Thread: Am sure this is normal - but, not much movement

Default Am sure this is normal - but, not much movement

Last 2 weeks or so, had heaps of movement, but this week, seems to be not much at all. I still feel bubs during the day, but, not as stong, or as often as i have before. I used to feel movement, without even thinking about it, but, now, i really have to concentrate, and eat/drink something to get it to happen, and when it does move, not very much, or strong. Last week, carried on for like an nearly and hour.
    I think perhaps baby has shifted, as i feel more tighter down lower, get pains when i walk to fast, bladder doesnt seem to be able take much, and also, seem to be able to get my pants done up abit better.
    I am sure this is all normal, just want some reassurance i suppose. I think what if he/she is distressed or something, or is slowly slowing down KWIM? All these worst case senarios.

I was told if your baby moves 10 times a day then it's okay and not to worry about the rest of the day. It's easier said than done not to worry about it.
    I've always got checked out if i hadn't felt much movement just for peace of mind and Eleanor was always moving when i went to the hospital.

If you are worried call the hospital and see if they will give you a CTG and trace the babies movements.

even if it is just slight movement?

mum2bee i was told one thing from the midwife and another from the doctor.
    The midwife told me even small movements is a movement but the doctor said go by the strong movements i felt as sometimes it was my uterus contracting that i could feel.

Mum2bee
    All movements count even small ones.
    One reason your baby is not noving much is because he is running out of space. The big swooshing movements will slow and then stop you will begin to get more kicks and limbs sticking out. You will feel more prodding type movements. Don't worry it's normal

renee78 Guest

Hi Alan,

Im 29 weeks pregnant and over the past 4 to 5 weeks I have experiencing the same thing. My ob has checked the babies heartbeat and it's fine...is there something else she should be checking that would indicate if something is wrong? Im getting smaller movements that aren't as strong as before and the movements have slowed down. Im not getting a lot of kicks, however sometimes I can see limbs sticking out and I can feel hiccups.

Not sure if all of this is normal.