy, and my gp advised me not to have sex, until 12 weeks. i was having spotting a few weeks ago, but since then i've only had two days of spotting last week - tiny amounts of blood. i'm not sure if its safe yet to have sex? my gp only works 3hours a week (monday), and i'm reluctant to see another doctor (and take time off work, and pay $30-...), because i think it should be fine now. hubby is very anxious to resume relations! what do you girls think?
    thanks for any advice

annef6722 Guest

hi emma
    i'm 12 weeks now,
    thanks

I'd wait to see your Dr

goldilocks Guest

Anne, DTD caused me to have some bleeding/spotting during my pregnancy (although I had a blighted ovum so things weren't right anyway). I would wait to see your doctor, as the other ladies said. When you do resume relations, I'd take it very slowly! I found that DTD only irritated things so we had to abstain. Tell your DH to be patient! A healthy baby is more important than DTD!!!

Love
    Belle
    -xxxooo-

Tigergirl1980 Guest

I agree with waiting to see your doctor.

annef6722 Guest

thanks for the advice girls - i'll have to see my doctor - just wish i could see her outside work hours - i've been having probably 4hours off every week since i fell pregnant, seeing one doctor, having scans/tests etc.
    thanks again

Tigergirl1980 Guest

You could always ring the hospital and speak to a midwife to see what he/she has to say.

Important to seek professional help in this sort of matter. However, I bled in the first trimester with my first pregnancy, and my doctor's opinion (and, even though they are doctors, you should still take their advice with a grain of salt) was that sex, in most cases, is perfectly fine, and that if one is going to miscarry it's regardless of whether they have sex or not. As well as seeking a medical opinion, you should go with instinct. Sometimes sex is slightly dangerous. MOst of the time, bleeding is just a normal part of pregnancy (many pregnant women bleed - some women don't find out they're pregnant for many months because they still experience a "period" and go on to have healthy babies. It really depends on the cause of the bleeding.

I definately would seek medical opinion.
    Bleeding is stressful. If you begin to bleed or spot again I don't know if the stress would be worth it for the sex!
    You have the rest of your llives to have sex I would definately wait. Besides in the third trimester when you just want that baby out your hubby can have PLENTY of sex then!!!

I would personally abstain until I could see dr/ob. There are ways to "satisfy" you both without actually DTD, in the meantime IYKWIM