Nicolee, firstly congratulations on your pregnancy.
I have had 2 amnios and am due to have another one in a week or so (expecting twins).
I think it really depends on what you would do if the results showed some form of abnormality. If you would still go ahead with the pregnancy, then maybe it would not be worth having the amnio. If you think that you would not let the pregnancy continue, then you should have it done.
But no matter what you decide, it must be a decision that you feel totally happy with. Do not let other people pressure you into doing something you don't really want to.
I have no qualms about having another amnio. I know that in expert hands, the risk of M/C is very low.
I also have a friend who had low results with the nuchal U/S and bloods, 18 week U/S looked good and yet her daughter was born with DS. She was 42 at the time.
I wish you all the best and hope you find the path that you feel most at ease with.
Bookmarks