Thread: Alan?? Whats your view on a Vbacx2?

Red face Alan?? Whats your view on a Vbacx2?

Hey Alan,

Hoping to grab your attention...

I am having my third bub, due in Oct. I had an emergency csection with my first due to failure to progress (more like I was scared and slowed my labour!!) and an elective cesear with my second. Now that I am pregnant with my third and after studying to become a midwife and working as a doula, I really really really want to try for a vbacx2.

I had my two boys at a public hospital and initially went to see a private OB with this pregnancy. When I mentioned the vbacx2 he said, "oh we will talk about that later". I with that, I went back to my previous public hospital and they virtually said the same thing. Why cant a get a clear cut answer??

I was just wondering what your opinion on them would be?

becmc Guest

Go for it, it sounds fantastic!!
    Though you probably won't get much support in a hospital, so a homebirth would probably be your best bet.
    I am having a home vbac this year, and I have only had one c/s and the amount of crap you have to go through when booking into hospital, and all the protocols you are forced to comply with, it is ridiculous!! Needless to say we have the hospital booking as a back up only.
    Good Luck

Hi Mumma
    I say go for it.
    But it sounds to me like the hospitals you went to are not too keen on the idea.
    It could be a good idea to put a birth plan together so that they are in no doubt what you want. It may also be a good idea to have a support person with you who is willing to speak for you if needed during your labour.
    If you want I could look for some research on this so that you have some information to show how safe a VBAC2 is in relationship to C/S 3.

Hello Alan,

Thankyou so much for your help. The research you suggested would be great. Having studied to be a midwife myself (only one subject to go - keep getting pregnant!) I know some of the pros and cons but if you have any other info, it would be great to hear.

I do plan on having a fellow Doula with me for this birth. The public hospital where I am going, my uncle is the head OB, so really I should be able to say what I want! haha. When I mentioned the vbacx2 to him, he basically rolled his eyes and gave me a look like, am I crazy? Doesnt do much for my confidence!

I have been told that a homebirth would be my best option, but after a bad first labour experience, it worries me not to have the hospital there just incase. Maybe Im crazy?

You can contact me via [email protected]. Would be great to chat! Thankyou so much for your help.