Thread: Am I feeling baby's first movements???

Default Am I feeling baby's first movements???

Good Morning Ladies!

I have a question for all. What exactly does the baby moving feel like? I know that so many people describe it as "fluttering" but I'm after something a liiiiiiitle more descriptive. I'm asking because last night I was chatting to Sunny Summer online and felt 3 or 4 repeated twinges in the same spot. Each lasted about 3 or 4 seconds and didn't hurt - more like a nerve twitch or something. THEN, I went to bed about 10.40 and after lying in bed a while I felt these "stirrings" in my tummy. Kind of like that feeling you get when you're nervous just before an exam or something. Not in any specific spot but more all around my tummy. And even some sharper pains under my ribs on one ocassion. Couldn't feel anything on the outside. So, experienced Mummies, did I feel my baby moving? Or was it something else? I haven't said anything to DH yet because I want to be sure first... But I'm so excited because we said we wouldn't buy anything until either a). I felt something or b). the next ultrasound came back good - which ever came first (after the incident on Monday). Ok, any feedback would be so very much appreciated!

Love MG

I dont know!! but whoooo hoooo how exciting!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Yep sounds like it to me, that's what my first feelings were like. Don't be alarmed though if you don't feel anything else for a while, after my first flutterings it was a few weeks before I felt it again but it was more noticeable then, although maybe it continued but I didn't notice, lol. Wooooohoooooo

Thanks Bec! I am so excited now! Think I might go baby item shopping!!!!!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hooooorahhhhhh. Shop away, have you bought anything yet?

ROFL I am so mean. I have chosen child care (have to book really early here) but not bought ONE THING!!!!!!!! DH said no until I was in 2nd tri, then I got kicked in the stomach at work so we were waiting until either I felt something or the next u/s showed everything was AOK. But I'm going shopping today! Look out credit card! I'm just glad I wasn't imagining the movement! Can't wait to tell DH now!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Awwwwwwwwwwwwwwwwww yay I'm so happy that you can go out and shop now, let us know what you buy

ETA: I can't believe you were kicked in the stomach. So glad that everything is alright.

peadeatric patients - the joys. Love when they have temper tantrums!

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Oh you poor thing, thank God it wasn't an awful outcome. Enjoy your shopping expedition.

Yep I agree, totally sounds like movement to me!
    Congratulations

YAY MG - how exciting for you!! I never felt 'fluttering' either just pretty much what you described!!Enjoy shopping!!

Thank you so much lovelies! It's so reasurring to know I wasn't imagining it! I felt it again this morning in the car when we were trecking across the country side to visit baby stores! Bubbles must have known we were buying things for them! After all the trecking we did, we only bought two things (most of the stores just weren't what we were expecting). DH chose a change table that needs a little work (he wants a project so he can bond with Bubbles before the birth. So cute!) and a little outfit from Target that I love! I would have bought so much more except he also bought me an eternity ring! I figured that was enough spending for one day! So thank you to all of you for affirming what I thought!

MG

I have felt the odd twinge and cramp, the odd little "was it/wasn't it?" movement, sort of like the twinges you were describing, but I'm classing last night as my first! Because that's the first time I didn't wonder, but I'm sure I've felt the baby before.

We were sat watching TV, the traps for the wine bubbling away and all of a sudden I got the little bubbly movements from Liebling! Like a little "bubble-ubble-ub" sort of feeling, but right on top of the baby! I'm getting the odd little "bubble" feeling right now, I think that may be an early kick! I told DH and he straight away put his hand on top of my belly (I had to move it down to on top of the baby, not on top of my ribs) but, quelle surprise, he didn't feel anything.

HTH! And yay for you for getting the eternity ring, I have warned DH he has to get me one, maybe I should remind him again.

Tigergirl1980 Guest

Hoorah for your purchases

Yay MG,
    shopping for unisex clothing is so hard to do these days. AS you have found out! Woohoo for DH doing the changetable project, it will be good bonding for him.
    And woohoo on the eternity ring, if only i could get my DF to get married before this birth! Ha he wants to wait till i have bubs so bambino is involved too!

Percy Guest

I started to have those movements late last week - they are like holding a moth or a butterfly in your hand - kind of fluttering. Also felt a kinda bubbling sensation as well.

Its all very exciting!!!!

(PS I've only brought 2 baby gro suits and thats it! Haven't even started looking at prams or cots or anything so you are not alone there!!!)

Default Sounds familiar!

That sounds a lot like what happened to me. I had a constant pain under my right ribs for ages at a time and a friend later told me that was the baby kicking or stretching or sitting or something. That was two weeks ago, (17 wks) and just today I felt something poke me a couple of times, which I'm guessing was a kick from a tiny foot! It's a great feeling isn't it?!!