Thread: Alan? Whipper Snippering at 19 weeks

Default Alan? Whipper Snippering at 19 weeks

G'Day

I am just over 19 weeks and keen to get out into the garden and do some whipper snippering of the lawns, is this recommended? I have instability in my pelvis, but have got a brace to wear when walking, sleeping, resting etc.

The WS has a support strap and and padded section on your hips, it is a 4 stroke, not sure of exact weight.

DH can't get out too much as he has a spider bite on his leg and has to keep it up, and reduce any exercise on it.

If not the lawns will have to wait!!

Cheers

Hi Victoria
    Using a whipper snipper should not be a problem. Just make sure that you don?t breathe too much of the exhaust fumes.

Go the WS!! lol Thats great.
    I mowed the lawns on my due date pmsl...It was a vain attempt to get things going - didn't work, but the hubby and MIL got a good laugh

Just make sure you get some pics so you an remind you DH just how much you did during your pregnancy

sorry to hijack your thread though

Cool!! Thanks Alan!!

Yeah I have had some friends who did some pretty crazy stuff to get the baby to come at the end of the pregnancy, but I guess it is a bit hard to tell what you can and can't do - thanks heaps

Woo Hoo Limeslice - that is cool!! Did you get a piccy of that?!?! Hijacking is fine!!

After lunch I am off, here I come lawns!!

I wouldn't do it if you're having pelvic instability problems. You may not feel the affects for a few hours or even days. Take care of yourself and you'll be thankful for it later.

I'm saying this as someone that has constant pelvic and lower back pain every day that begun as pelvic instability in pregnancy.

pmsl...I just uploaded a photo of me mowing the lawn

pmsl !! i used a ride on mower the other day .... it was fun till i ran into a tree ... but me and bubs are fine ..

if you feel up to it , you can do what you feel comfortable with , if you feel tired or pain , then stop .. and take care of your pelvis !!

ROFL Lea!! That is priceless, I used to drive the ride on at my parents farm it was heaps of fum, didn't run into anything thought, I can picture hitting that tree!!

Job is done, I got a few funny looks when I was out the front of the house, but glad to have it all sorted, and they are forecasting showers all week, so hopefully it will all be worth it and out lawn will be back better than ever!!

I did have a bad night afterwards, but have since been sleeping on about 5 pillows and have finally been able to get relief and sleep!!